WatchMeWin
WatchMeWin
  • Threads: 105
March 17th, 2017 at 5:36:44 AM permalink
As you may already know, an ANONYMOUS sender mailed a copy of Donald's 2005 tax returns... well, just 2 pages of it.. to a reporter.

It just keeps getting better and better with all of the BS he pulls off. So entertaining, yet despicable that our president continuously uses his ruthless and outlandish tactics in attempt to deflect attention on issues unfavorable to him, while trying to con the public into believing he is the greatest man that every walked the earth.

I say 'John Miller' leaked it!
'Winners hit n run... Losers stick around'
WatchMeWin
WatchMeWin
March 17th, 2017 at 6:22:12 AM permalink
Here is what went down as I see it:

The Dems are all over Trump's Russian connection. Donald can't figure out for the life of him how they found out about the meetings. He says to his peeps ..'They had to have been tapping my building! There is no other way they would have known... because it did happen god damnit! . Im putting out a tweet and claiming Obama Wiretapped my ass. This should deflect some attention back on them'.

Then his kids say, 'You know what, this tax return shit isn't going away either Daddy'. Then Donald says ' Don't worry, Ill handle it. Lets get just two pages of my returns from the only year I paid real taxes and made a lot of money. Ill make sure the media sees it ANONYMOUSLY and it will make me look like a rock star, a brilliant business man who must be so smart because he made a lot of money.... but do not, I said DO NOT make any other returns public or I will be fried'.

The kids say, 'Daddy you are soooo smart! We will even send out some tweets saying that from this tweet, the public should know how brilliant a business many you are even though it is Fake News in the first place. Brilliant Daddy! BTW, we have more projects going up in Internationally but we will make sure the public doesn't think that you will benefit from it Daddy!'

Cmon Man!
beachbumbabs
beachbumbabs
  • Threads: 100
March 17th, 2017 at 8:31:03 AM permalink
No question he leaked it himself. Petty, vindictive, possibly insane, and all the power of US military and intelligence services available to him? Nobody close enough to him to have access to it would dare.

Also, the 1040 is nearly meaningless without the supporting documentation. The questions are, with what foreign nationals does he do business and in which countries, what companies does he own or invest in that have significant government oversight, contracts, or questionable principals (executives, not ethos, though that could be important as well), are his previous disclosures and claims backed up by his tax returns, things like that.

Really disappointed in both the media and the Republicans for not insisting on full disclosure. People forget in so many ways the guy volunteered to run. Serving as President comes at a high price, and I just don't get why those who could don't make him pay it.

He's going to spend more in a year on bs travel between the NYC nonsense and running away every weekend to Palm Beach (let alone what the kids cost), than the budget of all those agencies EB listed combined. And no, that's not an exaggeration. My tax dollars are flying his ass around instead of paying for things I think govt should be doing and that benefit hundreds of millions of people here and abroad.

Don't even get me started on him doubling the club dues and socializing with the richie riches who pay him PERSONALLY for access. Whoring out the Presidency...

Arggghhh . /rant.
If the House lost every hand, they wouldn't deal the game.
SOOPOO
SOOPOO
  • Threads: 122
March 17th, 2017 at 1:30:43 PM permalink
Quote: beachbumbabs

No question he leaked it himself. Petty, vindictive, possibly insane, and all the power of US military and intelligence services available to him? Nobody close enough to him to have access to it would dare.

Also, the 1040 is nearly meaningless without the supporting documentation. The questions are, with what foreign nationals does he do business and in which countries, what companies does he own or invest in that have significant government oversight, contracts, or questionable principals (executives, not ethos, though that could be important as well), are his previous disclosures and claims backed up by his tax returns, things like that.

Really disappointed in both the media and the Republicans for not insisting on full disclosure. People forget in so many ways the guy volunteered to run. Serving as President comes at a high price, and I just don't get why those who could don't make him pay it.

He's going to spend more in a year on bs travel between the NYC nonsense and running away every weekend to Palm Beach (let alone what the kids cost), than the budget of all those agencies EB listed combined. And no, that's not an exaggeration. My tax dollars are flying his ass around instead of paying for things I think govt should be doing and that benefit hundreds of millions of people here and abroad.

Don't even get me started on him doubling the club dues and socializing with the richie riches who pay him PERSONALLY for access. Whoring out the Presidency...

Arggghhh . /rant.

I agree it is most likely that he leaked his own 'tax return'. He must have picked a year where he paid the most taxes. Too coincidental that only two pages released, and 38 million paid. He played Madcow like a fiddle.
As far as Republicans and the media "insisting" on full disclosure, what do you mean by "insisting'? The media and the Republicans do not make the rules, the American people do, and they voted him in despite knowing full well he had not disclosed his tax information.
As far as the insane travel costs, you are correct. But any president incurs ridiculous costs, even when staying in DC. Last April I was in DC and was going to walk a few blocks to a restaurant. When I got to the first corner I was not allowed to cross the street. I was told Obama was going to a restaurant across town from the White House and his motorcade was going to be driving by. There were 'regular' cops lining the streets preventing people from crossing. Then a motorcycle group sped by, I think 8 motorcycles. Followed by a bunch of black sedans. Followed by a jeepish limo. Followed by more motorcycles. Followed by an ambulance. Followed by more black sedans. I asked the cop if I could assume that it was Obama in the limo. His answer was 1/3 chance, as this exact caravan was happening over 3 different routes, and he is not told if this one is the real presidential motorcade or one of the two false ones. I can only guess it costs well into the hundreds of thousands of dollars for him to go to dinner.
billryan
billryan
  • Threads: 240
March 17th, 2017 at 1:50:01 PM permalink
I've never seen a decoy motorcade in NY. They have multiple identical vehicles so you don't know which one to hit, but not multiple motorcades. Perhaps it is different in DC, but I'd imagine the officer was feeding you alternative facts.
The difference between fiction and reality is that fiction is supposed to make sense.
WatchMeWin
WatchMeWin
March 17th, 2017 at 2:15:56 PM permalink
As Ive said many times , Trump is a sophisticated con artist. He knows how to manipulate and deceive. He is very good... maybe one of the best at fabricating, bullying, and manipulating. Much of his wealth has come from this and inheritance. It is what it is. Remember he said 'Im like, a really smart guy'. Who says that? lol He is better off having his alias PR folks say it for him... oh yea, he does. John Miller!
rxwine
rxwine
  • Threads: 212
March 17th, 2017 at 2:17:28 PM permalink
I don't expect the President to be unusually frugal but securing BOTH Trump Tower And Mar-a-Lago doesn't demonstrate much concern over how he spends tax dollars. Substituting at least one of those for a less expensive secure site would show some concern for reasonable fiscal responsibility.

But no one expects that!
There's no secret. Just know what you're talking about before you open your mouth.
WatchMeWin
WatchMeWin
March 17th, 2017 at 2:22:05 PM permalink
Remember... to catch the thief, you have to think like the thief. This is why Donald is always a step ahead. He is a con and knows how to get around the system and get his way. Master bully and manipulator. Look how well he kept his exes from talking bad about him.
RS
RS
  • Threads: 62
March 17th, 2017 at 2:23:40 PM permalink
TLDR: Trump paid $38M in taxes in 2005, when all the lefties thought he hadn't paid any taxes.

Good thread.
WatchMeWin
WatchMeWin
March 17th, 2017 at 2:26:48 PM permalink
Quote: RS

TLDR: Trump paid $38M in taxes in 2005, when all the lefties thought he hadn't paid any taxes.

Good thread.

Exactly what he wants everyone to be saying and thinking.. he got you too man! Lets see what he has to show for the other 30 plus years.
beachbumbabs
beachbumbabs
  • Threads: 100
March 17th, 2017 at 8:10:34 PM permalink
Quote: rxwine

I don't expect the President to be unusually frugal but securing BOTH Trump Tower And Mar-a-Lago doesn't demonstrate much concern over how he spends tax dollars. Substituting at least one of those for a less expensive secure site would show some concern for reasonable fiscal responsibility.

But no one expects that!

Exactly. There is the White House, the Residence, Camp David. There is the enormous cost of keeping those secure 24/7. Most Presidents had another place they would visit 1-2 x per year for a few weeks. Cali for Reagan, ME for Bush 41, Texas for Bush 43, Hawaii for Obama, etc.

Trump is a whole other issue and could care less what it costs, both in taxes and in impact around him. Central NYC is a complete mess near and in the Trump Tower, with hundreds of businesses constrained or customers inconvenienced to the point of no longer going there. Airports adjacent to Palm Beach have been shut down so often the small operators on them are going bankrupt.

Just a couple of examples that illustrate the difference between Trump and all other recent Presidents; he lives without consideration of those he was elected to serve.

Given his lack of any depth of knowledge on anything, I can't believe he has any idea what any of the agencies he's trying to eliminate do or what problem they were created to solve. He's just signing off on somebody else's list, probably Bannon.

See from :33 to 1:33 below for how that relationship seems to be working.

Last edited by: beachbumbabs on Mar 17, 2017
If the House lost every hand, they wouldn't deal the game.
RonC
RonC
  • Threads: 40
March 18th, 2017 at 2:42:29 AM permalink
I hear all the blathering about Trump having set Maddow up all over the place...but only a few of those who write that have said much about why the hell she let herself be set up in such a way. She's brilliant and has a great education, but this time she let her hatred get the best of her. She spent twenty minutes weaving a tale of how horrible Trump is...and closed the deal with something that proved absolutely nothing of the sort.

This stunt gained her a huge audience...everyone was paying attention...but when you make an ass out of yourself in front of a great audience, it means a lot of people will see you in a light that is not particularly flattering.

Just a plan stupid decision. You want people to watch you. You want people to believe you. People that don't believe you are less likely to watch you.

Wait until you have the damning evidence before you report that you have damning evidence...
RS
RS
  • Threads: 62
March 18th, 2017 at 3:32:52 AM permalink
Wasn't she the dude who was crying on election night?
ams288
ams288
  • Threads: 22
March 18th, 2017 at 8:51:42 AM permalink
Quote: RS

Wasn't she the dude who was crying on election night?

Nope.
Ding Dong the Witch is Dead
RonC
RonC
Thanked by
OnceDear
March 18th, 2017 at 9:40:09 AM permalink
Quote: RonC

Wait until you have the damning evidence before you report that you have damning evidence...

Just to be clear...that goes for everyone else that tweets and builds up stupid allegations with no evidence, including the President.
gamerfreak
gamerfreak
  • Threads: 57
March 18th, 2017 at 9:53:51 AM permalink

Just to be clear...that goes for everyone else that tweets and builds up stupid allegations with no evidence, including the President.

So how bout that wiretapping evidence?
RonC
RonC
March 18th, 2017 at 11:03:30 AM permalink
Quote: gamerfreak

So how bout that wiretapping evidence?

Do you listen but not hear? I think it is perfectly clear how I feel about it and this is just an attempt to get me to defend something that is indefensible.

In case you didn't get it or have not read what I've posted, I'll try to make it a bit clearer for you:

--Trump should not tweet. Ever.

--People should not make accusations without evidence. Trump included.

--I have never seen evidence of the wiretapping claim; so the tweets should not have been made.

--People should not threaten to kill other people, even in parody form. Nugent, Madonna, Snoopy...all of them...

I am still glad Hillary Clinton is not President. That does not mean I have to like or endorse everything that President Trump does. Only a mindless moron would be in favor of everything people representing their party (including the President) do in Washington or in any state, county, or municipal government.
rxwine
rxwine
  • Threads: 212
March 18th, 2017 at 12:25:34 PM permalink
The way I see it.

Maddow makes a questionable presentation on TV.
Trump makes many.

As soon as Trump gets out of the various holes he digs himself into it might be a fair fight.
There's no secret. Just know what you're talking about before you open your mouth.
gamerfreak
gamerfreak
  • Threads: 57
March 18th, 2017 at 2:23:21 PM permalink

Do you listen but not hear? I think it is perfectly clear how I feel about it and this is just an attempt to get me to defend something that is indefensible.

I got what you said, wasn't trying to argue - just bringing up a subject along the same lines.
Paradigm
Paradigm
  • Threads: 42
March 18th, 2017 at 5:43:49 PM permalink
So good...Why Did The Chicken...

And more from Colbert....Is this News or a Reality Show?

Seriously, I don't care what side of the discussion you fall on...this is Baldwin on Trump or McCarthy on Spicer type quality comedy (which is also hilarious)...hopefully the MadCow can laugh at herself after this went down...not the finest journalistic moment despite all that Twitter Hype....must have been giddy that afternoon/evening before going on the air...and then the whole world is laughing at you.

Sort of an Election Night repeat for Rachel...it looked like it was going to be such a wonderful night for her and 8 hours later...a total nightmare!

Pure entertainment, as always, from TRMC.
  • Jump to: