Thread Rating:

Poll

15 votes (20%)
22 votes (29.33%)
17 votes (22.66%)
41 votes (54.66%)

75 members have voted

SanchoPanza
SanchoPanza
Joined: May 10, 2010
  • Threads: 34
  • Posts: 3502
June 30th, 2013 at 4:29:35 PM permalink
Quote: Beethoven9th

If I used the logic of many of the gay marriage supporters I've met over the years, I could call you a 'bigot' (for the above statement).

And boymimbo's opposition to equal legal rights for polygamists (and no doubt other orientations) would certainly qualify as animus under Justice Kennedy's framework in discussing Section 3 of DOMA. Bring on the cases! Let the imaginations and libidos run wild!
YesThereReal
YesThereReal
Joined: Jun 30, 2013
  • Threads: 3
  • Posts: 53
June 30th, 2013 at 7:32:18 PM permalink
This is the frist thing ive read on here and I dont get it hy does someone care about this esp polygamey and stuff? Is this srsly what you do hear?
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
Joined: Nov 2, 2009
  • Threads: 229
  • Posts: 12733
June 30th, 2013 at 7:36:23 PM permalink
Quote: YesThereReal

This is the frist thing ive read on here and I dont get it hy does someone care about this esp polygamey and stuff? Is this srsly what you do hear?



It is making the point that gay marriage can lead to legalized polygamy and if you are for gay marriage based on the logic gay marriage supporters have used then they will have no choice to support polygamy or be considered the bigots they call us supporters of traditional marriage.
All animals are equal, but some are more equal than others
EvenBob
EvenBob
Joined: Jul 18, 2010
  • Threads: 434
  • Posts: 25333
June 30th, 2013 at 7:42:14 PM permalink
Quote: YesThereReal

This is the frist thing ive read on here and I dont get it hy does someone care about this esp polygamey and stuff? Is this srsly what you do hear?



Dear god..
"It's not enough to succeed, your friends must fail." Gore Vidal
Beethoven9th
Beethoven9th
Joined: Jul 30, 2012
  • Threads: 75
  • Posts: 5072
June 30th, 2013 at 7:45:49 PM permalink
Quote: YesThereReal

This is the frist thing ive read on here and I dont get it hy does someone care about this esp polygamey and stuff? Is this srsly what you do hear?


Here's my suggestion since you're new here: Block this thread if you don't like it.
Fighting BS one post at a time!
YesThereReal
YesThereReal
Joined: Jun 30, 2013
  • Threads: 3
  • Posts: 53
June 30th, 2013 at 8:54:33 PM permalink
I jus dont understand it. why is some much concerned???
MonkeyMonkey
MonkeyMonkey
Joined: May 1, 2012
  • Threads: 13
  • Posts: 770
June 30th, 2013 at 11:45:22 PM permalink
Quote: SanchoPanza

And boymimbo's opposition to equal legal rights for polygamists (and no doubt other orientations) would certainly qualify as animus under Justice Kennedy's framework in discussing Section 3 of DOMA. Bring on the cases! Let the imaginations and libidos run wild!



And please, all of the people that voted that this is "good news" please stand up and be counted by sharing your opinion on polygamy and adult incest. It's not like it's a trap or anything, just a hypocrisy check. I'm sure the truly open-minded, non-discriminators among you will have no difficulty with this. And hey, you can always add an "I'm a bigot" vote since the way the poll was set up was either unknowingly completely useless, or a scheming attempt to show more support than actually exists.
terapined
terapined
Joined: Dec 1, 2012
  • Threads: 88
  • Posts: 5903
July 1st, 2013 at 5:01:35 AM permalink
Quote: MonkeyMonkey

And please, all of the people that voted that this is "good news" please stand up and be counted by sharing your opinion on polygamy and adult incest. It's not like it's a trap or anything, just a hypocrisy check. I'm sure the truly open-minded, non-discriminators among you will have no difficulty with this. And hey, you can always add an "I'm a bigot" vote since the way the poll was set up was either unknowingly completely useless, or a scheming attempt to show more support than actually exists.



I support gay marriage and against incest and polygamy.No Big deal. Its common sense. I am simply expressing what I believe and being honest about it. Call me whatever names you want, I still believe what I believe. If you are against gay marriage, I would never call you a bigot. Are you now going to get into the gutter and call me a bigot?
WOV supports censorship. Bring back free speech challenging lies.
MonkeyMonkey
MonkeyMonkey
Joined: May 1, 2012
  • Threads: 13
  • Posts: 770
July 1st, 2013 at 5:09:51 AM permalink
Quote: terapined

I support gay marriage and against incest and polygamy.No Big deal. Its common sense. I am simply expressing what the majority believe in. No biggie. This is how people in the real world think, try living in it.



Interesting. As I'm sure you're aware and are possibly hoping I won't notice, your bigoted reply could easily be applied to gay marriage by those opposing it.

Let's try it on for size...

I support regular marriage and against gay marriage.No Big deal. Its common sense. I am simply expressing what the majority believe in. No biggie. This is how people in the real world think, try living in it.

Now if this line of reasoning were used to support opposition to gay marriage the person crass enough to express it would be crucified by the left as a bigot. Nothing even verging on factual is presented to support this argument, just pure ignorance.

This is called hypocrisy, and you're soaking in it.

Edited to add: Ah, I see you edited your post. Awesome. Let's pick up from where you changed your mind and continue from there.

Quote: terapined


I am simply expressing what I believe and being honest about it.



Hooray for you?

Quote: terapined

Call me whatever names you want, I still believe what I believe.



No one has called you any names, if you believe so please show us the post, I'm sure the management here will deal with situation as they deem necessary. I'm not concerned because I haven't called anyone any names.

Quote: terapined

If you are against gay marriage, I would never call you a bigot.



Well, I'm not against gay marriage* but plenty of people that are against it are called bigots. Maybe you need to become more familiar with your team's play book. I'm sure rxwine or s2dbaker can make photocopies for you.

Quote: terapined

Are you now going to get into the gutter and call me a bigot?



Nope. Never have, never will. It's hardly my problem if you have difficulty coming to terms with what it means when you want to deny rights to some people while giving them to others.


* I prefer the term civil union. I think marriage should be a function of the church, and civil unions should be what government has to offer. But for the purpose of most of this discussion I think the terms can safely be used interchangeably.
chickenman
chickenman
Joined: Nov 1, 2009
  • Threads: 3
  • Posts: 997
July 1st, 2013 at 5:21:57 AM permalink
Quote: MonkeyMonkey

Interesting. As I'm sure you're aware and are possibly hoping I won't notice, your bigoted reply could easily be applied to gay marriage by those opposing it.

Let's try it on for size...

I support regular marriage and against gay marriage.No Big deal. Its common sense. I am simply expressing what the majority believe in. No biggie. This is how people in the real world think, try living in it.

Now if this line of reasoning were used to support opposition to gay marriage the person crass enough to express it would be crucified by the left as a bigot. Nothing even verging on factual is presented to support this argument, just pure ignorance.

This is called hypocrisy, and you're soaking in it.



+1

  • Jump to: