beachbumbabs
Administrator
beachbumbabs
  • Threads: 99
May 24th, 2017 at 3:17:55 PM permalink
Quote: Romes

So you're saying they don't "program in" those 16 cases. Instead they must program in the symbols, and thus the RNG that selects from there wouldn't be able to add scenarios that aren't available via the natural symbols/result set (i.e. 16 results above). From a programmers perspective, it would just be so easy to add literally a couple lines of code that buffers lower amounts in more often. Then again these machines should fail testing at that point. Thanks for the info, was just curious.

Here's how I was told it's done (in general). I could easily be wrong or out-of-date.

1. A paytable is developed that indicates all symbols that will win and their payoff odds. This would include a line for all non-winning spins which offsets wins and determines the aggregate return to player percentage. A paytable could have 1 to dozens of winning combinations, but it's a finite amount.

2. An RNG is programmed to provide a random number between 0 and 1, to however many places necessary to provide the correct proportions needed to accurately reflect the desired paytable. For example, .1 would provide 10 different choices (including 1), .01 would provide 100, etc. I think they take this to 7-8 digits in simpler machines.

3. Individual numbers and/or ranges of numbers are mapped to results in proportions that reflect the desired paytable. (Simplified:single line, no bonus) Say you have 10000 possible results cycling (.0001 thru 1.0000), and the instant a player hits the spin button, one of those is selected.

Some ways of translating those numbers to results:

You want your player to get a 1 for 1 payout 10% of the time. So you program that any RNG result starting with .2xxx will result in a 1 for 1 win. That will map to the display to show any result that gives that win. If there's more than one symbol that gives that payout, there's a second random number selected that will pick the display you see, each on a subroutine.

You want your player to get a 3 for 1 payout 3% of the time. You program (before the game is in use) a list of 300 numbers that, when RNG selected, will result in a display matching the paytable symbol(s) winning 3 for 1. The subroutine would store the list of preselected numbers.

You want your top award to hit 1 in 10000 times. You assign a single number (1.0000) that, when generated by the RNG, will map to the jackpot subroutine being displayed.

It'd be a series of if...then statements checking for conditions that match the RNG number to a result. The "then" would point to a "goto" which would direct the graphic display, audio cues, payout meter, etc. "If x =false" would "else" to the next if...then statement. When all the if...then's = false, the last "else" would likely go to a non-winning display subroutine.

Hope that made sense and answered the question I think you're asking. The results map in percentages that reflect the paytable values and desired frequency or "hit rate" of each to reach a total RTP.
If the House lost every hand, they wouldn't deal the game.
monet0412
monet0412
  • Threads: 9
July 9th, 2017 at 9:20:40 AM permalink
One down... One more to go!

pingpangpong
pingpangpong
  • Threads: 1
December 5th, 2017 at 8:05:00 PM permalink
So before I got all "Hot Sucker" on my thread... Jumping Off A Cliff... and deleted the original post I had this Jackpot Picture listed along with all the others. For the Record I did have a picture of my new/used Jeep on that thread as well so not all of my pictures are of Jackpots.

I found this play a few weeks ago at a place I play. The Progressive starts at 1600 and when I cruised by I noticed it was over 4k. If you know anything about this game you know the meter is .5% and it is a 2 coin game and usually doesn't get past 1700 or 1800. I didn't put many hours on it... about 5 to 6 hours total. My wife actually hit it in about 30 mins because we had to go over there before midnight to pick up something. So while we were there and she didn't have to work the next day I put her on this game to get Reel Play on her account which is always a good thing if you know what your doing no matter what these Real Pros tell you.

After talking to some people over there I found out they added cash to the jackpot as usual when they closed another machine. I guess they did that to a few others. I know of 2 games over there now way over the needed amount to be positive but it could take you months of spinning before it pays off. I guess there was some other Reel Game over there that starts at 20k or 25k and they added enough money to put it up to 75k... I missed that one but the story is that two guys were hammering it and eventually hit it making a nice score. Depressing that I didn't notice that because as some of you know the best way to AP sometimes is to Monkey See Monkey Do.

When she hit the Jackpot and it started to play the Jackpot Song I was impressed. It was a song that I have listened to all my life and I still find it catchy. I put this information up here because I think you would be hard pressed to find this game and perhaps this is the last machine in town.

Does anyone know the Jackpot Song it plays when you line up all the Double Monets?

Last edited by: pingpangpong on Dec 5, 2017
RogerKint
RogerKint
  • Threads: 15
December 5th, 2017 at 8:51:11 PM permalink
Quote: pingpangpong

Does anyone know the Jackpot Song it plays when you line up all the Double Monets?

"Crazy" by Gnarls Barkley?
100% risk of ruin
pingpangpong
pingpangpong
  • Threads: 1
December 5th, 2017 at 9:03:58 PM permalink
Quote: RogerKint

"Crazy" by Gnarls Barkley?

I'm getting old I had to look up who that was. Too recent way too recent. I'm not so sure you were serious. Perhaps a knock or inside joke. Crazy by Patsy Cline would be closer to the era.

Honestly though APing in general and running all over town to pick up FP and comps and maintain levels can make you goofy or crazy at times. Especially if you do it mostly alone it can spin out of control and drive you mad. It also can become addictive and can get silly when one month they give you 600 a week and the next month they drop you to 50 a week. It's a crazy game for sure. Even Doyle Brunson always says in his interviews that you have to have a screw loose to gamble at higher levels or gamble for a living in general. I don't recommend this type of way to earn a living for anyone but I do have some I say some solid advice for those who are serious and wish to pursue it.

Edit: Ok so I checked out the song and video on Youtube. I have heard that song. I admit it is better than most recent modern songs but it certainly has to be some sort of an inside joke that your posting here because I am pretty sure you and I know that that song would never be on an old reel machine like this one. I also admit the Ink Blot Test Video was good enough for what the guy is singing about. I'd prefer to hear that song over most of the songs the Palms has recently played in the last 4 months or so. I swear they have 12 songs on repeat and I really never heard them anywhere else. They must be some Disco or Club Music these days... I really am getting old.
Last edited by: pingpangpong on Dec 5, 2017

• Jump to: