Thread Rating:

darkoz
darkoz
  • Threads: 266
September 4th, 2020 at 2:36:43 PM permalink
Quote: SOOPOO

Sounds like you were complaining mostly about the interest at first. If you paid in full, and they ignored your payment in full, then accept my apologies.

My point is that if you ever had a dealer hit you when you said stand, and you received no satisfaction from the pit boss, did you decide BJ is no good? I am telling you, for a guy who makes as much as you do, and presumably spends a lot, PROPER use of credit cards is a NO BRAINER. Free stuff!

I appreciate the advice.

For me it's like trying to convince a survivor of a jet airline crash why it's better to fly.

It certainly is better to fly. Quicker and even cheaper. But don't be upset when that person still insists on taking the train
For Whom the bus tolls; The bus tolls for thee
SOOPOO
SOOPOO
  • Threads: 113
September 4th, 2020 at 2:44:48 PM permalink
Quote: darkoz

I appreciate the advice.

For me it's like trying to convince a survivor of a jet airline crash why it's better to fly.

It certainly is better to fly. Quicker and even cheaper. But don't be upset when that person still insists on taking the train

I guess I'm too logical. I have a colleague who refuses to fly. He now has a son who lives in LA, we are in Buffalo, and he took a train to spend a few days with him, and a train back. Just doesn't want to ever fly again; not sure if there was an exact precipitating event. I don't love flying, but I'm not driving 30 hours to Vegas when I can be a tad uncomfortable for 4 on Southwest. You know it is FAR safer to fly to Vegas than drive 30 hours to get there.

Frankly, darkoz, I think if you started APing Credit Cards you would become GREAT at it, and do far better than I do.

The best Credit Card AP I know is my ex-wife. She will get a card, get the super bonus after 30 or 90 days, then cancel and get a new one.
Mission146
Mission146
  • Threads: 133
September 4th, 2020 at 2:57:32 PM permalink
Quote: SOOPOO

I guess I'm too logical. I have a colleague who refuses to fly. He now has a son who lives in LA, we are in Buffalo, and he took a train to spend a few days with him, and a train back. Just doesn't want to ever fly again; not sure if there was an exact precipitating event. I don't love flying, but I'm not driving 30 hours to Vegas when I can be a tad uncomfortable for 4 on Southwest. You know it is FAR safer to fly to Vegas than drive 30 hours to get there.

Frankly, darkoz, I think if you started APing Credit Cards you would become GREAT at it, and do far better than I do.

The best Credit Card AP I know is my ex-wife. She will get a card, get the super bonus after 30 or 90 days, then cancel and get a new one.

I like my doctors logical, especially when the primary focus of their medicine involves being good at math, as your case.

We're all different, but I agree on the credit card game...though sometimes people are tempted by the Buy Now, Pay Later, component and get underwater, even if they technically know how to use them for maximum benefit.
https://wizardofvegas.com/forum/off-topic/gripes/11182-pet-peeves/120/#post815219
Gandler
Gandler
  • Threads: 32
September 4th, 2020 at 4:46:06 PM permalink
What was the major credit card company or bank that did this to you?
You might as well throw them under the bus as it does not sound like you care about keeping good terms with them.
That sounds like a massive screwup or an intentional scam, either way should be avoided.
darkoz
darkoz
September 4th, 2020 at 5:08:33 PM permalink
Quote: Gandler

What was the major credit card company or bank that did this to you?
You might as well throw them under the bus as it does not sound like you care about keeping good terms with them.
That sounds like a massive screwup or an intentional scam, either way should be avoided.

I want to say emphatically that it was TDBank but after 25 years and I had six or 8 cards at the same time, I don't think I can say for sure

It definitely was not Chase, Bank of America or Discover. It's funny I had those and know for a fact it wasn't them as if I blocked out the bad cards and kept the good (or at least the good in comparison)
Gandler
Gandler
  • Threads: 32
September 4th, 2020 at 5:29:45 PM permalink

I want to say emphatically that it was TDBank but after 25 years and I had six or 8 cards at the same time, I don't think I can say for sure

It definitely was not Chase, Bank of America or Discover. It's funny I had those and know for a fact it wasn't them as if I blocked out the bad cards and kept the good (or at least the good in comparison)

Well I am sorry eithet way, that sounds like a rough expierence.
darkoz
darkoz
September 4th, 2020 at 5:42:15 PM permalink
Quote: Gandler

Well I am sorry eithet way, that sounds like a rough expierence.

Thanks
AlanMendelson
AlanMendelson
  • Threads: 130
September 4th, 2020 at 6:18:08 PM permalink

They informed me they could not simply credit my account. The funds had to come from somewhere. I would have to wait until they got restitution from the person whose account was credited.

What?
Johnzimbo
Johnzimbo
  • Threads: 4
Thanks for this post from:
RogerKint
September 4th, 2020 at 7:11:59 PM permalink
I have had bad experiences at Circus Circus too :)

I think I might have torched their headquarters in frustration. I feel your pain
jjjoooggg
jjjoooggg
  • Threads: 34
September 4th, 2020 at 10:34:59 PM permalink

Wonderful for you.

Since you didn't read the entire post there isn't much more to discuss as it explains my feeling towards CC

a woman in class had the same problem with credit cards. The solution was to cut them up. Its different when you use cash psychologically.
Born in Texas and lived in Texas my whole life.

• Jump to: