kewlj
kewlj
Joined: Apr 17, 2012
  • Threads: 203
  • Posts: 3885
June 27th, 2020 at 10:05:52 AM permalink
Quote: darkoz

I thought body temperature adjusts to outside heat and cold. That's the main difference between cold blood and warm blood animals. Warm blooded adjusts.

Your temperature doesn't go down in middle of freezing weather. Your body heat adjusts internally. Same with extreme heat.



That is correct. A proper functioning body regulates and controls temperature, meaning your core body temperature isn't going to go up based on 105 degrees outside. Now you get into people with different medical condition, this function may not work properly. This is why such people get overheated easily.

But the whole temperature taking exercise is a joke. It is for show. There are several problems with it.

1.) 98.6 is not a normal temperature for everyone. It is an average "normal" temperature. A person's normal temperature can be anywhere from 97 degree to 99 something. I generally run just about 1 degree lower between 97.6 and 98.0. So if I have a fever and am running say 100.0, that would be under the 100.4 threshold and I would be admitted, but it would be a good 2 degrees above my normal.

2.) People can get infected and be able to pass the virus, BEFORE they register a fever. The fever usually comes several days later and some people don't have the symptom of a fever.

3.) Fever reducing medication. If someone feels sick and yet wants to go to a casino, they can pop a couple ibuprofen or Tylenol. They may not even be sick from this virus, maybe they take ibuprofen regularly for back or knee pain or some other condition. My late partner took 800 mgs of ibuprofen 3-4 times a day for his back. I can almost guarantee he wouldn't have a fever entering a casino.

4.) Just how accurate are these readings??
coilman
coilman
Joined: Jan 29, 2012
  • Threads: 129
  • Posts: 1089
June 27th, 2020 at 10:16:24 AM permalink
Quote: Armagedden

No thanks to the FACEMASKLESS gamblers, protesters, indoor-attendees, simpletons, etc....Wow, 40,588 guys got infected with covid19 in just 1 day!

The good news is that the "portable vaccine" has been around since 1972. That "portable vaccine" is called N95Facemask. Wearing it can prevent Coal workers' pneumoconiosis, Tuberculosis, Ebola virus, covid19. etc...


As of 6/26 per CDCdotGov
TOTAL CASES in USA
2,414,870
40,588 New Cases*
TOTAL DEATHS
124,325
2,516 New Deaths*
*Compared to yesterday's data

"Portable vaccine" was coined by a lady doctor. I saw her as I flipped thru one of these news-TV-channels:
CNN, Fox News, MSNBC, One America News, Bloomberg Television, CNBC, Fox Business Network, etc...



Well I sure hope the people running the show in Canada are smart enough to keep the NORTHERN BORDER closed until this "blows over"

Canada new cases June 26 ************* 172 ******************* population 37 Million

https://www.google.com/search?q=canada+new+covid+19+cases&oq=canada&aqs=chrome.0.69i59j46j69i60l2j69i61j69i65l2j69i60.2496j0j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8
kewlj
kewlj
Joined: Apr 17, 2012
  • Threads: 203
  • Posts: 3885
June 27th, 2020 at 10:23:33 AM permalink
Quote: coilman

Well I sure hope the people running the show in Canada are smart enough to keep the NORTHERN BORDER closed until this "blows over"

Canada new cases June 26 ************* 172 ******************* population 37 Million



But Canada IS to blame for the U.S. coronavirus situation!

https://www.bing.com/videos/search?q=South+Park+Blame+Canada+Song&&view=detail&mid=93C1709CA5DD326FDBEE93C1709CA5DD326FDBEE&&FORM=VRDGAR&ru=%2Fvideos%2Fsearch%3Fq%3DSouth%2BPark%2BBlame%2BCanada%2BSong%26FORM%3DVDMHRS
Armagedden
Armagedden
Joined: Jun 6, 2020
  • Threads: 1
  • Posts: 47
June 27th, 2020 at 10:48:27 AM permalink
Quote: kewlj

My late partner took 800 mgs of ibuprofen 3-4 times a day for his back. I can almost guarantee he wouldn't have a fever entering a casino.



Please accept my sincere sympathy.
My thoughts and prayers are with you as you mourn for your partner (who passed away because of covid19?)
kewlj
kewlj
Joined: Apr 17, 2012
  • Threads: 203
  • Posts: 3885
Thanks for this post from:
Armagedden
June 27th, 2020 at 10:56:41 AM permalink
Quote: Armagedden

Please accept my sincere sympathy.
My thoughts and prayers are with you as you mourn for your partner (who passed away because of covid19?)



My partner passed away 2 years ago, unrelated to covid 19. Sorry if my comment was confusing.

I am just saying anyone taking fever reducing medication for pain or other issues isn't going to register a fever.
Keeneone
Keeneone
Joined: Aug 16, 2014
  • Threads: 15
  • Posts: 1171
June 27th, 2020 at 11:37:48 AM permalink
A record ~1100 new cases in NV reported this morning.
https://nvhealthresponse.nv.gov/
SOOPOO
SOOPOO
Joined: Aug 8, 2010
  • Threads: 108
  • Posts: 7232
June 27th, 2020 at 12:14:50 PM permalink
Quote: TomG

LVAC sent an email Thursday night saying "members must wear a mask". So I went on Friday, but there was a sign, saying "Masks are not required". Probably not going back. But after exercising there, then getting in my car that was sitting in 108F heat, the casino thermometer had my temperature at 96.6. The calibration is either off, or they are not using them correctly. My theory is so that they never have to deny entrance to anyone, even if they do have coronavirus symptoms.



I was involved in a medical study involving patient temperature maybe 10 years ago. I took my own temperature a lot and almost always was 98.6. After being in the AC hospital, after coming in from hot outside, or very cold outside. It is what the body does. It thermoregulates you to 'normal', which is around 98.6 for most. Quite remarkable. Just went to Doctor for routine appointment. They take your temperature upon arrival before you are allowed entrance. Mine was told to me to be 97.1. I would have to be left in a snow bank for hours naked to get down to 97.1 I'd have to be dead 9slight exaggeration) to get to 96.6. If you were really 96.6 you would have been shivering like you never have before.

The temperature taking craze is the lowest yield 'safety' precaution since.....
SOOPOO
SOOPOO
Joined: Aug 8, 2010
  • Threads: 108
  • Posts: 7232
June 27th, 2020 at 12:18:52 PM permalink
Quote: kewlj

My partner passed away 2 years ago, unrelated to covid 19. Sorry if my comment was confusing.

I am just saying anyone taking fever reducing medication for pain or other issues isn't going to register a fever.



Thanks for reminding me of this. My brother in law had COVID-19, and at the time he was just feeling a little febrile. He would take a few tylenol and eliminate the fever. He could have gone to a casino with ease while infected and infectious. He at the time did not think it was COVID-19, but it became clear after all of his family had varying symptoms that they all had it. He is now a COVID-19 plasma donor now.
billryan
billryan
Joined: Nov 2, 2009
  • Threads: 175
  • Posts: 9967
June 27th, 2020 at 12:36:44 PM permalink
Quote: SOOPOO

I was involved in a medical study involving patient temperature maybe 10 years ago. I took my own temperature a lot and almost always was 98.6. After being in the AC hospital, after coming in from hot outside, or very cold outside. It is what the body does. It thermoregulates you to 'normal', which is around 98.6 for most. Quite remarkable. Just went to Doctor for routine appointment. They take your temperature upon arrival before you are allowed entrance. Mine was told to me to be 97.1. I would have to be left in a snow bank for hours naked to get down to 97.1 I'd have to be dead 9slight exaggeration) to get to 96.6. If you were really 96.6 you would have been shivering like you never have before.

The temperature taking craze is the lowest yield 'safety' precaution since.....




When I was younger, my temperature was almost always below 98.6. When digitals first came out, it wasn't unusual to be in the mid 97 range. As I got older and fatter it slowly inched up. I've been scanned twice lately- 97.8 and 98.4. The second was after I'd bn wearing a mask fr an hour or so and fly like I was about to break out in a sweat.
TDVegas
TDVegas
Joined: Oct 30, 2018
  • Threads: 0
  • Posts: 631
June 27th, 2020 at 12:41:49 PM permalink
Quote: Keeneone

A record ~1100 new cases in NV reported this morning.
https://nvhealthresponse.nv.gov/


Governor was told repeatedly that it might be worthwhile to make masks a requirement for a couple months upon reopening casinos. He basically spit on those suggestions back then.

Now he mandates masks.

He doesn’t know what he’s doing. Just guessing.

The fact that they still don’t want to address smoking or vaping thruout the casino floor tells you all you need to know about “safety precautions”.

Stupid is as stupid does.

  • Jump to: