SOOPOO
SOOPOO
  • Threads: 106
May 19th, 2011 at 11:06:52 AM permalink
Quote: gambler

According to the article "God, they say, has already predetermined the roughly two to three percent of those who will be saved come May 21."

Maybe we can do an over/under on this percentage.

I hope any of the saved ones attends the Wizards Challenge on May 24.
Wizard
Administrator
Wizard
  • Threads: 1279
May 19th, 2011 at 12:43:29 PM permalink
Quote: SOOPOO

I hope any of the saved ones attends the Wizards Challenge on May 24.

Maybe we should move the challenge to tomorrow (May 20), just to be safe.
It's not whether you win or lose; it's whether or not you had a good bet.
PaulEWog
PaulEWog
  • Threads: 9
May 19th, 2011 at 1:00:54 PM permalink
Quote: gambler

According to the article "God, they say, has already predetermined the roughly two to three percent of those who will be saved come May 21."

I'd give 10-1 odds that anyone who has purchased a soul has already been disqualified.
Wizard
Administrator
Wizard
May 19th, 2011 at 2:52:56 PM permalink
Quote: PaulEWog

I'd give 10-1 odds that anyone who has purchased a soul has already been disqualified.

I'll give 1000-1. At least I'm out of the tsunami zone, and Vegas is not on a major fault line, so hopefully I'll survive the day. I'll be sure to stay away from cemeteries, so that I don't fall in any graves that open up.

Quote: www.familyradio.com/facts/

Q: What will take place on May 21?
A: On May 21, 2011 two events will occur. These events could not be more opposite in nature, the one more wonderful than can be imagined; the other more horrific than can be imagined.

A great earthquake will occur the Bible describes it as "such as was not since men were upon the earth, so mighty an earthquake, and so great." This earthquake will be so powerful it will throw open all graves. The remains of the all the believers who have ever lived will be instantly transformed into glorified spiritual bodies to be forever with God.

On the other hand the bodies of all unsaved people will be thrown out upon the ground to be shamed.
The inhabitants who survive this terrible earthquake will exist in a world of horror and chaos beyond description. Each day people will die until October 21, 2011 when God will completely destroy this earth and its surviving inhabitants.

EvenBob
EvenBob
  • Threads: 422
May 19th, 2011 at 2:55:46 PM permalink
Y2K had more credence than this pantload, and remember how that turned out. Every generation for the last 1000 years thought it was living in the 'end times' and could prove it.
"It's not enough to succeed, your friends must fail." Gore Vidal
Wizard
Administrator
Wizard
May 19th, 2011 at 3:07:12 PM permalink
Quote: EvenBob

Every generation for the last 1000 years thought it was living in the 'end times' and could prove it.

I've heard for 2000 years, but wasn't around to know for sure.
Nareed
Nareed
  • Threads: 373
May 19th, 2011 at 4:02:00 PM permalink
Off the top of my head, I recall the follwoing "THE WORLD'S GOING TO END" fads:

1) In the 70s there was supposed to be a planetary alignment, which would for some reason sink California into the ocean, among other things. For this there was an outlandish, missinterpreted scientific hypothesis to base the fad upon. i can talk about it detail if anyone's interested.

2) In the 80s Halley's comet somehow would destroy the Earth. At least in 1910 the Earth would pass through the comet's tail. What was the flimsy excuse this time? I never learned

3) In the 80s also many people believed nucelar war was imminent.

4) Y2K in the 90s. That was real, but highly missunderstood. Since there are some users here more knowledgeable than I about computers, maybe you know why if a pentagon computer determined the date to be Jan 1st 1900, nuke-tipped missiles would fly.

5) This year some nonsense about the Mayan calendar running out in 2012. This one has me stumped.

That's all they are: fads.
Donald Trump is a fucking criminal
Croupier
Croupier
  • Threads: 58
May 19th, 2011 at 4:12:35 PM permalink
Quote: Nareed

5) This year some nonsense about the Mayan calendar running out in 2012. This one has me stumped.

Maybe is the Mayan version of the Y2K bug.

Either that, or the Mayans thought they would be around to finish the calendar some point in the future, and didnt feel the need to write out more than 2000 years in advance.
[This space is intentionally left blank]
DJTeddyBear
DJTeddyBear
  • Threads: 177
May 19th, 2011 at 5:42:37 PM permalink
Quote: EvenBob

Y2K had more credence than this pantload, and remember how that turned out.

You may (or may not) recall, one of the biggest reported Y2K problems was that the slot machines at Dover Downs (Delaware) stopped working.

Isn't that one of the signs of the apocalypse?
Superstitions are silly, childish, irrational rituals, born out of fear of the unknown. But how much does it cost to knock on wood? 😁 Note that the same could be said for Religion. I.E. Religion is nothing more than organized superstition. 🤗
Wizard
Administrator
Wizard
May 19th, 2011 at 8:00:55 PM permalink
Quote: Nareed

Off the top of my head, I recall the follwoing "THE WORLD'S GOING TO END" fads:

When I was a kid a lot people were into Nostradamus, and lots of them felt that he predicted some big natural disaster on some particular date in the 80s. Of course, nothing happened.

• Jump to: