1 vote (12.5%)
5 votes (62.5%)

8 members have voted

Gabes22
Gabes22
  • Threads: 15
December 27th, 2020 at 12:41:15 AM permalink
Quote: jjjoooggg

I lost my Apple watch a month ago. It has cell service. I put it in lost mode. Tonight, "find my iphone" located the watch.

Should I call the cops? Would they invest energy into this case?

Something similar happened to us. My GF had her old iPhone stolen and one day all her accounts were messed up. Anyways we called the police and the basically told us to stop wasting their time
A flute with no holes is not a flute, a donut with no holes is a danish
Wizard
Administrator
Wizard
  • Threads: 1369
December 27th, 2020 at 6:32:06 AM permalink
Quote: jjjoooggg

Stolen. Another state

That is a horse of another color. Since it was stolen, I would report the situation to the police by mail or their web site. If it was the LVPD, I don't think they would do anything. Probably make you come in and file a report in person, just to deter you from bothering them.
It's not whether you win or lose; it's whether or not you had a good bet.
heatmap
heatmap
  • Threads: 174
December 27th, 2020 at 9:54:41 AM permalink
i would use it as a data stream to sell their movements and browsing history - pretty sure its what john mcaffee did to his political opponents he jut gave out the laptops that had the backdoors in them so he could spy on them.
jjjoooggg
jjjoooggg
  • Threads: 33
December 27th, 2020 at 10:13:02 AM permalink
10 years, a local detective told me over the phone that there are 27k cases/year.

I've been in my local detectives' office. I think there is maybe 10 detectives.
Last edited by: jjjoooggg on Dec 27, 2020
I belong to an elite group called the "Zombie Outbreak Response Team."
Gandler
Gandler 
  • Threads: 31
December 27th, 2020 at 12:37:24 PM permalink
I would probably just make an insurance claim through your cell provider and get a new watch (probably safest for all parties).

If the watch is several states away from you, it is unlikely that you will get it back by the police. If you lived locally I know police will often accompany you to the house where it is at for you to "confront" the potential thief. But, I have never heard of a local police department that would go without you (could be wrong).

If you feel like making a trip to the city where it is and setting up something with the local police you could probably get it back (but it would probably cost more time and money than it is worth)....
DRich
DRich
  • Threads: 75
Thanks for this post from:
RogerKint
December 27th, 2020 at 4:05:49 PM permalink
I would like to think that I would go in vigilante mode and case the house. Maybe start making things of theirs disappear.
Living longer does not always infer +EV

• Jump to: