Thread Rating:

beachbumbabs
Administrator
beachbumbabs
Joined: May 21, 2013
  • Threads: 99
  • Posts: 14222
June 18th, 2019 at 7:13:54 AM permalink
Quote: avianrandy

I was playing that trainer a minute ago and noticed if you draw to 21 with an Ace in your hand it will still let you hit. I had A,4,6 and hit and got an A and the correct strategy advice. I guess I am used to the casino not letting you hit when you reach 21. Guess I am still trying to wake up lol



FWIW, at least in tournament play, it's not always wrong to hit soft 21. You may need to double down the 11 to get more money on the table, depending on position and competitor's bankrolls, and what cards you've already seen in play.

I don't know any card counting indices to any level of detail so I can't say, but I think there could easily be some situations where it's correct there as well.

So I think that is why the trainer might allow you to hit it, though perhaps nearly always caution that it's not your best option.
If the House lost every hand, they wouldn't deal the game.
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
Joined: Nov 2, 2009
  • Threads: 221
  • Posts: 11677
June 18th, 2019 at 8:51:34 AM permalink
Quote: avianrandy

I was playing that trainer a minute ago and noticed if you draw to 21 with an Ace in your hand it will still let you hit. I had A,4,6 and hit and got an A and the correct strategy advice. I guess I am used to the casino not letting you hit when you reach 21. Guess I am still trying to wake up lol



There was some BJ variant that Wiz said it was correct to double on BJ. I forget when, it was many years ago.
All animals are equal, but some are more equal than others
FleaStiff
FleaStiff
Joined: Oct 19, 2009
  • Threads: 264
  • Posts: 14390
October 2nd, 2019 at 3:06:36 PM permalink
PRESENT STATUS:

Still doing poorly with Basic Strategy. Getting many right but its mostly guesswork.
Gave up on Pai Gow Tiles.

Housing: Still in the county poorhouse. Will meet with a social worker next week for my Emergency Section 8 application but its just paperwork. Without Section 8, they won't evict me from the poorhouse, they just make me pay the full rent on my own plus utilities which works out to about $224.00 deficit per month. Food is extra but I have almost 35 pounds of beans and five ponds of rice stockpiled.

Food Stamps: If I have to pay full rent my food stamps go from $15.00 a month to $18.00 a month.

Food Bank: I've been reduced from two bags of junk food to one bag of junk food one day a month.

Meals On Wheels: I still get MoW deliveries but am scheduled for re-certification next week sometime.

Medical: Was handing someone a loaf of Wonder bread and lost my balance, but they saw I was in trouble and grabbed my arm.

Will get opened up tomorrow and IF they think it can be done they will insert a new catheter through the fifteen year old stent that is 99% occluded.
DRich
DRich
Joined: Jul 6, 2012
  • Threads: 71
  • Posts: 6009
October 2nd, 2019 at 3:36:35 PM permalink
Quote: FleaStiff

PRESENT STATUS:

Still doing poorly with Basic Strategy. Getting many right but its mostly guesswork.
Gave up on Pai Gow Tiles.

Housing: Still in the county poorhouse. Will meet with a social worker next week for my Emergency Section 8 application but its just paperwork. Without Section 8, they won't evict me from the poorhouse, they just make me pay the full rent on my own plus utilities which works out to about $224.00 deficit per month. Food is extra but I have almost 35 pounds of beans and five ponds of rice stockpiled.

Food Stamps: If I have to pay full rent my food stamps go from $15.00 a month to $18.00 a month.

Food Bank: I've been reduced from two bags of junk food to one bag of junk food one day a month.

Meals On Wheels: I still get MoW deliveries but am scheduled for re-certification next week sometime.

Medical: Was handing someone a loaf of Wonder bread and lost my balance, but they saw I was in trouble and grabbed my arm.

Will get opened up tomorrow and IF they think it can be done they will insert a new catheter through the fifteen year old stent that is 99% occluded.



Good luck tomorrow with your medical procedure.

Are you saying that you only get $15 a month in food stamps? Or, are you saying that you have to pay $15?
Living longer does not always infer +EV
FleaStiff
FleaStiff
Joined: Oct 19, 2009
  • Threads: 264
  • Posts: 14390
October 2nd, 2019 at 4:17:22 PM permalink
Quote: DRich

Good luck tomorrow with your medical procedure.

Thanks. I have to give them a Living Will upon arrival so it must be a bit dicey.

>>>>>>Are you saying that you only get $15 a month in food stamps?
Yes.
GWAE
GWAE
Joined: Sep 20, 2013
  • Threads: 93
  • Posts: 9854
Thanks for this post from:
MaxPen
October 2nd, 2019 at 5:17:57 PM permalink
Quote: FleaStiff

Thanks. I have to give them a Living Will upon arrival so it must be a bit dicey.

>>>>>>Are you saying that you only get $15 a month in food stamps?
Yes.



wishing you the best. Please update us when you can just to let us know you are alive. Even if you cant type a lot, it will be nice to know that you made it through.
Expect the worst and you will never be disappointed. I AM NOT PART OF GWAE RADIO SHOW
mcallister3200
mcallister3200
Joined: Dec 29, 2013
  • Threads: 15
  • Posts: 2193
October 2nd, 2019 at 5:46:25 PM permalink
Ditto what gwae and drich said, wishing you positive variance on your procedure.
beachbumbabs
Administrator
beachbumbabs
Joined: May 21, 2013
  • Threads: 99
  • Posts: 14222
October 2nd, 2019 at 6:53:01 PM permalink
Quote: mcallister3200

Ditto what gwae and drich said, wishing you positive variance on your procedure.



Good luck with your procedure.

In caretaking my mother they have insisted on Living Will /DNR/medical surrogacy/medical POA forms with each new doctor or the same doc, new year. So I would not in itself, attach a dreadfull anxiety to them asking for one in this particular case, though I doubt it will be pleasant or painless.

How is it possible that you only qualify for $15 a month in food stamps?
If the House lost every hand, they wouldn't deal the game.
FleaStiff
FleaStiff
Joined: Oct 19, 2009
  • Threads: 264
  • Posts: 14390
October 2nd, 2019 at 7:10:50 PM permalink
Quote: beachbumbabs

How is it possible that you only qualify for $15 a month in food stamps?

Beats me but two social workers checked into it. I still think its an error but with my batting average in the Luck department, I guess I should be happy about it.
GWAE
GWAE
Joined: Sep 20, 2013
  • Threads: 93
  • Posts: 9854
October 2nd, 2019 at 7:29:33 PM permalink
Quote: beachbumbabs

Good luck with your procedure.

In caretaking my mother they have insisted on Living Will /DNR/medical surrogacy/medical POA forms with each new doctor or the same doc, new year. So I would not in itself, attach a dreadfull anxiety to them asking for one in this particular case, though I doubt it will be pleasant or painless.

How is it possible that you only qualify for $15 a month in food stamps?



there is a billing code for that which is why everyone requests/talks about it. The docs are making some extra money for it.
Expect the worst and you will never be disappointed. I AM NOT PART OF GWAE RADIO SHOW

  • Jump to: