1 vote (2.04%)
1 vote (2.04%)
4 votes (8.16%)

49 members have voted

RonC
RonC
  • Threads: 40
September 21st, 2016 at 6:03:41 AM permalink
I agree with the OP that a couple of people are bringing down the GPA of the board, but I will bet that his idea of who is bringing it down is not the same as mine.

At this point, I think that Clinton will win but it may be very close. I don't know how any of us can be very accurate, though, because there is a lot of time left and a lot of things left to be said. This thread is not much better than any other poll, in spite of the brilliance of some of the folks here.

Tossing out the "reality" of all the things said about Trump and his potential voters (that is, suspending the conversation about it; just taking them as things being said), how many people would really want to face an angry mob of people attacking you personally for wanting to vote for that person? Why would they answer questions from anyone, including a pollster, in a way that might lead people to attack them? They only have to give their real answer once.

(I know one person will likely try to twist the statement above into something that it is not; the point is that both major candidates face a lot of hate from the other side...who really wants to be involved in that in real life situations? Just say my vote is my vote and run along...)
SOOPOO
SOOPOO
  • Threads: 112
September 21st, 2016 at 11:03:03 AM permalink
I believe Trump is likely to make some faux pas that even he cannot escape from. I am standing by my Hillary in a landslide prediction. The only chance I see for Trump is if Hillary has a clearly visible medical problem. That means one that is noticeable by ams and JS, not just EvenBob.
billryan
billryan
  • Threads: 192
September 21st, 2016 at 11:06:54 AM permalink
Clinton with about 310 Electoral Votes.
MathExtremist
MathExtremist
  • Threads: 88
September 21st, 2016 at 12:06:21 PM permalink
Quote: RS

Trump, landslide.

/thread

Define landslide and I'm probably willing to fade you.
"In my own case, when it seemed to me after a long illness that death was close at hand, I found no little solace in playing constantly at dice." -- Girolamo Cardano, 1563
ams288
ams288
  • Threads: 22
September 21st, 2016 at 12:10:12 PM permalink
Quote: SOOPOO

The only chance I see for Trump is if Hillary has a clearly visible medical problem. That means one that is noticeable by ams and JS, not just EvenBob.

Well, the video of her collapsing into the van on 9/11 was noticeable by me, FYI.

I take them at their word that it was due to pneumonia. EB...... doesn't.
Ding Dong the Witch is Dead
beerseason
beerseason
  • Threads: 4
September 21st, 2016 at 12:13:26 PM permalink
My own predictive model. If the race was held today:

Clinton/Kaine- 45.96%
Trump Pence- 43.23%
Johnson/Weld 7.94%
Stein/Baraka- 2.87%

Clinton/Kaine- 287 Electoral Votes
Trump/Pence- 251 Electoral Votes

Another trend I think is possible we will be down in voter turnout for second straight presidential election.
Ayecarumba
Ayecarumba
  • Threads: 236
September 21st, 2016 at 1:45:05 PM permalink
Quote: beerseason

Another trend I think is possible we will be down in voter turnout for second straight presidential election.

I'm thinking the turnout will actually be higher than last year. The Trump supporters are energized, and demonstrated their numbers in record primary turn outs. I think they will also show up in November. Clinton's campaign has the novelty of electing the first female President. I think this adds interest from young females who would not have turned out if it was two old white guys going at it.
Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication - Leonardo da Vinci
bigfoot66
bigfoot66
  • Threads: 54
September 21st, 2016 at 1:55:53 PM permalink
Quote: Wizard

My betting window is open.

What's the moneyline on Trump? I already booked some action here at +250....
Vote for Nobody 2020!
Ayecarumba
Ayecarumba
  • Threads: 236
September 21st, 2016 at 2:10:55 PM permalink
Quote: bigfoot66

What's the moneyline on Trump? I already booked some action here at +250....

Speaking of which... I will offer you a one time 20% discount to settle our wager by September 25. If you send me $80 by 9/25/16 we can consider it settled, otherwise it's the full $100 in January.

Of course, it could be $250 to you in January, but that hope appears to be fading...
Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication - Leonardo da Vinci
Joeshlabotnik
Joeshlabotnik
  • Threads: 20
September 21st, 2016 at 2:26:30 PM permalink
Quote: SOOPOO

I believe Trump is likely to make some faux pas that even he cannot escape from. I am standing by my Hillary in a landslide prediction. The only chance I see for Trump is if Hillary has a clearly visible medical problem. That means one that is noticeable by ams and JS, not just EvenBob.

Is there actually such a faux pas that he could commit? Calling women "ignorant, slutty bitches"? Saying that Europeans, Africans, and Asians are inferior and should all be sterilized? Saying that his company invented the Internet? Disemboweling a live puppy onstage?

There have already been ten times as many faux pas (plural?) as should be necessary to make all but the most deplorable deplorables run away from Trump, retching. Imagine if Hillary had done or said any of those things--she'd be crucified in the press. Which makes me wonder about the whole process. I'm increasingly suspicious that the press is manipulating the coverage of this campaign so as to either make the race appear closer than it is or influence it directly, in order to boost ratings. I mean, Trump, for example, admits a lie about the birther crap, retracts it, then states another lie about it. Is this paid any real attention? No. Instead, we have five hundred and seventeen more articles about Hillary's EMAILS EMAILS EMAILS. I mean, Jesus! And it's disgusting that Trump gets all the attention he does simply because he's (supposedly) entertaining. We should be hearing MUCH more about Clinton's detailed plans on pressing issues. Instead, all we get is repeated video clips of an evil buffoon blathering about building a wall.

• Jump to: