billryan
billryan
  • Threads: 240
July 21st, 2017 at 2:58:50 PM permalink
I apologize if this is well known, but I just figured it out. Kind of like the weekend I invented the Martingale.
Anyways.....
Last week I signed in to an energy shake/weight loss drink someone recommended. I looked but was $70 a month plus shipping.I thought about it but didn't buy. As I went to leave a box came on saying open it for a special promotion. When I did it offered me three months for the price of two. I passed and the next day got an email offering me a two month supply and two shaker cups for $99 shipped. Saved $60 by not jumping on the website price.
Last night I was shopping for a pressure cooker. Decided which model and it was $89 Amazon, $99 on the cookers website, plus $29 S&H.
Didn't buy either, today I got a email from the company, $72 shipped.
The difference between fiction and reality is that fiction is supposed to make sense.
gamerfreak
gamerfreak
  • Threads: 57
July 21st, 2017 at 3:05:20 PM permalink
There's probably a list out there somewhere of companies that use these types of sales strategies. These people will usually haggle with you if you call them up too. Sirrius-XM will cut the price at least by half if you just call them and ask.

I also put my email in the website for the Simpli Safe security system that's advertised everywhere. I didn't buy anything, but they sent me increasingly large coupons by email on a scheduled basis.
vegas
vegas
  • Threads: 30
July 21st, 2017 at 4:12:46 PM permalink
Billy
Do you still take mealenders? If so does it really work?
50-50-90 Rule: Anytime you have a 50-50 chance of getting something right, there is a 90% probability you'll get it wrong
GWAE
GWAE
  • Threads: 93
July 21st, 2017 at 5:38:57 PM permalink
Quote: billryan

I apologize if this is well known, but I just figured it out. Kind of like the weekend I invented the Martingale.
Anyways.....
Last week I signed in to an energy shake/weight loss drink someone recommended. I looked but was $70 a month plus shipping.I thought about it but didn't buy. As I went to leave a box came on saying open it for a special promotion. When I did it offered me three months for the price of two. I passed and the next day got an email offering me a two month supply and two shaker cups for $99 shipped. Saved $60 by not jumping on the website price.
Last night I was shopping for a pressure cooker. Decided which model and it was $89 Amazon, $99 on the cookers website, plus $29 S&H.
Didn't buy either, today I got a email from the company, $72 shipped.

Haha I remember the weekend that I invented the martingale.
Expect the worst and you will never be disappointed. I AM NOT PART OF GWAE RADIO SHOW
onenickelmiracle
onenickelmiracle
  • Threads: 212
July 21st, 2017 at 7:04:03 PM permalink
Quote: GWAE

Haha I remember the weekend that I invented the martingale.

me too, it's immortalized on the internet from when I was 15-16 posting it online. I knew it failed because of bankroll depletion, but thought otherwise it would be impossible to lose a coin flip for an eternity.

Pressure cookers are great tools, but they don't really work so good after a few years. Mine is a pressure cooker xl. Got it Christmas 2015, as time goes by it takes longer and longer for the pressure to build up. Must have taken 15-30 minutes for it to finally start pressure cooking. Id say I don't use it daily or weekly, probably averaged using it every two weeks. Use it less and less as time goes on, because this pressure seal waiting gets worse and worse. If you would use it every day, it's probably useless in six months or less my guess.
I am a robot.
billryan
billryan
  • Threads: 240
July 21st, 2017 at 7:25:35 PM permalink
That's what I bought, the small version as I generally cook for myself. The company claims they have solved the pressure valve problem and the CC I bought it with doubles the warranty so if it last a year or so and I'll be happy with it, looking forward to one pot baked ziti and lasagna. Its a pain in the ass cleaning up after making them. The homemade bread looks pretty good, as well.
I don't imagine I'll use it more than every few days.

As far as Mealenders goes. I don't use them all the time but several days a week I'll be getting hunger pangs while watching tv and one of them and a glass of ice water usually ends them. I plan on reordering them when I get low. The cinnamon apple are the shitz.
The difference between fiction and reality is that fiction is supposed to make sense.
  • Jump to: