terapined
terapined
Joined: Dec 1, 2012
  • Threads: 88
  • Posts: 5898
January 25th, 2015 at 1:25:11 PM permalink
Quote: Gandler

But Bush for sure will dominate the Hispanic vote.



The biggest hurdle will be the primaries and the tea party.
A candidate like Cruz will hammer Bush on Immigration.
Cruz wont be afraid to say "Deport them all"
Bush is exactly the type of candidate Cruz and the Tea party don't trust and will campaign against in the Primaries.
Will the primary process force Bush to take a hard stand and lose the Hispanic vote?
Cruz plays hard ball. He'll go for the jugular.
WOV supports censorship. Bring back free speech challenging lies.
Twirdman
Twirdman
Joined: Jun 5, 2013
  • Threads: 0
  • Posts: 1004
January 25th, 2015 at 1:37:08 PM permalink
Quote: Gandler

Jeb Bush and Rand Paul can both offer a lot as far as bringing in new voter groups into the Party. But Bush for sure will dominate the Hispanic vote.



I don't see why you would think this. Jeb Bush will most likely get similar numbers of hispanic voters as his brother George got even as an incumbent in 2004 George only got 45 and in 2000 he managed 35%. Will he do better then most other candidates most likely, will he do as well as his brother maybe, will he get a majority very unlikely.
Keyser
Keyser
Joined: Apr 16, 2010
  • Threads: 35
  • Posts: 2058
January 25th, 2015 at 2:08:50 PM permalink
I suspect that in the end, it's going to be a winning Romney/Rubio ticket.
beachbumbabs
Administrator
beachbumbabs
Joined: May 21, 2013
  • Threads: 99
  • Posts: 14232
January 25th, 2015 at 6:17:10 PM permalink
Quote: Keyser

I suspect that in the end, it's going to be a winning Romney/Rubio ticket.



Can't see this at all. Either the ticket, or the winning with it.

IMO, the ticket that can win is Bush/Christie. But neither will survive the primaries. So the Dems will win again.
If the House lost every hand, they wouldn't deal the game.
Twirdman
Twirdman
Joined: Jun 5, 2013
  • Threads: 0
  • Posts: 1004
January 25th, 2015 at 6:29:38 PM permalink
Quote: Keyser

I suspect that in the end, it's going to be a winning Romney/Rubio ticket.



You honestly think Romney is going to win? Really one of the most robotic and out of touch politicians to run in who knows how long. In 2012 he was known as Romneybot 2.0. Is he going to upgrade to 3.0 maybe it will come with an emotion chip and a filter to prevent himself from sounding like a rich entitled douche?
Keyser
Keyser
Joined: Apr 16, 2010
  • Threads: 35
  • Posts: 2058
January 25th, 2015 at 6:38:47 PM permalink
Quote: beachbumbabs

Can't see this at all. Either the ticket, or the winning with it.



Rubio has to be part of the ticket in order to win more of the minority vote.
beachbumbabs
Administrator
beachbumbabs
Joined: May 21, 2013
  • Threads: 99
  • Posts: 14232
January 25th, 2015 at 6:51:59 PM permalink
Quote: Keyser

Rubio has to be part of the ticket in order to win more of the minority vote.



I don't think the minorities are less organized politically or as ignorant as they would have to be (or perhaps as you think they are) to vote blindly for Rubio. He's a shallow joke of a Senator who's done nothing of any consequence during his time as my representative (shudder). I don't see him getting through the gauntlet of being weighed for national office without his lightweight and hypocritical tendencies being exposed, much as Sarah Palin was.

Romney has the unmistakable stench of a big loser who satisfied no one in his party in suitability, stance, or electability. He's willing to re-write his personal history to blind himself to the reality that he's already been as close as he will ever come to being President. Part of what makes him un-electable is that he has this air of deserving to be elected without actually doing anything towards being credible in the job other than thinking he's divinely anointed.

I just don't see it.
If the House lost every hand, they wouldn't deal the game.
Intheknow
Intheknow
Joined: Jan 8, 2015
  • Threads: 0
  • Posts: 179
January 25th, 2015 at 6:54:56 PM permalink
Surprised Christie and the Revel are such a hot topic. Both are spoilers.

The "new" America is here. More government subsidies paid by shrinking middle class to a growing lower class. Soon we'll have 20% holding more then the other 80%.

Maybe it's me but something feels alot different about our country in the past 6 or so years. Maybe every State having casinos? Taxpayers working for public employees instead of the other way around? Maybe my old age?

  • Jump to: