charliepatrick
charliepatrick
Joined: Jun 17, 2011
  • Threads: 34
  • Posts: 2424
July 6th, 2015 at 9:49:38 AM permalink
The news here has been discussing that on one hand if they let Greece leave the Euro they'll never get any money back, or whether the major Euro players should inject cash to support the banks and hope to get something back. Surely at some stage you have to say enough is enough, and that will be the decisions the politicians will be making this week - luckily there isn't an obvious election coming up so these should be logical rather than a short term measure to win votes. All I can say is I'm glad the UK isn't in the Euro.
NYSith
NYSith
Joined: May 2, 2015
  • Threads: 0
  • Posts: 70
July 6th, 2015 at 10:32:43 AM permalink
Quote: FleaStiff

When will Puerto Rico declare bankruptcy?



I went and looked that up, they owe $73 Billion. The article painted a bleak outlook for Puerto Rico.
TwoFeathersATL
TwoFeathersATL
Joined: May 22, 2013
  • Threads: 37
  • Posts: 3616
July 6th, 2015 at 10:35:40 AM permalink
Quote: charliepatrick

The news here has been discussing that on one hand if they let Greece leave the Euro they'll never get any money back, or whether the major Euro players should inject cash to support the banks and hope to get something back. Surely at some stage you have to say enough is enough, and that will be the decisions the politicians will be making this week - luckily there isn't an obvious election coming up so these should be logical rather than a short term measure to win votes. All I can say is I'm glad the UK isn't in the Euro.


See, you've been watching the news. Do you trust the news?
Did you watch any of the 'huge amount' of other voices, and video?
You should know the 'news' exists to get you to watch the commercials..
Just saying.....
Youuuuuu MIGHT be a 'rascal' if.......(nevermind ;-)...2F
odiousgambit
odiousgambit
Joined: Nov 9, 2009
  • Threads: 310
  • Posts: 8603
July 6th, 2015 at 10:49:39 AM permalink
Quote: TwoFeathersATL

I was watching a video clip from Greece, I definately saw a 'stars and bars' confederate battle flag in the crowds



just to clarify, I doubt that you mean the stars and bars, which was the Conf. National flag - similar to the stars and stripes

to generically refer to the battle flag design, you would say the St. Andrews cross, or 'the saltire' pronounced salt-teer
the next time Dame Fortune toys with your heart, your soul and your wallet, raise your glass and praise her thus: “Thanks for nothing, you cold-hearted, evil, damnable, nefarious, low-life, malicious monster from Hell!” She is, after all, stone deaf. ... Arnold Snyder
HowMany
HowMany
Joined: Mar 22, 2013
  • Threads: 13
  • Posts: 482
July 6th, 2015 at 11:25:09 AM permalink
Quote: bobsims

Forty straight years of progressive fairy-tale economics. As Thatcher said "eventually you run out of other people's money". Don't worry though it won't happen here. Our trillion dollar deficits are completely sustainable and conducive to a healthy economy.



+1
TwoFeathersATL
TwoFeathersATL
Joined: May 22, 2013
  • Threads: 37
  • Posts: 3616
July 6th, 2015 at 11:25:45 AM permalink
Quote: odiousgambit

just to clarify, I doubt that you mean the stars and bars, which was the Conf. National flag - similar to the stars and stripes

to generically refer to the battle flag design, you would say the St. Andrews cross, or 'the saltire' pronounced salt-teer


I do know the Confederate Flag that I'm talking about.
I grew up with it.
If I didn't get the terninaligy exactly correct, I apologize to everyone that read my post, even you.
'You' knew the flag I referred to, and 'you' still do...
Youuuuuu MIGHT be a 'rascal' if.......(nevermind ;-)...2F
odiousgambit
odiousgambit
Joined: Nov 9, 2009
  • Threads: 310
  • Posts: 8603
July 6th, 2015 at 11:42:01 AM permalink
Quote: TwoFeathersATL

I do know the Confederate Flag that I'm talking about.
I grew up with it.
If I didn't get the terninaligy exactly correct, I apologize to everyone that read my post, even you.
'You' knew the flag I referred to, and 'you' still do...



I don't know if we should try to out-do each other with our Reb credentials, but I do know people misuse the term "stars and bars" which I assume you did as well. This does not help your bonafides, sir, but if you are somehow to be given pardon for such misuse of terms I bow to your charitable associates and you may have the last word on the matter.
the next time Dame Fortune toys with your heart, your soul and your wallet, raise your glass and praise her thus: “Thanks for nothing, you cold-hearted, evil, damnable, nefarious, low-life, malicious monster from Hell!” She is, after all, stone deaf. ... Arnold Snyder
charliepatrick
charliepatrick
Joined: Jun 17, 2011
  • Threads: 34
  • Posts: 2424
July 6th, 2015 at 3:51:06 PM permalink
Quote: TwoFeathersATL

See, you've been watching the news. Do you trust the news?
Did you watch any of the 'huge amount' of other voices, and video?
You should know the 'news' exists to get you to watch the commercials..
Just saying.....

I don't know how it works in the US but we have a range of newspapers who range from biassed to the left to biassed to the right - so in theory you could gauge the news (or know which bias your paper has). There are also numerous TV channels but we only have a few that do the news - you have News At One, News At Ten, as well as the BBC 24-hour news channel. Some of the respected reporters aren't biassed, so you can sometimes find a fair view. I guess it's the same with NBC, ABC etc. but I wouldn't know. btw BBC has no adverts, though ITV, Ch4, Ch5 do.
djatc
djatc
Joined: Jan 15, 2013
  • Threads: 83
  • Posts: 4477
July 6th, 2015 at 4:15:16 PM permalink
Socialism sounds great. It's like going to a party where the rich kid supplies everything and I just have to bring myself. When this party ends, I will find another party down the block with another rich kid. Rinse and repeat.
"Man Babes" #AxelFabulous
RogerKint
RogerKint
Joined: Dec 5, 2011
  • Threads: 15
  • Posts: 1909
July 6th, 2015 at 4:39:07 PM permalink
Quote: djatc

Socialism sounds great. It's like going to a party where the rich kid supplies everything and I just have to bring myself. When this party ends, I will find another party down the block with another rich kid. Rinse and repeat.



I wannabe that rich kid, tho!!!
100% risk of ruin

  • Jump to: