Zcore13
Zcore13
Joined: Nov 30, 2009
  • Threads: 30
  • Posts: 2527
July 14th, 2017 at 6:23:34 PM permalink
Quote: UCivan

You could Google "Robert Saucier + California Gaming" and "Washington State". He had some strange deals in Washington (owned a casino and got burned..)



Multiple casinos, including Arizona where I am, licensed Galaxy Gaming after California denied them a licence.


ZCore13
I am an employee of a Casino. All the personal opinions I post are my own and do not represent the opinions of the Casino or Tribe that I work for.
Boz
Boz
Joined: Sep 22, 2011
  • Threads: 138
  • Posts: 3606
July 14th, 2017 at 6:36:47 PM permalink
But it all comes down to Nevada, if you can't get licensed there, you have problems.

Unless of course if you are Steve Wynn in New Jersey.
beachbumbabs
Administrator
beachbumbabs
Joined: May 21, 2013
  • Threads: 77
  • Posts: 9111
July 14th, 2017 at 7:08:40 PM permalink
So what happens to all the placements they have in Nevada? They must have a couple hundred. Do they all get pulled?
"If the house lost every hand, they wouldn't deal the game."
SM777
SM777
Joined: Apr 8, 2016
  • Threads: 0
  • Posts: 205
July 14th, 2017 at 9:50:51 PM permalink
Galaxy was obviously trying to add something to their portfolio to begin this process. If there weren't trying to add a shuffler or electronic table, or something, they would not have applied for this license to begin with. They would have kept going as they were. Big hit to Galaxy, and will have other jurisdictions rethinking their license of Galaxy.

California does not equal Nevada.
Zcore13
Zcore13
Joined: Nov 30, 2009
  • Threads: 30
  • Posts: 2527
July 15th, 2017 at 10:52:39 AM permalink
Quote: SM777

Galaxy was obviously trying to add something to their portfolio to begin this process. If there weren't trying to add a shuffler or electronic table, or something, they would not have applied for this license to begin with. They would have kept going as they were. Big hit to Galaxy, and will have other jurisdictions rethinking their license of Galaxy.

California does not equal Nevada.



I doubt one other State will respond with anything based on this denial/withdrawal.


ZCore13
I am an employee of a Casino. All the personal opinions I post are my own and do not represent the opinions of the Casino or Tribe that I work for.
UCivan
UCivan
Joined: Sep 3, 2011
  • Threads: 70
  • Posts: 729
July 15th, 2017 at 4:48:48 PM permalink
May be there is justice in Nevada Gaming Board under the new leadership.

Galaxy has the former Control Board chairman and state Sen. Mark Lipparelli as a financial consultant, and then the current Board members plan to reject their application. Politics is not as usual and Mark Lipparelli is losing it...
DRich
DRich
Joined: Jul 6, 2012
  • Threads: 63
  • Posts: 3257
July 16th, 2017 at 9:37:15 AM permalink
Quote: UCivan

May be there is justice in Nevada Gaming Board under the new leadership.

Galaxy has the former Control Board chairman and state Sen. Mark Lipparelli as a financial consultant, and then the current Board members plan to reject their application. Politics is not as usual and Mark Lipparelli is losing it...



Mark Lipparelli is also a former Chairman of the Gaming Board.
Ibeatyouraces
Ibeatyouraces
Joined: Jan 12, 2010
  • Threads: 63
  • Posts: 10868
July 16th, 2017 at 11:27:04 AM permalink
Gaming boards are just as corrupt as any other government entity.
"And that's the bottom lineeeee, cuz Stone Cold said so!"
Paradigm
Paradigm
Joined: Feb 24, 2011
  • Threads: 40
  • Posts: 2038
July 16th, 2017 at 11:28:12 PM permalink
I believe this was an application for a Manufacturing License in NV iirc from previous earnings conference calls...I don't believe you need an NGCB license to distribute live table game content.
Attempting to add value one post at a time
SM777
SM777
Joined: Apr 8, 2016
  • Threads: 0
  • Posts: 205
July 17th, 2017 at 6:54:46 AM permalink
Quote: Paradigm

I believe this was an application for a Manufacturing License in NV iirc from previous earnings conference calls...I don't believe you need an NGCB license to distribute live table game content.



That's correct. They were definitely trying to add something to their portfolio, otherwise this would have never happened.

  • Jump to: