17 votes (22.66%)
41 votes (54.66%)

75 members have voted

YesThereReal
YesThereReal
  • Threads: 3
July 1st, 2013 at 5:06:17 PM permalink
Quote: SanchoPanza

A major factor is that we have a judiciary that is increasingly intent on legislating. Possibly because the Congress has so many logjams. For example, Congress specifically refused to do anything remotely involved with Obamacare as a tax. Yet that is the sole reason the High Court could put forth to approve the Affordable Care Act.

The court has a similar problem with same-sex marriage. The court rested its decision mainly on the idea that the reason states do not recognize same-sex marriages is because that policy is evidence of an animus toward homosexuals. Well, the states, whose powers over policies like marriage are crystal clear under the Constitution, can still not recognize same-sex marriages. The court is saying those states are discriminating against homosexuals.

By all standards of logical reasoning and equal application of the law, there are few exceptions that could be applied. Judges, as in the British Columbia polygamy case previously cited, are reduced to declaring that the ends justify the means. That is a scary echo to many people, who would most likely prefer it reserved for times of war, catastrophes and similar emergencies.

lol can u say that again in simple english???
tringlomane
tringlomane
  • Threads: 8
July 1st, 2013 at 5:14:37 PM permalink
Quote: MonkeyMonkey

- All sex toys are banned. (GEORGIA)

To add to the "stupid law" discussion: This is not really enforced. Basically sex toys (vibrators, etc.) just have a sticker saying "for novelty use only" and can be bought at adult "novelty stores" in Georgia; their selection was comparable to Missouri, which doesn't have a dumb law like this. Not shocked about Georgia having this rule, they just started allowing Sunday sales of alcohol in stores after I moved away. I guess if a cop caught you using a toy for sexual gain in your home, I guess it would be illegal.

Also if the "erection in public" law was generally enforced, we would then have too many 13-year olds in jail. Also, that's Indiana, no Sunday sales of alcohol in stores. Seeing a connection?
DeMango
DeMango 
  • Threads: 36
July 1st, 2013 at 5:16:38 PM permalink
Quote: Wizard

Management encourages posts on such topics to be placed in DT, for future reference.

Kinda makes you wish for the good old days, with dice controllers ruling the bandwidth instead of the shrill bigotry of the rainbow crowd!!
When a rock is thrown into a pack of dogs, the one that yells the loudest is the one who got hit.
rxwine
rxwine
  • Threads: 175
July 1st, 2013 at 5:42:25 PM permalink
Quote: DeMango

Kinda makes you wish for the good old days, with dice controllers ruling the bandwidth instead of the shrill bigotry of the rainbow crowd!!

More threads that can't be related to gambling or at least maybe to Vegas should be over on DT. But if you're going to complain about threads you don't like I'm going to complain about users who can't be bothered to block threads and users.

I have all dice control threads blocked.
The Hall of Unverified Claims is a vast place with many shelves.
24Bingo
24Bingo
  • Threads: 23
July 1st, 2013 at 6:17:47 PM permalink
Quote: tringlomane

To add to the "stupid law" discussion: This is not really enforced. Basically sex toys (vibrators, etc.) just have a sticker saying "for novelty use only" and can be bought at adult "novelty stores" in Georgia; their selection was comparable to Missouri, which doesn't have a dumb law like this. Not shocked about Georgia having this rule, they just started allowing Sunday sales of alcohol in stores after I moved away. I guess if a cop caught you using a toy for sexual gain in your home, I guess it would be illegal.

I'm surprised there's any truth to it at all. "Stupid laws" are notoriously often made up out of whole cloth.
The trick to poker is learning not to beat yourself up for your mistakes too much, and certainly not too little, but just the right amount.
pacomartin
pacomartin
  • Threads: 649
July 1st, 2013 at 6:28:45 PM permalink
Quote: EvenBob

Dear god..

Yes, the monkeys typing out Shakespeare are real.
YesThereReal
YesThereReal
July 1st, 2013 at 6:54:24 PM permalink
Quote: tringlomane

Also if the "erection in public" law was generally enforced, we would then have too many 13-year olds in jail. Also, that's Indiana, no Sunday sales of alcohol in stores. Seeing a connection?

i know they dont have that law in mo... :)
MonkeyMonkey
MonkeyMonkey
  • Threads: 13
July 2nd, 2013 at 12:34:36 AM permalink
Quote: terapined

Wow Monkeymonkey. very picky. Boy , I need to have all my ducks in a row to argue with you. Now you are quoting me as posting"I agree with the Wisconsin law because adultery and pre-marital sex should both be illegal. However, it is possible to also rape one's wife, so I hope there is some sort of addendum to the law that covers that." Seriously, where does this come from???

Hard to believe you're truly that dense but I'll go ahead and lay it out for you just in case.

- I responded to you and this forum doesn't have a multi-quote function, so I had to copy q=terapined into my c&p buffer to easily cut apart your post for response.

- Then, I responded to Mission. The first quote was already taken care of, and then I (oh my god...) mistakenly just used what was in my c&p buffer.

- I didn't notice because I was in a hurry to get out the door for work. It's corrected now so you can stand down with the hysterics. Most people that have been around forums more than 10 minutes know this can sometimes happen, and other than being (to most people) kinda funny, it's no big deal.

I understand your valid criticism of my weak posts (I do bong hits while typing, so sorry for the previous weak posts) but at least get it right. Why put words in my mouth, sorry, why put typed words in my mouth that never were never typed by my fingers. If you want to criticize my posts, you have every right to. My posts are weak and not well thought out but hey, the bong hits are tasty.

Next time try the water and let us know how that works out,

I live in Florida, don't have the foggiest idea what the laws are in Wisconsin, nor do I care. How in the world can I post about Wisc law if I don't know Wisc law. (admitting lack of knowledge but its true). I am an expert in Lemon Kush, but that's a whole another subject. LOL
Its either a typo or somebody is monkeying up your posts :-) or you purposely did this but I doubt it. Hmm, maybe not. Seems like a bong hit would help YOU. Or maybe you are doing hits that's why your post above is FALSE. The lemon kush is killer isn't it. If you are partaking in the kush, all is forgiven.

How stoned does one have to be to go on at such length over such a common non-issue. I guess we have the answer.

I believe I just scored 1 point due to Monkeymonkey doing a poor quality control job on his posts. Get it together dude. Consider yourself corrected. Check, you asked to be corrected.
Peace
Ed the Deadhead

Get over yourself, you didn't discover the cure for cancer.
chickenman
chickenman
July 2nd, 2013 at 3:12:10 AM permalink

+4 {cumulative for the last three posts ;-) }
terapined
terapined
  • Threads: 88
July 2nd, 2013 at 4:30:45 AM permalink

Hard to believe you're truly that dense but I'll go ahead and lay it out for you just in case.

- I responded to you and this forum doesn't have a multi-quote function, so I had to copy q=terapined into my c&p buffer to easily cut apart your post for response.

- Then, I responded to Mission. The first quote was already taken care of, and then I (oh my god...) mistakenly just used what was in my c&p buffer.

- I didn't notice because I was in a hurry to get out the door for work. It's corrected now so you can stand down with the hysterics. Most people that have been around forums more than 10 minutes know this can sometimes happen, and other than being (to most people) kinda funny, it's no big deal.

Next time try the water and let us know how that works out,

How stoned does one have to be to go on at such length over such a common non-issue. I guess we have the answer.

Chill out dude, I found an obvious oversight (I didn't say mistake) in the great monkeymonkey post and ran with it. Just wanted to have a little fun with it. I figured the longer I went on with it, the better chance you would blow a gasket and respond point by point in a detailed response. Thanks, got what I wanted and its a hoot. Thanks for giving me a chuckle this morning. Love you monkeymonkey, you don't ignore :-)
WOV supports censorship. Bring back free speech challenging lies.

• Jump to: