Poll

10 votes (35.71%)
18 votes (64.28%)

28 members have voted

NandB
NandB
  • Threads: 8
July 17th, 2011 at 5:39:09 PM permalink
And how does the Corporate portion of the revenue stream suffer? Placing the bulk of the debt responsibility upon people, removes corporate responsibility. Corporate shold take 1/2 responsibility of such burden. Just My Don Quixote 2c worth
To err is human. To air is Jordan. To arrr is pirate.
s2dbaker
s2dbaker
  • Threads: 51
July 17th, 2011 at 5:40:33 PM permalink
Quote: ItsCalledSoccer

If you don't mind, please post the WHOLE quote.

Reposting entire discussions is tiresome for the reader when they can simply go ..

It's right there, anyone can read it for themselves.

So what was that question that I was supposed to answer?
Someday, joor goin' to see the name of Googie Gomez in lights and joor goin' to say to joorself, "Was that her?" and then joor goin' to answer to joorself, "That was her!" But you know somethin' mister? I was always her yuss nobody knows it! - Googie Gomez
ItsCalledSoccer
ItsCalledSoccer
  • Threads: 42
July 17th, 2011 at 5:47:22 PM permalink
Quote: NandB

And how does the Corporate portion of the revenue stream suffer? Placing the bulk of the debt responsibility upon people, removes corporate responsibility. Corporate shold take 1/2 responsibility of such burden. Just My Don Quixote 2c worth

Fair question, although I'm not sure why anyone - corporate or personal - MUST suffer. But anyways ...

Corporations are just entities, kind of like people. There's not much reason to separate the two. But, according to p. 97 of the 1040 instructions, corporate taxes make up 4% of government revenues (borrowing makes up 40%, personal income taxes 26%). We could guess why corporations aren't made to pay more.

But remember, corporations pay salaries to individuals, and those individuals pay taxes, mostly at a higher rate. The expenses a corporation charges are income to other corporations, which use that to pay its people and its own tax burden. Should corporations aren't making money pay taxes on income that doesn't exist? Is it really a valid point to say that corporations only avoid taxes because of loopholes? Loopholes are law-abiding; it's a bad law that allows for them, not a bad corporation.

I don't think taxing corporations more is the answer. 40% is borrowed; shall we increase taxes on corporations by 10 times to make that up? Do we really think corporations would keep their current employee base - and subsequently income tax receivables to the government - at a 10x tax burden?

Personally, I'm not so quick to assign motive or burden to corporations, and I don't think the problem lies with how much/little they're taxed.
ItsCalledSoccer
ItsCalledSoccer
July 17th, 2011 at 5:48:18 PM permalink
Quote: s2dbaker

Reposting entire discussions is tiresome for the reader when they can simply go ..So what was that question that I was supposed to answer?

It's there. The reason you're not answering it or quoting it is something other than me not having posed it.

Maybe all this rigamarole is intentional .. to make the reader tired. Also an effective, if not transparent, tactic.

(Obfuscation.)
s2dbaker
s2dbaker
July 17th, 2011 at 5:51:15 PM permalink

Do we really think corporations would keep their current employee base - and subsequently income tax receivables to the government - at a 10x tax burden?

Yes. The alternative is what? Go Galt? That's not going to happen.
Someday, joor goin' to see the name of Googie Gomez in lights and joor goin' to say to joorself, "Was that her?" and then joor goin' to answer to joorself, "That was her!" But you know somethin' mister? I was always her yuss nobody knows it! - Googie Gomez
s2dbaker
s2dbaker
July 17th, 2011 at 5:52:34 PM permalink

It's there.

Still not seeing it.
buzzpaff
buzzpaff
  • Threads: 112
July 17th, 2011 at 5:54:05 PM permalink
Try This one
Do not try to teach a pig to sing. it wastes your time and annoys the pig. So that is my last post on this thread,
ItsCalledSoccer
ItsCalledSoccer
July 17th, 2011 at 5:56:16 PM permalink

Yes. The alternative is what? Go Galt? That's not going to happen.

So ... corporations, with a 10x tax burden, will keep ALL the employees they have, and at the exact same salary levels? Corporations don't seek a way to cut costs to survive?

(These are questions, by the way.)

EDIT: Galt, as in fictional John Galt? Emphasis on FICTIONAL? Is that the only world that works for you?

(Also questions.)

Why is that a better response than creating an environment where corporations will hire, thereby increasing the tax base? Higher taxes for corporations >> more taxpayers? Really?

(More questions.)
ItsCalledSoccer
ItsCalledSoccer
July 17th, 2011 at 5:56:41 PM permalink

Still not seeing it.

I can't make you see them.
s2dbaker
s2dbaker
July 17th, 2011 at 5:59:34 PM permalink

So ... corporations, with a 10x tax burden, will keep ALL the employees they have, and at the exact same salary levels? Corporations don't seek a way to cut costs to survive?

(These are questions, by the way.)

This is a good question and a fair question and the answer is "Yes". Corporations that pay taxes are making a profit and are indeed surviving quite nicely.

• Jump to: