8 votes (14.54%)
7 votes (12.72%)
16 votes (29.09%)

55 members have voted

Toes14
Toes14
  • Threads: 18
June 18th, 2011 at 10:21:19 PM permalink
I have central air & gas heat. I average about $75/month for electric, except during the summer when it jumps to $150-200. The gas bill averages about $40/month, except in the winter months, when it jumps to $150-175. Between the two, I averaged $190/month last year.
"Bite my Glorious Golden Ass!" - Bender Bending Rodriguez
racerartist
racerartist
  • Threads: 0
July 27th, 2011 at 4:47:55 PM permalink
I know it's been a while since anyone has posted on this.... but, I have an issue and thought that maybe someone could help. I noticed that in a couple replies where your monthly payments were listed it said "Nevada Power Pro"..... I have suddenly been charged by this same company directly from my checking account. I have not signed up for anything like this. I called Nevada Power and they said that they have not charged me and they never heard of Nevada Power Pro, that there recurring charges are done through BillMatrix, which I also called, and they said that they are not charging me... so I'm real confused as to why your entries show this company yet know one knows who they are. I'm concerned that someone is billing their electric to my account. I guess I was hoping that if you have that on your bill, or bank account or whatever if you have any information on this company I would greatly appreciate it.... the bank is trying to find out, but it will take a while. Also, I googled them and this forum is the only place that name pops up in. Even if you just have a phone number or something I can call.... thank you for your help.
rdw4potus
rdw4potus
  • Threads: 80
July 27th, 2011 at 5:01:50 PM permalink
Quote: racerartist

I know it's been a while since anyone has posted on this.... but, I have an issue and thought that maybe someone could help. I noticed that in a couple replies where your monthly payments were listed it said "Nevada Power Pro"..... I have suddenly been charged by this same company directly from my checking account. I have not signed up for anything like this. I called Nevada Power and they said that they have not charged me and they never heard of Nevada Power Pro, that there recurring charges are done through BillMatrix, which I also called, and they said that they are not charging me... so I'm real confused as to why your entries show this company yet know one knows who they are. I'm concerned that someone is billing their electric to my account. I guess I was hoping that if you have that on your bill, or bank account or whatever if you have any information on this company I would greatly appreciate it.... the bank is trying to find out, but it will take a while. Also, I googled them and this forum is the only place that name pops up in. Even if you just have a phone number or something I can call.... thank you for your help.

Are they billing you instead of, or in addition to, your bills from Nevada Power?
"So as the clock ticked and the day passed, opportunity met preparation, and luck happened." - Maurice Clarett
weaselman
weaselman
  • Threads: 20
July 27th, 2011 at 5:05:38 PM permalink
My average over last 51 months about $152/month.
About half (~$80/month) of this is spent on my pool pump (I run it 24/7) in the summer, and a jacuzzi in winter. I also run six computers that are up all the time, and have kids running around the house, and leaving the light on everywhere they enter, even during the day.
I think, if I really wanted to, I could, probably cut the bill by half, and if I absolutely had to, I could completely shut down my pool and jacuzzi, turn off the PCs, lock the kids in the basement, and bring the thing down to, I guess, maybe $40/month or so.

The heat (oil) is a separate story. I pay insane amounts for it during winter time nowadays - like 400-500 per month easily.
"When two people always agree one of them is unnecessary"
Alan
Alan
  • Threads: 17
July 27th, 2011 at 6:05:51 PM permalink
5.3 per/kwh....last one was $139(~2800kwh/used)...house is 2420sq. ft(one story)...outboard building is 400sq. ft.(w/window unit-marginally used)..above ground pool pump ~6-8 hours a day(small though-15'x48")..Houston!!
heather
heather
  • Threads: 8
July 28th, 2011 at 7:32:55 AM permalink
I was paying around US$20/month in Mexico and suspected that my landlady was ripping me off by also charging me for her own power usage. In the US, I've had everywhere from less than ten dollars a month to over two hundred, depending on part of the country, time of year, and overall condition of the house.

Currently, I think I'm paying around the same as you. Hard to tell, though, because I dramatically overpaid a few months back and got a massive credit.
ThatDonGuy
ThatDonGuy
  • Threads: 98
July 28th, 2011 at 12:44:32 PM permalink
Looking at some of the amounts that others pay gives me another reason to be glad I live in California (and not the part in the mountains where it snows). My electric bills range from about $20/month in "normal weather" months to about $60 when I have to crank up the (electric) A/C most of the time, although it's never "really" hot enough to leave my A/C on when I am at work (I had a programmable thermostat once, but when it fried, I replaced it with a non-programmable; it's never cold enough to leave the (gas) heater on all day when I'm away either).

Then again, living alone gives me some advantages - there's never more than one TV on at a time, I run the dishwasher once a week or so, and I average about 2 1/2 loads of laundry a week (one for towels, one for unmentionables, and I do my colored shirts every two weeks).
thecesspit
thecesspit
  • Threads: 53
July 28th, 2011 at 1:43:33 PM permalink
Be nice if Califronia could pay it's electricity bills to BC once in a while :)
"Then you can admire the real gambler, who has neither eaten, slept, thought nor lived, he has so smarted under the scourge of his martingale, so suffered on the rack of his desire for a coup at trente-et-quarante" - Honore de Balzac, 1829
racerartist
racerartist
  • Threads: 0
July 28th, 2011 at 4:57:45 PM permalink
Quote: rdw4potus

Are they billing you instead of, or in addition to, your bills from Nevada Power?[/q

I do not live in Nevada, I live in California.... I used to live there 5 months ago, and I checked with Nevada power to see if they were billing me still and they said no, since I shut off the power there have been no charges. Plus, I never had it automatic, I always paid by check. Also, the account that is being charged was not in existence when I lived in Vegas.... I'm really concerned someone is using my account to pay their power, but I still can't find anyone that knows what Nevada power "pro" is..... do you know?

rxwine
rxwine
  • Threads: 167
July 28th, 2011 at 5:12:17 PM permalink
Does it have anything to do with this company?

http://www.manta.com/c/mtmk8kz/powerpro-component-technology-ltd

says it's located in Henderson.
Quasimodo? Does that name ring a bell?

• Jump to: