s2dbaker
s2dbaker
  • Threads: 51
March 20th, 2014 at 12:29:26 PM permalink
Quote: rdw4potus

Anybody want to go protest at his funeral?

No, he should not be acknowledged. It's what he would have wanted.
Someday, joor goin' to see the name of Googie Gomez in lights and joor goin' to say to joorself, "Was that her?" and then joor goin' to answer to joorself, "That was her!" But you know somethin' mister? I was always her yuss nobody knows it! - Googie Gomez
thecesspit
thecesspit
  • Threads: 53
March 20th, 2014 at 12:41:52 PM permalink
Quote: s2dbaker

No, he should not be acknowledged. It's what he would have wanted.

Exactly. Protesting at his funeral is -exactly- the wrong thing to do.
"Then you can admire the real gambler, who has neither eaten, slept, thought nor lived, he has so smarted under the scourge of his martingale, so suffered on the rack of his desire for a coup at trente-et-quarante" - Honore de Balzac, 1829
Nareed
Nareed
  • Threads: 373
March 20th, 2014 at 1:21:55 PM permalink
I think this is an appropriate thing to say: good riddance to bad rubish.
Donald Trump is a fucking criminal
treetopbuddy
treetopbuddy
  • Threads: 34
March 20th, 2014 at 1:49:31 PM permalink
It's ironic that the dude died from complications due to AIDS. Apparently he was smoking huge blunts on his death bed.
Each day is better than the next
djatc
djatc
  • Threads: 83
March 21st, 2014 at 2:44:44 AM permalink
Next vacay I'm flying to his grave so I can pee on it.
"Man Babes" #AxelFabulous
Beethoven9th
Beethoven9th
  • Threads: 75
March 21st, 2014 at 3:08:30 AM permalink
Quote: thecesspit

Exactly. Protesting at his funeral is -exactly- the wrong thing to do.

+1

I agree with everyone else about this guy, but I saw a comment (on another site) where a guy compared him to Hitler and Stalin. Please. In the big picture, this guy's an insignificant nobody.
Fighting BS one post at a time!
RS
RS
  • Threads: 62
March 21st, 2014 at 4:41:14 AM permalink
Despite the bad things he did when he was alive, he was still a human being. No one deserves to have their grave peed on, their funeral picketed, "hell being too good", or a painful death. You can't hate someone for picketing funerals then turning around and doing the same thing (or anything similar like that), because you become no better than the person you hate. It's a sad day anyone dies. No one's perfect.
beachbumbabs
Administrator
beachbumbabs
  • Threads: 99
March 21st, 2014 at 4:50:10 AM permalink
Quote: RS

Despite the bad things he did when he was alive, he was still a human being. No one deserves to have their grave peed on, their funeral picketed, "hell being too good", or a painful death. You can't hate someone for picketing funerals then turning around and doing the same thing (or anything similar like that), because you become no better than the person you hate. It's a sad day anyone dies. No one's perfect.

Sorry, RS, I have to disagree. He willfully and knowingly perpetrated hate in the midst of sorrow for decades, and led others to do the same. If people do picket the funeral (and I think there will be a massive turn-out), I hope they do it with signs like "God is Love", not "burn in Hell"; it's a teachable moment that needs to happen in full view of the cameras. Live by the sword, die by the sword.
If the House lost every hand, they wouldn't deal the game.
chickenman
chickenman
  • Threads: 3
March 21st, 2014 at 5:39:25 AM permalink
Quote: beachbumbabs

If people do picket the funeral (and I think there will be a massive turn-out)

He gets the last laugh here, so to speak, because his daughter announced there will be no funeral because Westboro "doesn't worship the dead."
beachbumbabs
Administrator
beachbumbabs
  • Threads: 99
March 21st, 2014 at 5:57:08 AM permalink
So the lies continue. I'm sure they were intimidated by the groundswell of public sentiment calling for a protest turnout.
If the House lost every hand, they wouldn't deal the game.

• Jump to: