1 vote (2.7%)
3 votes (8.1%)

37 members have voted

michael99000
michael99000
  • Threads: 9
March 23rd, 2020 at 9:31:02 PM permalink
Quote: SOOPOO

ZERO chance. How about that? Some areas will just be BEGINNING the worst of it around then.

I agree.

Cuomo on tv saying they desperately need equipment, 80% of New Yorkers could get infected, and they’re about a week away from letting people die who could’ve otherwise been saved.. and at the same time you know who is talking about ending the restrictions.
onenickelmiracle
onenickelmiracle
  • Threads: 209
March 24th, 2020 at 1:40:49 AM permalink
Maybe at some point, everyone under 45 allowed out, over 45 or with health conditions stay in homes. Every week or 2, the age goes up 7 years. Then eventually cases small enough no overloading. Oh, and when you go out, you have to kiss 7 random strangers. Lol. Something like this could work if it wasn't unconstitutional.
In the land of the blind, the man with one eye is the care taker. Hold my beer.
SOOPOO
SOOPOO
  • Threads: 108
March 24th, 2020 at 5:06:10 AM permalink
Quote: onenickelmiracle

Maybe at some point, everyone under 45 allowed out, over 45 or with health conditions stay in homes. Every week or 2, the age goes up 7 years. Then eventually cases small enough no overloading. Oh, and when you go out, you have to kiss 7 random strangers. Lol. Something like this could work if it wasn't unconstitutional.

Colleague is watching a previously healthy 45 year old die from this. Patient is now placed face down on ventilator as oxygen level improved slightly in that position. Google ARDS if you want details.
Also remember that the youngsters who do get it will spread it to their older relatives, building mates, workmates.
onenickelmiracle
onenickelmiracle
March 24th, 2020 at 5:59:37 AM permalink
Quote: SOOPOO

Colleague is watching a previously healthy 45 year old die from this. Patient is now placed face down on ventilator as oxygen level improved slightly in that position. Google ARDS if you want details.
Also remember that the youngsters who do get it will spread it to their older relatives, building mates, workmates.

Yes this is terrible, but also an exception. The risks are there whether you act or not, not acting, you lose, acting, you lose. You just have to decide on what's important, what's the best strategy. Unfortunately Trump isn't reading here or you would hear. They're going to come up with another plan and it will probably be riskier than anything I've said, Making sure almost everyone under a certain age has been exposed, whatever the certain age being exposed to calculate not overloading the health care system, because a smaller percentage of these people would not need extreme care, it would drastically reduce the amount spread to anyone really vulnerable. If someone wanted to just wait for the herd immunity, they could do that. We just have to wait and see what these spring breakers have done already.

The entire thing could work in reality, and there would be a lot less people to even spread to anyone older if such a thing was introduced. People tend to be greedy and selfish, cannot follow instructions, there would be people screwing the plan up. If only we knew who has been sick and who hasn't, there seems to be a lot of people who are telling themselves, they have been sick, and nobody really knows. I am aware about the social interaction between older people and younger people and how in many cases, they already live together and would have to be disciplined, we would have to open up completely vacant hotels for them to stay in.
billryan
billryan 
  • Threads: 173
March 24th, 2020 at 6:42:17 AM permalink
About a third of hospital cases in the U.S. involve people under 50. The patterns in the U.S. are tracking different from the rest of the world, and one thing which stands out so far is that many of the younger people who get sick vape. It's far too small a sample to draw any real conclusion, although some people are latching on to a much smaller samplings for reasons of their own.
onenickelmiracle
onenickelmiracle
March 24th, 2020 at 6:49:27 AM permalink
Quote: billryan

About a third of hospital cases in the U.S. involve people under 50. The patterns in the U.S. are tracking different from the rest of the world, and one thing which stands out so far is that many of the younger people who get sick vape. It's far too small a sample to draw any real conclusion, although some people are latching on to a much smaller samplings for reasons of their own.

There are a lot of very, obese young people in this country. Obesity and diabetes are factors. I really haven't heard about the vaping mattering, it shouldn't unless it has caused a health problem. Man, I can't blame the Chinese for this one, have to blame Coke and Pepsi and Pepperidge Farms.
onenickelmiracle
onenickelmiracle
March 24th, 2020 at 7:12:00 AM permalink
I just received an email from Walmart:

Quote:

Coronavirus (COVID-19) response update

To better support customers age 60 and up, our stores will host a special shopping hour from 6 am to 7 am every Tuesday, Mar. 24 through Apr. 28. It will start one hour before stores open to the public, and pharmacies will be available during this time, as well. Vision centers will also be open to help with emergency and essential needs only.

They at least are planning on things being like this for some time. Personally, they should have more than one day a week for them imo. One hour isn't enough time for them to find what they need and visit the pharmacy.
TigerWu
TigerWu
  • Threads: 21
March 24th, 2020 at 8:26:11 AM permalink
"Reopen".... Hah!

We haven't even STARTED dealing with this in Oklahoma yet. Schools are closed, some businesses are closed, but we've had no official stay-at-home orders anywhere in the state, tons of people still out and about (mostly elderly from what I've seen), tons of people still going to work (all ages), less than 100 confirmed cases, "only" two deaths...

We're probably at least a week or two away from actually having to deal with this for real, and the powers-that-be want us to be back to normal by then? Fat chance. We're still months away from normal, folks....
onenickelmiracle
onenickelmiracle
March 24th, 2020 at 8:31:32 AM permalink
Quote: TigerWu

"Reopen".... Hah!

We haven't even STARTED dealing with this in Oklahoma yet. Schools are closed, some businesses are closed, but we've had no official stay-at-home orders anywhere in the state, tons of people still out and about (mostly elderly from what I've seen), tons of people still going to work (all ages), less than 100 confirmed cases, "only" two deaths...

We're probably at least a week or two away from actually having to deal with this for real, and the powers-that-be want us to be back to normal by then? Fat chance. We're still months away from normal, folks....

WOW. Did you decide to not be one of them? Did you tell your boss you're not coming to work?
TigerWu
TigerWu
  • Threads: 21
March 24th, 2020 at 8:49:06 AM permalink
Quote: onenickelmiracle

WOW. Did you decide to not be one of them? Did you tell your boss you're not coming to work?

I've been working part-time. I go from the parking lot straight to my office, close the door, sit there alone all day, and then straight back to the parking lot at the end of the day. I suspect a state-wide or at least city-wide shutdown is coming in the next week or so, anyway. If it doesn't then I probably will call up and say, "See you in a few months."

• Jump to: