RaleighCraps
RaleighCraps
  • Threads: 79
March 23rd, 2014 at 11:07:30 AM permalink
Quote: gpac1377

This is my post #666, so I figure it belongs in the Evil Empire thread...

Nomination for "bet tie in post of all time".
Always borrow money from a pessimist; They don't expect to get paid back ! Be yourself and speak your thoughts. Those who matter won't mind, and those that mind, don't matter!
JohnnyQ
JohnnyQ
  • Threads: 213
March 27th, 2014 at 7:03:27 AM permalink
Quote: gpac1377

I can't mention Guy Fieri without linking to the famous review by Pete Wells. The New York Times restaurant critic was so ... startled by the dining experience that he composed his review entirely of questions:

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/11/14/dining/reviews/restaurant-review-guys-american-kitchen-bar-in-times-square.html

And I'll nominate this review in the "Best Skewer of a Restaurant" Category.
All around me are familiar faces / Worn out places, worn out faces / Bright and early for their daily races / Going nowhere, going nowhere - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kdCLnwIkkps
JimRockford
JimRockford
  • Threads: 12
March 27th, 2014 at 7:36:19 AM permalink
Quote: SOOPOO

For low level players who will need hotel rooms, Caesar's is extremely generous with room offers. The comps they give to table game players are quite low. The VP players bemoan bad paytables, and the BJ players bemoan bad rules. To me the free rooms outweigh the other issues, as I play pai gow poker, and pai gow tiles mostly. I can usually stay for free at the Rio, and will for 3 days during the WoV convention (get together) in April.

Just be sure that you don't over value the free rooms when you weigh them against the extra expected loss, especially if you are a video poker or black jack player. The rooms they offer can usually be booked mid week at remarkably low rates if you are paying your own way.
"Truth is ever to be found in the simplicity, and not in the multiplicity and confusion of things." - Isaac Newton
terapined
terapined
  • Threads: 78
June 29th, 2018 at 7:45:04 AM permalink
Got a cheap room at Harrahs.
It was one of the cheapest i could find on the strip.
I like CET because through my credit card rewards, i get platinum and eat for free
Checked in and instead of trying the 20 dollar trick, they offered an upgrade for 20 right away.
I took and am pretty happy.
I am actually impressed with my room. Recently renovated. I am quite pleased.
If you decline housekeeping, which i always do anyway. 10.00 food credit
Last edited by: terapined on Jun 29, 2018
"Everybody's bragging and drinking that wine, I can tell the Queen of Diamonds by the way she shines, Come to Daddy on an inside straight, I got no chance of losing this time" -Grateful Dead- "Loser"

• Jump to: