Thread Rating:

darkoz
darkoz
Joined: Dec 22, 2009
  • Threads: 244
  • Posts: 7484
May 31st, 2020 at 7:01:03 PM permalink
Quote: BedWetterBetter

The officer in the video is already under arrest and the video is pretty straightforward, so it's possible given the media scrutiny. Not to mention, 4th of July weekend is in 33 days(not 6 weeks) and this current riot is 6 days after the Floyd incident occurred. So should anything else happen between police and protestors in the next 33 days, I wouldn't be shocked to see more riots and looting.

Which is why Murphy would probably err on the side of caution and not rush the re-opening of AC, in light of today's events and growing tension between police and protestors in the nation.



No way the trial occurs in the next six weeks

There are going to be requests from both sides. For example, I am certain the defense is going to want some kind of psych evaluation of the officer.

Furthermore, the rioting is a good reason the defense will give for postponing any quick trial. He will argue with the protests any jury will be difficult to find unbiased.

By the time all the motions and counter motions are done that cops trial is two years away.

I think casinos will be open long before his trial
For Whom the bus tolls; The bus tolls for thee
BedWetterBetter
BedWetterBetter
Joined: Oct 20, 2012
  • Threads: 33
  • Posts: 606
May 31st, 2020 at 7:08:18 PM permalink
Again, it's pure speculation on your part. There may be a plea agreement or he dies in jail. Nobody can predict how this plays out.

In any event, people will certainly be upset over this and anything else that occurs between now and the 4th of July weekend. So Murphy's tentative plan to re-open AC would probably be delayed, with the already present danger of infection on top of the added threat of riots and looting, which was more than confirmed by the events of today.
AxelWolf
AxelWolf
Joined: Oct 10, 2012
  • Threads: 148
  • Posts: 18652
May 31st, 2020 at 7:27:19 PM permalink
Quote: BedWetterBetter

Again, it's pure speculation on your part. There may be a plea agreement or he dies in jail. Nobody can predict how this plays out.

In any event, people will certainly be upset over this and anything else that occurs between now and the 4th of July weekend. So Murphy's tentative plan to re-open AC would probably be delayed, with the already present danger of infection on top of the added threat of riots and looting, which was more than confirmed by the events of today.


From my understanding, the protesters are starting to get out of hand with some vandalism on the boardwalk.
♪♪Now you swear and kick and beg us That you're not a gamblin' man Then you find you're back in Vegas With a handle in your hand♪♪ Your black cards can make you money So you hide them when you're able In the land of casinos and money You must put them on the table♪♪ You go back Jack do it again roulette wheels turinin' 'round and 'round♪♪ You go back Jack do it again♪♪
darkoz
darkoz
Joined: Dec 22, 2009
  • Threads: 244
  • Posts: 7484
May 31st, 2020 at 7:27:47 PM permalink
Quote: BedWetterBetter

Again, it's pure speculation on your part. There may be a plea agreement or he dies in jail. Nobody can predict how this plays out.

In any event, people will certainly be upset over this and anything else that occurs between now and the 4th of July weekend. So Murphy's tentative plan to re-open AC would probably be delayed, with the already present danger of infection on top of the added threat of riots and looting, which was more than confirmed by the events of today.



Yes, plea agreement or death in jail could happen in next six weeks.

We agree there.

I suppose some shock announcement like that could delay AC further.

Just don't believe any trial will happen in next six weeks. Plea agreement would mean no trial occurs

EDIT: There maybe another reason that the protests cause the casinos not to reopen.

There isn't any social distance going on. 33 days from now? Perfect incubation period.

No surprise is three weeks from now we suffer major Coronavirus cases again due to the protests

Huhhhh! SMH
For Whom the bus tolls; The bus tolls for thee
AxelWolf
AxelWolf
Joined: Oct 10, 2012
  • Threads: 148
  • Posts: 18652
May 31st, 2020 at 7:31:44 PM permalink
Quote: AZDuffman

I think I'm going to take the over on " protesting" causing zero outbreaks.


So many of them suddenly decided to wear masks. And I'm pretty sure it has nothing to do with the Coronavirus.
♪♪Now you swear and kick and beg us That you're not a gamblin' man Then you find you're back in Vegas With a handle in your hand♪♪ Your black cards can make you money So you hide them when you're able In the land of casinos and money You must put them on the table♪♪ You go back Jack do it again roulette wheels turinin' 'round and 'round♪♪ You go back Jack do it again♪♪
BedWetterBetter
BedWetterBetter
Joined: Oct 20, 2012
  • Threads: 33
  • Posts: 606
May 31st, 2020 at 7:54:38 PM permalink
Quote: darkoz

Yes, plea agreement or death in jail could happen in next six weeks.

We agree there.

I suppose some shock announcement like that could delay AC further.

Just don't believe any trial will happen in next six weeks. Plea agreement would mean no trial occurs

EDIT: There maybe another reason that the protests cause the casinos not to reopen.

There isn't any social distance going on. 33 days from now? Perfect incubation period.

No surprise is three weeks from now we suffer major Coronavirus cases again due to the protests

Huhhhh! SMH



You're all over the place and it's not helping. Since neither of us can predict the social climate and agendas of capitalists, let's just wait and see what happens.
AxelWolf
AxelWolf
Joined: Oct 10, 2012
  • Threads: 148
  • Posts: 18652
May 31st, 2020 at 8:31:58 PM permalink
Quote: darkoz

serious question, I take it the buses aren't running right now?
♪♪Now you swear and kick and beg us That you're not a gamblin' man Then you find you're back in Vegas With a handle in your hand♪♪ Your black cards can make you money So you hide them when you're able In the land of casinos and money You must put them on the table♪♪ You go back Jack do it again roulette wheels turinin' 'round and 'round♪♪ You go back Jack do it again♪♪
ChumpChange
ChumpChange
Joined: Jun 15, 2018
  • Threads: 39
  • Posts: 1629
May 31st, 2020 at 8:40:27 PM permalink
Cops are slashing tires in parking lots full of cars in Minneapolis.
darkoz
darkoz
Joined: Dec 22, 2009
  • Threads: 244
  • Posts: 7484
May 31st, 2020 at 8:46:37 PM permalink
Quote: AxelWolf

serious question, I take it the buses aren't running right now?



Incorrect

In NYC public transportation is considered essential.

In fact, all public city buses are currently free.

Back door (normally the exit) access only except for wheelchair where the electric ramp is front door.

The front seating section of every bus is roped off with chains and plastic barriers so the drivers come into zero contact with passengers except as noted the necessary wheelchair passengers.

I have been riding for free for 2 1/2 months now. I only travel to do shopping or pay bills though. I did take the quarantine seriously
For Whom the bus tolls; The bus tolls for thee
AxelWolf
AxelWolf
Joined: Oct 10, 2012
  • Threads: 148
  • Posts: 18652
May 31st, 2020 at 8:47:29 PM permalink
Quote: ChumpChange

Cops are slashing tires in parking lots full of cars in Minneapolis.

Why?
♪♪Now you swear and kick and beg us That you're not a gamblin' man Then you find you're back in Vegas With a handle in your hand♪♪ Your black cards can make you money So you hide them when you're able In the land of casinos and money You must put them on the table♪♪ You go back Jack do it again roulette wheels turinin' 'round and 'round♪♪ You go back Jack do it again♪♪

  • Jump to: