rxwine
rxwine
  • Threads: 166
July 28th, 2015 at 1:12:44 PM permalink
Decided to mention one thing I like about Tampa Hard Rock. Motorcycle parking right in front of door under a garage. And there are always spaces no matter how crowded (so far), if on a bike. Not so easy with a car as far as I can tell.

Been there with both.
Quasimodo? Does that name ring a bell?
TwoFeathersATL
TwoFeathersATL
  • Threads: 37
July 28th, 2015 at 2:31:07 PM permalink
Quote: rxwine

Decided to mention one thing I like about Tampa Hard Rock. Motorcycle parking right in front of door under a garage. And there are always spaces no matter how crowded (so far), if on a bike. Not so easy with a car as far as I can tell.

Been there with both.

Tampa Hard Rock, I've been there, it's in Tampa.
Wasn't supposed to be there.
Was supposed to driving home, to ATL.
Been fishing for a couple days, search Hubbards Marina.
Smelled like ripe bait I did.
Put on a almost clean shirt and pants, walked in, couldn't resist myself.
Sunday about 10:00 AM.
Walked around for a bit, fairly large place.
Couldn't find $10 BJ, bull crap.
Settled for $15 BJ, bought in for $300 cash.
Darn table is 6:5.
Played heads up mostly gainst house, 1 hour, 1 hour exactly.
Walked away w/$1300, after leaving $150 in dealer tips.
Who's afraid of the big bad wolf, big bad wolf, big bad wolf.....
Jumped in car, pointed toward GA, called wife.
Just got off the boat honey, caught some really nice fish, on my way, see you in 8 hours, love you.......
Youuuuuu MIGHT be a 'rascal' if.......(nevermind ;-)...2F
Doc
Doc
  • Threads: 45
July 28th, 2015 at 8:20:39 PM permalink
Quote: TwoFeathersATL

Been fishing for a couple days, search Hubbards Marina.

Used to be a Hubbard's Pier in Pass-A-Grill from which they operated the Miss Pass-A-Grill and Miss Pass-A-Grill II fishing boats. Went on them a couple of times in either the late '50s or early '60s. I think the earlier boat sank right at the pier.

Later they moved to a pier on the south side of John's Pass and later than that moved a few hundred feet to a location on the north side of John's Pass. They had developed (for the tourists) a set of shops forming a faux fishing village from which fishing boats really went out multiple times a day for half-day, full-day, and multi-day trips. This is probably the place you're talking about.

My wife and I liked those little half-day expeditions, and I really liked that I could have the crew clean the catch and then have it prepared for us at the Friendly Fisherman restaurant right by the pier.

Among the photos I have decorating my condo walls are two shots of John's Pass, one from the boardwalk right before one of those fishing outings, showing the sunrise with the pelicans sitting on the pier posts, and the other from the boat just after setting off, looking back at the John's Pass Village.
TwoFeathersATL
TwoFeathersATL
July 29th, 2015 at 4:32:38 AM permalink
Quote: Doc

Used to be a Hubbard's Pier in Pass-A-Grill from which they operated the Miss Pass-A-Grill and Miss Pass-A-Grill II fishing boats. Went on them a couple of times in either the late '50s or early '60s. I think the earlier boat sank right at the pier.

Later they moved to a pier on the south side of John's Pass and later than that moved a few hundred feet to a location on the north side of John's Pass. They had developed (for the tourists) a set of shops forming a faux fishing village from which fishing boats really went out multiple times a day for half-day, full-day, and multi-day trips.

That is the one, Hubbards Marina, Madeira Beach (Johns Pass ). Stumbled into them on the Internet while looking for a multi day fishing trip into the Gulf. If you like trip reports with pics of big fish, check out 'the online Fisherman', go to forums, go to offshore reports, look for TRs posted by Bob Harbison, posts at least one a week covering the 39, 46, 64 hour trips out of Hubbards. I've been on a couple of the 39 hour trips, so if you looked hard enough you'd find pics of me with some really nice fish.

Which led me purely by accident to the Hard Rock Tampa ;-)
ten2win
ten2win
  • Threads: 20
July 29th, 2015 at 8:42:55 AM permalink
We used to frequent Dockside Dave's whenever we went to St. Pete Beach.

The Original is in Madeira Beach, about a mile North of The John's Pass Drawbridge, on the East side of Gulf Boulevard.

It's nothing fancy but they have the Freshest Grouper I've ever had.
I don't know everything but I know a lot.
TwoFeathersATL
TwoFeathersATL
July 29th, 2015 at 8:53:33 AM permalink
Quote: ten2win

We used to frequent Dockside Dave's whenever we went to St. Pete Beach.

The Original is in Madeira Beach, about a mile North of The John's Pass Drawbridge, on the East side of Gulf Boulevard.

It's nothing fancy but they have the Freshest Grouper I've ever had.

Thx, I will check out Dockside Dave's.
But the freshest Grouper, is the Grouper you just caught,
Very hard to beat....
terapined
terapined
  • Threads: 78
August 20th, 2016 at 2:04:13 PM permalink
Copied from Tampa Poker players FB page

"Tampa Hard Rock now charges $10 for all parking. You can use comp dollars to pay or you will be comped if are a hotel guest, have a spa treatment or eat at a restrauant with a bill over $50. What a rip off! I've always liked the smaller poker rooms better but now I REALLY like them better!"

Sucks
I actually like their Buffet
Not enough to have 10 bucks tacked onto my bill though
"Everybody's bragging and drinking that wine, I can tell the Queen of Diamonds by the way she shines, Come to Daddy on an inside straight, I got no chance of losing this time" -Grateful Dead- "Loser"
rxwine
rxwine
  • Threads: 166
August 20th, 2016 at 3:36:50 PM permalink
Quote: terapined

Copied from Tampa Poker players FB page

"Tampa Hard Rock now charges $10 for all parking. You can use comp dollars to pay or you will be comped if are a hotel guest, have a spa treatment or eat at a restrauant with a bill over $50. What a rip off! I've always liked the smaller poker rooms better but now I REALLY like them better!"

Sucks
I actually like their Buffet
Not enough to have 10 bucks tacked onto my bill though

I thought it was just their garage parking. Not parking in the open lot.
Quasimodo? Does that name ring a bell?
FleaStiff
FleaStiff
  • Threads: 265
September 1st, 2016 at 4:56:10 PM permalink
Quote: rxwine

I thought it was just their garage parking. Not parking in the open lot.

That may be.
All the ten dollar parking comps involve the garage exit machines or guards.

Elite and Xcard holders are exempt from the ten dollar garage parking fee.

Fifty dollars in food is ONLY in the UPSCALE restaurants, not the food court and must not be COMP dollars.
FleaStiff
FleaStiff
  • Threads: 265
September 16th, 2019 at 7:21:18 PM permalink
3 day job fair about to begin for 1,200 jobs in brand new Guitar Hotel. Housekeeping jobs predominate. Hotel to open Real Soon Now.

• Jump to: