DRich
DRich
Joined: Jul 6, 2012
  • Threads: 79
  • Posts: 8271
July 8th, 2014 at 10:58:22 AM permalink
Quote: 100xOdds

so lets say a casino advertises 98% return for a slot (Blazing 7's) and .03 is added to the progressive for every $6 put in.
that's .5% added to the progressive.

so does that mean the slot is set at 97.5%?
(according to Arcade's site, the highest setting is SMI#6894 97.18%)



I think casinos probably handle this differently. When I have configured slot machines for casino's they usually tell me that they want it at a certain percentage. If the casino told me they wanted the game at 92% I would set the base game up for 90% and have a 2% meter contribution giving a total payback of 92%.
Order from chaos
Neutrino
Neutrino
Joined: Feb 20, 2014
  • Threads: 84
  • Posts: 515
July 8th, 2014 at 4:29:38 PM permalink
Quote: DRich

I think casinos probably handle this differently. When I have configured slot machines for casino's they usually tell me that they want it at a certain percentage. If the casino told me they wanted the game at 92% I would set the base game up for 90% and have a 2% meter contribution giving a total payback of 92%.



Wow damn! that's thought provoking. Makes sense but... doesn't seem like the most honest way to advertise
AxiomOfChoice
AxiomOfChoice
Joined: Sep 12, 2012
  • Threads: 32
  • Posts: 5761
July 8th, 2014 at 4:51:08 PM permalink
Quote: Neutrino

Wow damn! that's thought provoking. Makes sense but... doesn't seem like the most honest way to advertise



Of course it is honest.

The main thing to remember is that the money going into the meter is not paid to the casino; it is paid back to the players. If the base game pays back 90% and there is a 2% meter, then 92% of all money bet is returned to the players. Of course the EV for every specific spin is different (since it's dependent on the meter) but the weighted average over all spins is 92%.

  • Jump to: