RS
RS
Joined: Feb 11, 2014
  • Threads: 62
  • Posts: 8623
October 15th, 2014 at 2:14:47 AM permalink
Quote: Sabretom2

Unless you're 1 of the 68. Kinda sucks, they haven't worked long enough to apply for unemployment.



I suspect almost every one of their employees worked at a different casino and switched to the SLS when they opened. If they are laid off, I don't think it'll be too difficult to get their jobs back from wherever they were working before.
mds
mds
Joined: Sep 24, 2013
  • Threads: 50
  • Posts: 261
October 15th, 2014 at 8:08:08 AM permalink
Quote: RS

I suspect almost every one of their employees worked at a different casino and switched to the SLS when they opened. If they are laid off, I don't think it'll be too difficult to get their jobs back from wherever they were working before.



A lot not all of the Hotel/Casinos have a clause of NO REHIRE.
ten2win
ten2win
Joined: Jul 27, 2010
  • Threads: 20
  • Posts: 326
October 15th, 2014 at 8:17:33 AM permalink
Has anyone heard from Tomspur on this matter?

IIRC, he is(or maybe was), some type of floor person at the SLS.
I don't know everything but I know a lot.
beachbumbabs
Administrator
beachbumbabs
Joined: May 21, 2013
  • Threads: 99
  • Posts: 14229
October 15th, 2014 at 3:05:43 PM permalink
Quote: ten2win

Has anyone heard from Tomspur on this matter?

IIRC, he is(or maybe was), some type of floor person at the SLS.



Think he's in Surveillance/Game Protection, not on the floor. He was on the other day; I'm guessing he's not going to make any comments about his employer on here. I sure wouldn't, anyway.
If the House lost every hand, they wouldn't deal the game.
Greasyjohn
Greasyjohn
Joined: Dec 8, 2013
  • Threads: 130
  • Posts: 2129
October 21st, 2014 at 5:17:31 AM permalink
You know that lone meandering neon light that decorates the underside of the portecochere entrance next to the parking garage? Hope they let the guy who came up with that idea go.

(BTW, the SLS acronym apparently stands for Style Luxury Service.)
RS
RS
Joined: Feb 11, 2014
  • Threads: 62
  • Posts: 8623
October 21st, 2014 at 6:25:03 AM permalink
Quote: Greasyjohn

You know that lone meandering neon light that decorates the underside of the portecochere entrance next to the parking garage? Hope they let the guy who came up with that idea go.



Unfortunately, seems like that's how some things are today, "This guy came up with this idea and it ended up being bad so he should be punished" when in reality, there was likely a group of people who supported/allowed it to happen.

It's like when a teenage kid comes up with a prank and his friends join in. If the prank goes horribly wrong, that one kid is blamed for coming up with the idea, but really, everyone else was in on it too....and it's all of their faults.



I really do like the SLS. I don't know what it is about the place, but I like the feel. I really wish the northern part of the strip was revitalized. But, that's kinda tough to do, since it'd require several casinos/attractions in the area to spruce up, not just one. Hoping the SLS can survive long enough for that day.
FunkyDoctor
FunkyDoctor
Joined: Jan 18, 2013
  • Threads: 10
  • Posts: 73
October 21st, 2014 at 8:54:05 AM permalink
Quote: RS

It's like when a teenage kid comes up with a prank and his friends join in. If the prank goes horribly wrong, that one kid is blamed for coming up with the idea, but really, everyone else was in on it too....and it's all of their faults.



You want to share with us what you took the blame for? ;-)



Quote: RS

I really do like the SLS. I don't know what it is about the place, but I like the feel.



I like the place too, but one thing I can't stand are those ugly stainless steel craps tables. They look like they should be filled with ice and bottles of beer. Fire the guy or gal that chose those for the casino.

  • Jump to: