I had to vote for the good guy.
beachbumbabs
Administrator
beachbumbabs
  • Threads: 77
June 9th, 2017 at 2:24:13 AM permalink
Quote: MaxPen

I had to vote for the good guy.

Well, after that great story you told...yeah.

I'd much rather sit at a table like yours, even without the chip flips, with the guy winning, than to see him lose. But he was a sport either way it went, so he got his money's worth, I guess.

I leave tables with jerks, bullies, and whiners. Life's too short. If I were ap'ing, though, I'd have to stay, because the more they pule, the better cover it is for me.

I'd guess the latter would explain at least some of the votes you're getting, OP.
"If the house lost every hand, they wouldn't deal the game."
Joeman
Joeman
  • Threads: 21
Thanks for this post from:
smoothgrh
June 9th, 2017 at 5:14:50 AM permalink
Quote: smoothgrh

I prefer not to be in the presence of assholes, regardless of their outcomes, so I pick the nice guy winning. Joy to the world!

My thoughts exactly, Mr. Smooth!

Although, if there is a Jackwagon at my table, I do prefer that he get waxed, but only because he will leave (hopefully) when he is busted.
"Dealer has 'rock'... Pay 'paper!'"
standbymyman
standbymyman
  • Threads: 1
June 9th, 2017 at 8:30:50 AM permalink
Wanted to vote for jerk lose but not an option.
Calder
Calder
  • Threads: 5
June 9th, 2017 at 6:42:18 PM permalink
But there's a problem with this poll: the question of self-awareness.

Do JackWangs know they're JackWangs?

If not, is it not possible some JackWangs have voted against themselves here?
DJTeddyBear
DJTeddyBear
  • Threads: 162
June 9th, 2017 at 9:51:29 PM permalink
Quote: standbymyman

Wanted to vote for jerk lose but not an option.

That would be the first optionů
Superstitions are silly, childish, irrational rituals, born out of fear of the unknown. But how much does it cost to knock on wood? Note that the same could be said for Religion. I.E. Religion is nothing more than organized superstition.
Romes
Romes
  • Threads: 26
June 9th, 2017 at 11:37:07 PM permalink
Quote: Maverick17

...Which would you enjoy watching more? and why?

I'm really surprised to see so many say lose... I'm one for a nice cold revenge on people who deserve it, but I'd MUCH rather see a nice guy win.

One, the world needs more nice people in general. Having some "small" emotional justice in having the nice guy have a good day/night just feels like karma the way it 'should' work.

Two, if I'm playing with the guy, and he can't lose, there would be "some" co-variance involved that would probably mean I'm winning as well. If playing a carny game such as UTH, if he's winning every hand then the dealer would more than likely be missing a lot of the boards. BJ... the dealer "probably" would be busting a bit more often at least. While there's of course no guarantee, there's a SMALL chance that if he's winning EVERY hand that the table he's at is also winning.

Three, most of the time when a-holes lose, they start to berate the dealer. I, of course, will not allow this and it often takes the heat from the dealer to me... Which I'm not concerned with as I've fought for 10+ years and if he swings first it's literally on camera and if he's an a-hole everyone will agree with my story. A-holes that lose just turn up their a-hole meter to a whole new level. I'm not one for "feelings" and "flow" but I'd much rather be more zen/peaceful around nice people than toxic a-holes.
Playing it correctly means you've already won.
billryan
billryan
  • Threads: 67
June 10th, 2017 at 1:47:27 AM permalink
There are other players at the table? I tend not to notice. Unless someone is offending me personally, I tend to relegate them to little more than white noise.
It's what you do and not what you say If you're not part of the future then get out of the way
qtazzert
qtazzert
  • Threads: 0
June 10th, 2017 at 2:09:24 AM permalink
tv movies
onenickelmiracle
onenickelmiracle
  • Threads: 132
June 10th, 2017 at 2:35:18 AM permalink
The Wicked never die, not much hope for them losing.
Looks like sh!t just got imaginary!

• Jump to: