RaleighCraps
RaleighCraps
  • Threads: 79
January 4th, 2013 at 2:09:56 PM permalink
Quote: kenarman

RaleighC.

What was the minimum on the craps table at the Cyrstal Palace since that is my game of choice.

I don't recall, but it must have been $10. I KNOW it was not $5, and I did not have much BR back then, so $15 would have been almost out of reach.
Always borrow money from a pessimist; They don't expect to get paid back ! Be yourself and speak your thoughts. Those who matter won't mind, and those that mind, don't matter!
Woldus
Woldus
  • Threads: 14
January 4th, 2013 at 3:09:53 PM permalink
Quote: kenarman

RaleighC.

What was the minimum on the craps table at the Cyrstal Palace since that is my game of choice.

Generally on the island it'll run $10 though I've seen $15 min on the weekend at Atlantis. There's only two choices so if you want to play they make it at least $10. At the outdoor Cove gaming area it's usually $15, too. (Never seen a $5 table in 10 years).

A couple other thoughts...not sure your situation on getting to the hotel from airport. The "limo" services use vans or smaller buses (like rental car shuttles). They won't leave the airport until they're full. We always get a cab for about the same amount of money, but there's rarely a line and they take you right away.

Make sure you set an evening aside to eat at Luciano's of Chicago. Converted house on the harborside - right on Bay street. Outdoor dining, great service, fantastic food...11 out of 10! Fish Fry is open, casual and fun - Luciano's is comfortable, but upscale and colonial.
RaleighCraps
RaleighCraps
  • Threads: 79
January 4th, 2013 at 4:05:09 PM permalink
We ate at an Italian restaurant that we walked to from Crystal Palace. It was 1.5 km and a pretty easy walk, although a part of the walk was a bit sketchy.

The meal was AWESOME! In looking at the map, I am certain it was Capricco Ristorante on West Bay Street.

If you like authentic Italian, you will not be disappointed.
Always borrow money from a pessimist; They don't expect to get paid back ! Be yourself and speak your thoughts. Those who matter won't mind, and those that mind, don't matter!
drunktek
drunktek
  • Threads: 0
January 4th, 2013 at 4:50:06 PM permalink
Quote: AxiomOfChoice

That doesn't make it any less taxable in the US. I don't know your risk tolerance, but I, personally, would not risk jail time to get around reporting $40k in income.

and i thought you were a gambler :)
unJon
unJon 
  • Threads: 14
August 27th, 2018 at 3:29:52 PM permalink
Has anyone been to Atlantis recently? Iím heading in November with the family and friends. Interested in what blackjack rules and limits they mostly have now. Also for craps limits and odds. Thanks! May also play some carney games like UTH if Iím just hanging and drinking with my friends.
The race is not always to the swift, nor the battle to the strong; but that is the way to bet.
Lovecomps
Lovecomps
  • Threads: 78
August 28th, 2018 at 1:49:00 PM permalink
What about taxes on winnings, if I should be so lucky?

If you should actually hit a jackpot or hot streak, put the money in the safe on the cruise ship and never tell a soul.
The best things in life are not free.

• Jump to: