4 votes (19.04%)
4 votes (19.04%)

21 members have voted

gordonm888
gordonm888
  • Threads: 46
March 13th, 2020 at 9:52:15 AM permalink
Quote: Hullabaloo

Same thing around my neck of the woods, and apparently just about everywhere else.

Doesn't make a difference to me because I have a bio bidet. The're inexpensive, (many are less than $50), and install easily under your existing toilet seat.

I've never used one of these, but I can't imagine this working very well. Is this like a water-pic for the butt? Would you not have to move your butt around if the jet is fixed? I know what its like to use a pressure washer on your driveway or house: its slow and tedious.

What if you're in Mexico and have just eaten some 'carne del diablo' from a street vendor? And you've run to the bathroom, dropped your drawers and as you lower yourself to the toilet, the first gusher comes shooting out of your butt? And that first gusher bounces off the toilet seat and the upward backsplash encounters your descending butt, and coats you from mid-thigh to your lower back? I mean like the L5 vertebrae or higher? Is this dainty water jet from the bidet really preferable to five rolls of toilet paper?

I assume that the Frenchman who invented the bidet had never eaten Mexican food.
So many better men, a few of them friends, are dead. And a thousand thousand slimy things live on, and so do I.
rawtuff
rawtuff
  • Threads: 2
Thanks for this post from:
AxelWolf
March 13th, 2020 at 11:09:21 AM permalink
Quote: gordonm888

Same thing around my neck of the woods, and apparently just about everywhere else.

Doesn't make a difference to me because I have a bio bidet. The're inexpensive, (many are less than $50), and install easily under your existing toilet seat.

I've never used one of these, but I can't imagine this working very well. Is this like a water-pic for the butt? Would you not have to move your butt around if the jet is fixed? I know what its like to use a pressure washer on your driveway or house: its slow and tedious.

What if you're in Mexico and have just eaten some 'carne del diablo' from a street vendor? And you've run to the bathroom, dropped your drawers and as you lower yourself to the toilet, the first gusher comes shooting out of your butt? And that first gusher bounces off the toilet seat and the upward backsplash encounters your descending butt, and coats you from mid-thigh to your lower back? I mean like the L5 vertebrae or higher? Is this dainty water jet from the bidet really preferable to five rolls of toilet paper?

I assume that the Frenchman who invented the bidet had never eaten Mexican food.

I must say that was weirdly detailed for a hypothetical.
EvenBob
EvenBob
  • Threads: 429
ams288DDB
March 13th, 2020 at 11:12:54 AM permalink

What if you're in Mexico and have just eaten some 'carne del diablo' from a street vendor? And you've run to the bathroom, dropped your drawers and as you lower yourself to the toilet,

Me and a buddy went to Mexico in the late 70s.
He ate a bunch of street food, that I warned him
about, and he had to run back to the hotel to
get to the room. He only made it to the lobby.
He rushed over to one of those big potted palm
trees they have in the lobbies down there and
dropped his pants, and crapped right there in
the pot. Good Times..
"It's not enough to succeed, your friends must fail." Gore Vidal
EvenBob
EvenBob
  • Threads: 429
March 13th, 2020 at 12:04:17 PM permalink
Target online is out of deliverable
TP and canned cat food.
"It's not enough to succeed, your friends must fail." Gore Vidal
OnceDear
Administrator
OnceDear
  • Threads: 46
odiousgambit
March 13th, 2020 at 12:16:36 PM permalink

Take care out there. Spare a thought for the newly poor who were happy in their world just a few days ago, but whose whole way of life just collapsed..
rsactuary
rsactuary
  • Threads: 21
odiousgambit
March 13th, 2020 at 12:29:19 PM permalink
^ oh my lol
Face
Administrator
Face
  • Threads: 49
March 13th, 2020 at 4:18:13 PM permalink
Quote: odiousgambit

sounds a little nutty...

I don't disagree. I just find that suppressing nuttery only puts it in a corner of your mind where it will hassle you in perpetuity. Give it a voice and it usually shuts up in a day. This is just me working through it.

This is a very interesting concept. I probably can't do this in practice, but you correctly state the drawbacks of the other approaches and your idea is clever. It had occurred to me that the future spread of this virus may be slowed once some of the population has been infected and developed immunity. But I had not thought about getting intentionally infected.

I probably couldn't practice it, either. But when the choice is "hope to miss it else death", it kinda demands more than just hoping for the best, even if the option is "camp in a NY March alone with the kung flu". That is surely nutty. But juxtapose it with "but if you get it, you're going to kill your family", and it gets real sane real quick. I'm sure you can empathize.

Officially, it's 6hrs away. Unofficially, it's 30min, in the town of my employ.

F#$%'s sakes.

The opinions of this moderator are for entertainment purposes only.
petroglyph
petroglyph
  • Threads: 19
March 13th, 2020 at 4:25:18 PM permalink
Quote: EvenBob

Me and a buddy went to Mexico in the late 70s.
He ate a bunch of street food, that I warned him
about, and he had to run back to the hotel to
get to the room. He only made it to the lobby.
He rushed over to one of those big potted palm
trees they have in the lobbies down there and
dropped his pants, and crapped right there in
the pot. Good Times..

just kidding
Last edited by: petroglyph on Mar 13, 2020
DRich
DRich
  • Threads: 75
March 13th, 2020 at 5:53:55 PM permalink
Quote: EvenBob

I started doing this two months
ago. Walmart stopped selling their
in house canned cat food 6 weeks
ago. I have 2 months stored. Buying
more today. Local schools and colleges
are c;losing, pro sports is over, Disneyland
is closed. We're screwed.

I use Chewy.com because I hate carrying those heavy bags of dog food from the car to the house. They offer free delivery and leave it on my front porch. Usually the wife gets home from work first so she carries it in.
Order from chaos
Minty
Minty
  • Threads: 7
March 13th, 2020 at 8:54:52 PM permalink
Quote: DRich

I use Chewy.com because I hate carrying those heavy bags of dog food from the car to the house. They offer free delivery and leave it on my front porch. Usually the wife gets home from work first so she carries it in.

Chewy can be nice, but on more than one occasion we've found maggots in the food for our guinea pigs or hedgehogs. Small pet select is fantastic.
"Just because I'm not doing anything illegal, doesn't mean I won't have to defend myself someday." -Chip Reese

• Jump to: