Dodsferd
Dodsferd
  • Threads: 1
July 2nd, 2015 at 9:05:03 PM permalink
Quote: ahiromu

I remember muffling the modem screeches so it wouldn't wake up my parents as I logged onto Starcraft.

Warcraft: Orcs and Humans was one of the first PC games I remember playing. Been a Blizzard fan ever since. I recall playing WC2, WC3, Diablo, SC2, and everything forward online at one point or another.
This feeling is heavy, makes my body ache and I'm ready; To fall into the sky and I see now, the reason why. My heart is heavy, takes me to a place I can't breathe. Only then I know why I see the warning sign.
djatc
djatc
  • Threads: 83
July 3rd, 2015 at 12:28:11 AM permalink
I had more aol 30 day free trial cds then actual audio cds growing up.
"Man Babes" #AxelFabulous
10DollarBri
10DollarBri
  • Threads: 2
July 3rd, 2015 at 7:30:42 AM permalink
Quote: DRich

Oh my!! You must be young. I remember paying $800 for my first hard drive. A whopping 5mb.

BTW, I still have an AOL email account and check it daily.

Well maybe I misspoke. I guess my very first "computer" was a Commodore VIC 20. It had 5K RAM and cassette tape storage. I even bought a modem for it and you could connect to Compuserve and read really fast because it was long distance and they charged by the minute:) This was way before the World wide web.

I missed out on the whole "DOS" experience. So my first Windows computer was the Packard Bell. I still have it btw. I ought to try to boot it up.
I know nothing!
Joeman
Joeman
  • Threads: 35
July 6th, 2015 at 6:15:23 AM permalink
Quote: 10DollarBri

Well maybe I misspoke. I guess my very first "computer" was a Commodore VIC 20. It had 5K RAM and cassette tape storage. I even bought a modem for it and you could connect to Compuserve and read really fast because it was long distance and they charged by the minute:) This was way before the World wide web.

I missed out on the whole "DOS" experience. So my first Windows computer was the Packard Bell. I still have it btw. I ought to try to boot it up.

Heh, my first computer was a Packard Bell, too. It was not the first one I used -- my family had 2 growing up -- I got it right before heading off to college. It was supposed to have an 80 Meg hard drive, but evidently they either made a mistake or were out of the 80's when they assembled it, because when I fired it up the first time, I saw it had a 120 Meg capacity!! Bonus!!

Incidentally, the motherboard went bad on this computer while it was still under warranty. The repair guy came to my dorm room and fixed it the day after I called -- no charge! When was the last time you heard of next-day, on-site service with a basic manufacturer's warranty on a computer?

He also fixed the start switch, which was intermittently not working, with part of a Frosted Flakes box-top!
"Dealer has 'rock'... Pay 'paper!'"

• Jump to: