SAMIAM
SAMIAM
  • Threads: 0
August 29th, 2016 at 5:26:42 PM permalink
Mike is probably familiar with Pollock Johnnys's on the BLOCK in Baltimore. Yes, that's the name, poltical correctness can go to hell.
They used to have a eating Polish Sausage on a hot dog roll eating contest annually back in the 70's. Usually some guy that weighed 350-400 pounds would one. Except one year, a stripper who weighed 130 lbs won it. WHO KNEW ???
Boz
Boz
  • Threads: 155
August 29th, 2016 at 5:43:59 PM permalink
Quote: SAMIAM

Mike is probably familiar with Pollock Johnnys's on the BLOCK in Baltimore. Yes, that's the name, poltical correctness can go to hell.
They used to have a eating Polish Sausage on a hot dog roll eating contest annually back in the 70's. Usually some guy that weighed 350-400 pounds would one. Except one year, a stripper who weighed 130 lbs won it. WHO KNEW ???

Black widow Sonya Thomas wins contests still.
SM777
SM777
  • Threads: 6
August 29th, 2016 at 5:54:27 PM permalink
This is sad.
Boz
Boz
  • Threads: 155
August 29th, 2016 at 6:14:07 PM permalink
Quote: SM777

This is sad.

Short post. Can you explain why you feel this way. Judging those who attempt this Challange? Those who bet on it?

Not judging your response but would like to see it expanded upon.
TomG
TomG
  • Threads: 16
August 29th, 2016 at 9:09:14 PM permalink
Quote: SOOPOO

I think he has been quite straightforward with the group, and he expects to knock off whatever number is agreed to.

I am looking at it as compensation for enduring an attempt at 200 McNuggets rather than much of a risk. There has been enough of a discussion for me to commit to Mike's date of September 25th. Open to most any time and location. Is 20 for $5 still available at most of them?
TomG
TomG
August 29th, 2016 at 9:10:21 PM permalink
Quote: Wizardofnothing

I think I may be in for the 167- what are you looking to bet?

I would put up $100 to win $150
TomG
TomG
August 29th, 2016 at 9:17:11 PM permalink
Quote: GWAE

For the betting. Say I take under 125 and you vomit at 198, do I win or lose? Does a reversal of fortune make all lines a win or is a win for you once you cross the barrier?

Could set a time limit of 10 minutes or something.
onenickelmiracle
onenickelmiracle
  • Threads: 212
August 29th, 2016 at 10:15:23 PM permalink
Quote: TomG

I am looking at it as compensation for enduring an attempt at 200 McNuggets rather than much of a risk. There has been enough of a discussion for me to commit to Mike's date of September 25th. Open to most any time and location. Is 20 for $5 still available at most of them?

How much extra money on food a month is it costing to prepare? Sounds like quite an investment.
I am a robot.
Wizard
Administrator
Wizard 
  • Threads: 1392
September 5th, 2016 at 1:29:26 PM permalink
Tom has let me know he will do a McNugget challenge on 9/25. The purpose of this post is to start a discussion on the time and place. Tom says he is flexible on both.

Regarding the time, some members may be coming into town that day for the Global Gaming Expo, so I think we should do something around dinner time, to give more people a chance to come. I'm going to just throw out there 6:00 PM. Afterward, those who are so inclined can go out for dinner somewhere.

Regarding the venue, I am pretty firm that we should not return to our traditional spot at the D, because they chased us out last time for doing a video. Here are a few other suggestions:

1. The Plaza. Near the front there is a large open space with a few fast food places along the walls. Kind of like how indoor malls put their fast food places in one area with common seating for all of them.

Pros: Plenty of space, lots of choices of places to eat afterward, and other activities to do downtown.
Cons: I don't that that McDonald's feel -- It will not look as cinematic on video.

2. The one just south of Circus Circus.

Pros: Huge. A very iconic McDonalds. As I recall, it has a sports theme with video monitors inside. For a McDonalds, it looks very modern.
Cons: A bit geographically inconvenient. I'm not going to be very enthusiastic about eating at Circus afterward. It is about half way between the Encore and SLS so either would be about a 15 minute walk. It is very close to my favorite Mexican food in Vegas, Tacos el Gordo, but think it might be a bit too authentic for some members.

3. The one between the Venetian and Harrah's.

Pros: Very convenient geographically.
Cons: It is small, crowded, and noisy. I could picture a group of us drawing attention and getting kicked out. As I vaguely recall, they hire security, probably to keep bums from using the bathrooms for free.

Of the three, my preference is #2.

At this point I would like to open it up for discussion of those who wish to go. Also, please let me know if you're able to make it.
It's not whether you win or lose; it's whether or not you had a good bet.
Greasyjohn
Greasyjohn
  • Threads: 134
September 5th, 2016 at 1:43:02 PM permalink
Quote: PokerGrinder

Sorry I have to call bull, 200 is not possible.

Andre The Giant could do it.

• Jump to: