GWAE
GWAE
Joined: Sep 20, 2013
  • Threads: 93
  • Posts: 9854
November 19th, 2013 at 6:00:50 PM permalink
Quote: tringlomane

Yep. And alcohol sales at Bills games end at the end of halftime.

Glad the idiot got banned for life. Probably some type of endangerment charge is warranted too.



cbs sports also says the guy has been fired from his job.
Expect the worst and you will never be disappointed. I AM NOT PART OF GWAE RADIO SHOW
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
Joined: Nov 2, 2009
  • Threads: 231
  • Posts: 12762
November 19th, 2013 at 6:21:46 PM permalink
Quote: tringlomane

Yep. And alcohol sales at Bills games end at the end of halftime.



Yes, I almost forgot how Bills fans behave. When I lived in WNY things got really bad, low point was a couple going at it in the stands, even players were looking at it. Part of the problem was the attendance was so low that with all the open seats they were able to do it, probably so loaded they thought they were in Denver and joining the Mile High Club.

I was there with friends and I had to go with by buddy's wife while she smoked. Saw NO LINE at the beer concession at the start of halftime, could not believe my luck. She was on such a nicotine fit I nearly had to drag her to the line, after which I had to explain the beer sale system there that the concession closes even if you are in line at end of half time, two beers per person, and it I came back with no beers I would be forced to walk back to Clarence after the game.

Strangely, never once saw a fight between Steeler and Bills fans, in fact every Steeler fan was with a Bills fan, almost as if you needed one to vouch for you to get inside the stadium.
All animals are equal, but some are more equal than others
rxwine
rxwine
Joined: Feb 28, 2010
  • Threads: 179
  • Posts: 10637
November 25th, 2013 at 1:27:15 AM permalink
Quote:

woman jumped from the third level deck of the Oakland Raiders' home stadium on Sunday, injuring herself and a man who pleaded with her not to jump and tried to catch her, authorities said.

The woman, who was not identified, plunged about 45 feet shortly after the Raiders lost 23-19 to the Tennessee Titans in the final seconds of the game, O.co Coliseum officials said in a statement.

A good Samaritan who tried to break her fall was injured in the process, the statement said.



http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports/nfl/raiders/2013/11/24/oakland-raiders-fan-falls-oco-coliseum/3694807/

I have to admit, I'd think twice before trying to catch a full grown person falling 45 feet. I know people have caught babies or small children from windows a couple floors up. Maybe the guy had a couple beers in him, and thought he could do it.
The Hall of Unverified Claims is a vast place with many shelves.
Boz
Boz
Joined: Sep 22, 2011
  • Threads: 155
  • Posts: 5701
November 25th, 2013 at 6:29:06 AM permalink
Quote: AZDuffman

Yes, I almost forgot how Bills fans behave. When I lived in WNY things got really bad, low point was a couple going at it in the stands, even players were looking at it. Part of the problem was the attendance was so low that with all the open seats they were able to do it, probably so loaded they thought they were in Denver and joining the Mile High Club.

I was there with friends and I had to go with by buddy's wife while she smoked. Saw NO LINE at the beer concession at the start of halftime, could not believe my luck. She was on such a nicotine fit I nearly had to drag her to the line, after which I had to explain the beer sale system there that the concession closes even if you are in line at end of half time, two beers per person, and it I came back with no beers I would be forced to walk back to Clarence after the game.

Strangely, never once saw a fight between Steeler and Bills fans, in fact every Steeler fan was with a Bills fan, almost as if you needed one to vouch for you to get inside the stadium.



As a former Bills Season Ticket holder and long time fan, I don't see anything different in Buffalo than I do at road games I have went to. I was shoved down steps in Pittsburg for wearing a Bills Jersey and spit on in Tampa. It happens everywhere when people get drunk. No excuses, but singling out Buffalo is just wrong.

But one of the worst things I observed was a drunk turning around and pissing right into the empty seats behind him. Buy hey, it happens everywhere, right?
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
Joined: Nov 2, 2009
  • Threads: 231
  • Posts: 12762
November 25th, 2013 at 8:31:07 AM permalink
Quote: Boz

As a former Bills Season Ticket holder and long time fan, I don't see anything different in Buffalo than I do at road games I have went to. I was shoved down steps in Pittsburg for wearing a Bills Jersey and spit on in Tampa. It happens everywhere when people get drunk. No excuses, but singling out Buffalo is just wrong.

But one of the worst things I observed was a drunk turning around and pissing right into the empty seats behind him. Buy hey, it happens everywhere, right?



I have only been to about 5-10 NFL games, most at Rich/Bills/Wilson Stadium. I think what happened was a viscous circle. With such a big stadium season ticket base is lower, in fact during the late 1990s/early 2000s the Bills had by far the lowest season ticket base. Single game attendees behave worse than season ticket holders. As behavior got bad, fewer people wanted to come. With a bad team the fans misbehave more. About 199/2000 Ralph Wilson realized he had a major problem and it was getting worse. I still remember a game after the crackdown started, security in very bright yellow-green outfits. Management wanted the feel of security. Still was some misbehavior but they were reeling it in.
All animals are equal, but some are more equal than others

  • Jump to: