Face
Administrator
Face
  • Threads: 49
February 3rd, 2015 at 3:23:14 PM permalink
Quote: beachbumbabs

I read somewhere urine is sterile. Made me feel much better about those who don't wash after.

I guess I shouldn't inform you of the mechanics behind male urination, then. It would spoil the illusion ;)

Anyone remember the old cloth hand driers? It was like a towel sewn in a loop. Pull down and "new" towel came out, but it was just previously used towel being circulated?
The opinions of this moderator are for entertainment purposes only.
7star4now
7star4now
  • Threads: 33
February 3rd, 2015 at 3:23:54 PM permalink
Would You Rather Touch A Steering Wheel Or A Toilet Seat?
Read more at http://www.inquisitr.com/1291419/would-you-rather-touch-a-steering-wheel-or-a-toilet-seat/#7dHvGACIXWwGKMXT.99
EvenBob
EvenBob
  • Threads: 434
February 3rd, 2015 at 3:33:07 PM permalink
Mythbusters to the rescue. They found paper towels
were far better than air dryers for removing bacteria.
"It's not enough to succeed, your friends must fail." Gore Vidal
FleaStiff
FleaStiff
  • Threads: 265
February 3rd, 2015 at 3:33:40 PM permalink
Penny Wise: Pound Foolish.

They annoy customers by being so cheap, put their customers in a super-cheap mode of thinking and someone with moist hands transfers germs far too easily for such a penny pinching attitude to persist in an establishment full of various eateries and chips.
BoulderDamIt
BoulderDamIt
  • Threads: 0
February 3rd, 2015 at 3:42:41 PM permalink
Quote: beachbumbabs

I read somewhere urine is sterile. Made me feel much better about those who don't wash after.

It's sterile to you, not to others.
EvenBob
EvenBob
  • Threads: 434
February 3rd, 2015 at 3:44:23 PM permalink
Quote: BoulderDamIt

It's sterile to you, not to others.

It's sterile when it leaves your body, but
goes bad pretty fast.
"It's not enough to succeed, your friends must fail." Gore Vidal
Dieter
Administrator
Dieter
  • Threads: 9
February 3rd, 2015 at 3:49:42 PM permalink
Quote: Face

It was like a towel sewn in a loop. Pull down and "new" towel came out, but it was just previously used towel being circulated?

It's not a loop. There's a clean roll and a dirty roll. As you pull down, new towel comes off the clean roll, and a gear mechanism winds the dirty towel onto the other roll.

More like a cassette tape, less like an 8-track.

Those cloth towel thingies did need to have the towels taken out and laundered from time to time, typically by commercial laundry companies (like do uniforms & floor mats).
May the cards fall in your favor.
Boz
Boz
  • Threads: 155
February 3rd, 2015 at 5:33:32 PM permalink
Quote: FleaStiff

They annoy customers by being so cheap, put their customers in a super-cheap mode of thinking and someone with moist hands transfers germs far too easily for such a penny pinching attitude to persist in an establishment full of various eateries and chips.

Cheap??? How the hell do you please everyone? I don't even know what you mean by "various eateries and chips", but I have not had many complaints about not having towels (less than 3). My customer base is very multi generational from young hipsters who love my craft selection (simple pitch here, 30 drafts, over 200 bottles of craft beer) to older customers out for a nice casual dinner, to families where dad and mom can have a beer while enjoying 2 pizzas for $19.99. They all use the restroom and my Dyson Air dryers. I offer a hand sanitation station outside the bathroom and do not offer towels. We can argue the merits of germs from all offerings but in the real world, keeping customers safe, which we do according to PA Food Code, is all that matters.

If you have facts that change things in the REAL world, please send them to the PA Dept of Ag and they will perhaps discuss changing the law. If you are not sure how to contact them, please PM me for an address or use Google.

Meanwhile I am saving money and saving the Planet!
RS
RS
  • Threads: 62
February 3rd, 2015 at 5:50:26 PM permalink
Hate the environment. If it were up to me, I'd offer plastic towels.
Gandler
Gandler
  • Threads: 32
February 3rd, 2015 at 10:40:21 PM permalink
Quote: FleaStiff

If they dry their hands properly they will not be moist.

I don't think most people have a significant problem with them. (Until this thread I have never even heard anyone complain about their presence).

• Jump to: