Joeman
Joeman
  • Threads: 35
January 23rd, 2015 at 7:02:06 AM permalink
Quote: Boz

I doubt you are a GOPer if you think his weight is a reason for his not being electable.

This country hasn't elected a fat guy president since Taft!
"Dealer has 'rock'... Pay 'paper!'"
Boz
Boz
  • Threads: 155
January 23rd, 2015 at 7:31:03 AM permalink
Quote: Joeman

This country hasn't elected a fat guy president since Taft!

Once we move past 1st woman (2016), 1st gay man (2024), 1st black gay man (2032) and 1st black gay woman (2040), we might go back to a regular fat white guy...assuming we are still a country.
coachbelly
coachbelly
  • Threads: 1
January 23rd, 2015 at 8:13:55 AM permalink

I doubt you are a GOPer if you think his weight is a reason for his not being electable.

It's not about his weight, his weight is a manifestation of his emotional problems, which disqualify him.

The man obviously has serious behavioral issues, just look at how he acts like a kook in public.

He can't control himself, he's gone over the edge.

Think about it, how could he have gotten to 400 lbs? He said he ate too much. No kidding, ya think?

It's not like he was some shut in who sat around watching TV and eating all day...every day.
He was busy working. So what did he do, sit by himself late night and eat a whole pizza or two,
or maybe two dozen donuts for breakfast before heading into the office?

It's mind boggling.
Boz
Boz
  • Threads: 155
January 23rd, 2015 at 9:20:45 AM permalink
Quote: coachbelly

It's not about his weight, his weight is a manifestation of his emotional problems, which disqualify him.

The man obviously has serious behavioral issues, just look at how he acts like a kook in public.

He can't control himself, he's gone over the edge.

Think about it, how could he have gotten to 400 lbs? He said he ate too much. No kidding, ya think?

It's not like he was some shut in who sat around watching TV and eating all day...every day.
He was busy working. So what did he do, sit by himself late night and eat a whole pizza or two,
or maybe two dozen donuts for breakfast before heading into the office?

It's mind boggling.

A kook? I dont see it that way. I see someone willing to say what needs said and saying what makes common sense. When you do those things you are not always going to be popular. Too many politicians on both sides just say what they believe their base wants to hear. None of them want to deal with real issues for fear of not be re-elected or worse. He may not win, or may not even try, but to me it is refreshing to hear someone say what they believe. And believe it or not, I respect Bernie Sanders for the same thing. I may think his views make him a kook, but I respect his being honest.
Gandler
Gandler
  • Threads: 32
January 23rd, 2015 at 9:45:21 AM permalink

I doubt you are a GOPer if you think his weight is a reason for his not being electable. Tell us, who is your ideal GOP candidate? And who can beat Hillary??

I think anyone can beat Hillary.

But Jeb Bush or Rand Paul are both really good choices.

I also hate Christie, and his weight, though not the most urgent thing about him, does matter for political image purposes.
coachbelly
coachbelly
  • Threads: 1
January 23rd, 2015 at 10:57:56 AM permalink

A kook? I dont see it that way. I see someone willing to say what needs said and saying what makes common sense. When you do those things you are not always going to be popular. Too many politicians on both sides just say what they believe their base wants to hear. None of them want to deal with real issues for fear of not be re-elected or worse. He may not win, or may not even try, but to me it is refreshing to hear someone say what they believe. And believe it or not, I respect Bernie Sanders for the same thing. I may think his views make him a kook, but I respect his being honest.

Refreshing?...lying is refreshing? Lies need to be said? Why...to get elected?

You respect Bernie Sanders for being honest, that's fine. I don't respect Christie because he is dishonest.

That's how I see it.
terapined
terapined
  • Threads: 88
January 23rd, 2015 at 6:43:01 PM permalink
Quote: Gandler

I think anyone can beat Hillary.

Ok, interesting. Maybe you are right.
How does a republican candidate get to 270?
I just don't really see it due to how the electoral college is set up.
Which states will the Rebubs win that they lost to Obama in 2012?
Odds makers taking real money bets on this clearly have a democrat winning the White House.
How can all the numerous bookies have it so wrong?

http://www.oddschecker.com/politics/us-politics/us-presidential-election-2016/winner
http://www.oddschecker.com/politics/us-politics/us-presidential-election-2016/winning-party
WOV supports censorship. Bring back free speech challenging lies.
texasplumr
texasplumr
  • Threads: 13
January 23rd, 2015 at 6:47:49 PM permalink
Thanks for this.
Stupid is a choice
sc15
sc15
  • Threads: 11
January 24th, 2015 at 12:00:08 AM permalink
lol @ 100 to 1 on an independent winning.

I'd give anybody a million to 1 on that. It's basically impossible.
mickeycrimm
mickeycrimm
  • Threads: 62
January 24th, 2015 at 4:08:08 AM permalink
Quote: sc15

lol @ 100 to 1 on an independent winning.

I'd give anybody a million to 1 on that. It's basically impossible.

The only way for a third party to gain traction is they would have to become as corrupt as the Demopublicans who have been ruining this country for 150 years.
"Quit trying your luck and start trying your skill." Mickey Crimm

• Jump to: