DeMango
DeMango
  • Threads: 26
February 24th, 2010 at 10:26:57 AM permalink
A polo shirt would be nice. I will take a large please!
When a rock is thrown into a pack of dogs, the one that yells the loudest is the one who got hit.
Niblick
Niblick
  • Threads: 15
February 24th, 2010 at 12:24:15 PM permalink
Nice idea for the polos...and for us on the east coast, maybe fleeces would be in order. And now, given our weather report, maybe logoed snow shovels.

But I do have a question...how long do you think you'd be allowed to sit at a blackjack table wearing a WoO/WoV polo before you'd be asked to leave?

Wouldn't anything w/either logo instantly label you as being a counter?
Nemo Omnibus Horis Sapit
pocketaces
pocketaces
  • Threads: 3
February 24th, 2010 at 12:37:50 PM permalink
Nick and Amy from The Apprentice. Nice.
DJTeddyBear
DJTeddyBear 
  • Threads: 178
February 24th, 2010 at 1:36:18 PM permalink
Quote: Niblick

But I do have a question...how long do you think you'd be allowed to sit at a blackjack table wearing a WoO/WoV polo before you'd be asked to leave?

Instantly? I doubt it. Yeah, they may be a bit leery, but unless you ARE counting, don't worry about it.

It kinda poses a question (which may wait until the poll feature of the new forum): How many people here count cards? I don't. Heck, when I'm at a BJ table, I often can't even add the three random cards in my hand!

Quite frankly, if you are counting, I suspect you'd do everything you can to stay under the radar - including NOT wearing a WOO/WOV logo.
Superstitions are silly, childish, irrational rituals, born out of fear of the unknown. But how much does it cost to knock on wood? 😁
boymimbo
boymimbo
  • Threads: 17
February 24th, 2010 at 1:46:20 PM permalink
Post.
----- You want the truth! You can't handle the truth!
RaleighCraps
RaleighCraps
  • Threads: 79
February 24th, 2010 at 2:33:29 PM permalink
Quote: DJTeddyBear

Instantly? I doubt it. Yeah, they may be a bit leery, but unless you ARE counting, don't worry about it.

It kinda poses a question (which may wait until the poll feature of the new forum): How many people here count cards? I don't. Heck, when I'm at a BJ table, I often can't even add the three random cards in my hand!

What is this card counting that you speak of? There are no cards in a craps game, well, unless you are playing in CA. ;-)
I don't see myself being chased off the craps table because I am wearing a WoO/WoV logo. I'd be more worried that someone would ask me to supply the mean derivative of the standard polynomial on the Q factor of the craps game, and I would only be able to respond that the 7 has a 16.67% chance of showing up on any roll.
Please do not consider testing the applicants for the right to wear the logo!
Always borrow money from a pessimist; They don't expect to get paid back ! Be yourself and speak your thoughts. Those who matter won't mind, and those that mind, don't matter!
Wizard
Administrator
Wizard
  • Threads: 1332
February 24th, 2010 at 3:13:25 PM permalink

I could probably play at any blackjack table (possibly exempting places I've been backed off) all day long, with or without that shirt, as long as they didn't think I was counting. I've never been asked to not play just as a precaution. The closest thing was the incident I wrote about in the Hilton review, where some guy in a suit came up to me out of nowhere and said "I'm watching you."

Quote: pocketaces

Nick and Amy from The Apprentice. Nice.

Correct! They made an appearance at the Global Gaming Expo.
It's not whether you win or lose; it's whether or not you had a good bet.
nyuhoosier
nyuhoosier
  • Threads: 31
February 24th, 2010 at 3:26:50 PM permalink
Thanks for this response and all your good work.

I see one problem with selling strategy cards: You've already given away the information for free, so anyone can print out a chart and tape it to a piece of cardboard (as I've done). Is the lamination enough to get someone to buy one? Maybe.

Now, here's an idea. A card with 4 or 5 strategy tables for common rule configurations. It could unfold like a map. If you could come up with a compact way to do it, I'd buy one of those. For example, my current card is for double deck, but I often get stuck playing shoes because I'm a pretty low roller. This is where a comprehensive card would come in handy.

Back to the discussion at hand: I'm pretty picky about things like polo shirts. They can be expensive too. T-shirts are fun to collect and risk-free. A box of 50 might only cost $200.
nyuhoosier
nyuhoosier
  • Threads: 31
February 24th, 2010 at 3:30:11 PM permalink
Quote: joenunz

I don't think inventory is an issue when using a "print-on-demand" store like Cafe Press.

Not a bad idea.
PeteM
PeteM
  • Threads: 4
February 24th, 2010 at 5:55:54 PM permalink
How about a Hawaii style shirt? Think Paul Sorvino in "Goodfellas" Black or dark Maroon. I'd buy one
"Win with a smile, lose with grace."

• Jump to: