rxwine
rxwine
  • Threads: 165
December 22nd, 2010 at 1:40:51 AM permalink
Quote: Keyser

According to scientific research, you're wrong. People CAN tell by just looking at the face an unusually high percentage of the time. There does appear to be a phenotype.

I'm looking for the ariticles to back up my statement. I believe I read it on either Sciam.com or Sciencenewsdaily.com.

Here's the reference. Really though, better than random is about as useful as guessing who's a witch, for purposes of witch burning. (I didn't see the exact stat in the article though, so maybe it's more impressive than I thought)

Are gays really obvious? For instance this list.
Rock Hudson
Portia De Rosi
Lindsay Lohan
John Travolta
and this guy?

Well, now that I see Rosi with Ellen, it may be obvious NOW. From the stories heard later about Hudson, it might have been obvious if he wanted to let you know. I'm really not sure about Travolta, but hear suggestions more than once that he might be.
Quasimodo? Does that name ring a bell?
boymimbo
boymimbo
  • Threads: 17
December 22nd, 2010 at 4:07:35 AM permalink
What is the point of this thread except to inspire some hatred, name-calling, and generalizations which in the end contributes nothing to this web site or society as a whole?
----- You want the truth! You can't handle the truth!
JerryLogan
JerryLogan
  • Threads: 26
December 22nd, 2010 at 5:16:50 AM permalink
Quote: boymimbo

What is the point of this thread except to inspire some hatred, name-calling, and generalizations which in the end contributes nothing to this web site or society as a whole?

That's what I keep asking myself!
mkl654321
mkl654321
  • Threads: 65
December 22nd, 2010 at 2:16:42 PM permalink
Quote: boymimbo

To give JerryLogan another opportunity to spew hatred.
The fact that a believer is happier than a skeptic is no more to the point than the fact that a drunken man is happier than a sober one. The happiness of credulity is a cheap and dangerous quality.---George Bernard Shaw

• Jump to: