Thread Rating:

TigerWu
TigerWu
Joined: May 23, 2016
  • Threads: 21
  • Posts: 4022
January 28th, 2020 at 8:54:22 AM permalink
Quote: SOOPOO

Not arguing..... But here in Buffalo, I left my house and was through security after having checked a bag, in 18 minutes! 9 minute drive, 3 minutes to check bag, 6 minutes for TSA pre check line. (Nervous Nelly me.... that gave me an hour and a half to wait to board....)



I've walked into smaller airports, gotten checked in, through security, and to my gate in probably 10 minutes. The issue here is that BedWetter is claiming he GOT TO the airport 12 minutes before the flight was scheduled to DEPART. The doors to the plane would have been closed by then, even before he stepped out of the car. (Unless the flight happened to be delayed last minute for some reason.)
unJon
unJon
Joined: Jul 1, 2018
  • Threads: 12
  • Posts: 1640
January 28th, 2020 at 9:25:10 AM permalink
Quote: rdw4potus

0% chance they let you check in at 718 for a 730 flight. 0% chance you checked in, walked through security, and made it to the gate before 730, let alone 720 when the door would have been closed. Isn't the real story compelling enough? why embellish?



Do people still check in at the airport? Check in is easy online or with an app for the airline.
The race is not always to the swift, nor the battle to the strong; but that is the way to bet.
TigerWu
TigerWu
Joined: May 23, 2016
  • Threads: 21
  • Posts: 4022
January 28th, 2020 at 9:39:34 AM permalink
Quote: unJon

Do people still check in at the airport? Check in is easy online or with an app for the airline.



It's easy to do at the airport, too. Just punch your number in the computer terminal and get your boarding pass.
Minty
Minty
Joined: Jan 23, 2015
  • Threads: 7
  • Posts: 481
January 28th, 2020 at 10:45:53 AM permalink
It's hard to judge the merits of a company based on the interactions with the people working for it on a single occasion. When I worked retail the number of outraged customers I saw that wanted to complain about miniscule matters that I had nothing to do with was astounding. Often they'd come in a bad mood because of stuff in their personal lives. Then after giving quality customer service they'd buy from a competitor because it would save them $2.00. I'm by no means taking the side of companies, but people can be ridiculous
"Just because I'm not doing anything illegal, doesn't mean I won't have to defend myself someday." -Chip Reese
GWAE
GWAE
Joined: Sep 20, 2013
  • Threads: 93
  • Posts: 9854
January 28th, 2020 at 1:09:01 PM permalink
Quote: TigerWu

I've walked into smaller airports, gotten checked in, through security, and to my gate in probably 10 minutes. The issue here is that BedWetter is claiming he GOT TO the airport 12 minutes before the flight was scheduled to DEPART. The doors to the plane would have been closed by then, even before he stepped out of the car. (Unless the flight happened to be delayed last minute for some reason.)



Let's see if he had a checked bag as well that he was able to check in at the same time.
Expect the worst and you will never be disappointed. I AM NOT PART OF GWAE RADIO SHOW
BedWetterBetter
BedWetterBetter
Joined: Oct 20, 2012
  • Threads: 32
  • Posts: 531
January 31st, 2020 at 2:35:11 PM permalink
Yea, i just made the whole thing up. I am still waiting on standby at Bergstrom for the past 3 years and have yet to catch my flight. </es>

The flight was delayed obviously but gotta love the effort to TRY to discredit instead of addressing the real issue that a Lyft driver shows up with a near empty gas tank after arriving late!
BedWetterBetter
BedWetterBetter
Joined: Oct 20, 2012
  • Threads: 32
  • Posts: 531
January 31st, 2020 at 2:38:03 PM permalink
Quote: rdw4potus

0% chance they let you check in at 718 for a 730 flight. 0% chance you checked in, walked through security, and made it to the gate before 730, let alone 720 when the door would have been closed. Isn't the real story compelling enough? why embellish?



Ever hear of online check in? The flight was delayed but keep on grasping at straws in an attempt to make yourself relevant.
Gandler
Gandler
Joined: Jan 27, 2014
  • Threads: 30
  • Posts: 1402
January 31st, 2020 at 3:16:46 PM permalink
Quote: BedWetterBetter

Yea, i just made the whole thing up. I am still waiting on standby at Bergstrom for the past 3 years and have yet to catch my flight. </es>

The flight was delayed obviously but gotta love the effort to TRY to discredit instead of addressing the real issue that a Lyft driver shows up with a near empty gas tank after arriving late!




It matters because it paints the context for your story.

You would have missed your flight regardless of if the tank was full or not. The only reason you did not miss your flight is because it was delayed (which is what was not mentioned earlier).

You should have ordered a ride earlier instead of cutting it so close and then it would be a moot point....

The issue is a timing issue (on your end), that you lucked out on only because of a flight delay. (I know you said you ordered a rider earlier who cancelled, but again that is why you always order well in advance or schedule a pickup, I think Lyft has that option, Uber certainly does). Or just schedule an appointment with a taxi company, they certainly schedule rides.

Getting upset at a company for a flight you would have missed regardless of your interpretation of their fuel gauge and still made by pure luck, is silly....

(by the way, I am not a fan of Lyft so I am no mindless Lyft defender, but my reasons for not supporting Lyft are logical, based on their structure, not on a perceived bad ride that was not even their fault...) I try to support local taxis, but I will use Uber if needed.
michael99000
michael99000
Joined: Jul 10, 2010
  • Threads: 9
  • Posts: 2089
January 31st, 2020 at 3:19:02 PM permalink
Quote: BedWetterBetter

Yea, i just made the whole thing up. I am still waiting on standby at Bergstrom for the past 3 years and have yet to catch my flight. </es>

The flight was delayed obviously but gotta love the effort to TRY to discredit instead of addressing the real issue that a Lyft driver shows up with a near empty gas tank after arriving late!



Would be more accurate to say, the Lyft driver showed up with enough gas to get you to the airport. And that your opinion of him was based on a concern you had over a problem that never came to be.
billryan
billryan
Joined: Nov 2, 2009
  • Threads: 165
  • Posts: 8865
January 31st, 2020 at 6:54:17 PM permalink
Perception is everything. A person who spends his trip to the airport worried about if the car is going to make it did not get the ride he wanted or paid for. The fact the car made it is almost beside the point. I would not be happy under similar circumstances.

  • Jump to: