Canyonero
Canyonero
  • Threads: 38
May 28th, 2014 at 1:48:46 PM permalink
Ah, sweet puritan Americans...

How many generations more until you get rid of your irrational fear of nudity? Take a trip to Germany and enjoy a naked stroll through a downtown pedestrian area. It is very relaxing. (Bring something to cover your genitals though, and put it on if requested to do so by other people.)

So in the "European style pool" you can go topless but not bottomless? Oh well.

That means, in the "regular pool", men can go topless and women can't? That is sexist. Has anybody ever taken this to the Supreme Court? (Let's assume it were a public beach, not a private business.)
AcesAndEights
AcesAndEights
  • Threads: 65
May 28th, 2014 at 2:12:57 PM permalink
Quote: Canyonero

That means, in the "regular pool", men can go topless and women can't? That is sexist. Has anybody ever taken this to the Supreme Court? (Let's assume it were a public beach, not a private business.)

"So drink gamble eat f***, because one day you will be dust." -ontariodealer
sodawater
sodawater
  • Threads: 60
May 28th, 2014 at 2:13:34 PM permalink

How many generations more until you get rid of your irrational fear of nudity? Take a trip to Germany and enjoy a naked stroll through a downtown pedestrian area. It is very relaxing. (Bring something to cover your genitals though, and put it on if requested to do so by other people.)

In NYC, women are allowed to walk around topless everywhere in public. I suspect it is the same in many other jurisdictions.
AxiomOfChoice
AxiomOfChoice
  • Threads: 32
May 28th, 2014 at 2:16:33 PM permalink
Quote: sodawater

In NYC, women are allowed to walk around topless everywhere in public. I suspect it is the same in many other jurisdictions.

I remember when I was in high school, some feminists organized a topless rally to protest the fact that women weren't allowed to go topless in public. Many, many, many more men than women showed up. They "won"; it's now allowed.
FleaStiff
FleaStiff
  • Threads: 213
May 28th, 2014 at 3:55:41 PM permalink
Breasts are not genitals. Before NYC changed the laws for what was allowable in public there had already been quite a change for what was done on private property. The Museum of Modern Art had long been a place where women removed their blouses upon entry.
sodawater
sodawater
  • Threads: 60
May 29th, 2014 at 11:54:51 AM permalink
Bruce Willis's daughter "Scout" walking topless in NYC:

http://www.nydailynews.com/entertainment/gossip/scout-willis-walks-topless-new-york-article-1.1808910
Swanson234
Swanson234
  • Threads: 13
June 19th, 2014 at 8:39:02 AM permalink

If women aren't afraid of going full nude than they should also accept the fact that lots of men undesirable to them will make advances (not necessarily ugly men, but men of low means). Usually women who dress like sluts don't accept this and report undesirable mates as sexual harassers. A style of gaining a decent mate for women - repeatedly going out dressed like a hooker and have guys arrested until "the one"(guy with money usually) finally shows up at her door.
beachbumbabs
Administrator
beachbumbabs
  • Threads: 77
June 19th, 2014 at 11:08:48 PM permalink
Quote: AceTwo

A snooker player would never call snooker 'European Pool'.
Actually when I saw the thread I also thought that he is talking about Pool as played in England as opposed to the US (because I thing there are difference in the way that is played in England).

As for the way 'European Pool' as meant in the thread, try Europe.
In the 1980s and 1990s if you went to a summer resort in Europe with say English, Scandinavians, Germans etc about 75% of the women aged 18-30 would be topless. These days the figure is below 50%, probably around 25%.
I do not think 'morals' or whatever you call it changed to being more prudish in Europe since then.
The fact though that everyone has a mobile with a camera and everyone in that age group posts everything in facebook etc, I think has made a lot of women not going topless in a public beach or pool.

I would guess it has a lot to do with the cameras as well, and add in how ugly things got for people like Princess Diana or Princess Caroline when they were photographed topless. Says more about what goes on in the brain than the actual practice, if you consider that most of the men in "photo 2" (the chess players) have bigger breasts than most women on topless beaches, but who wants to look at them? lol....
"If the house lost every hand, they wouldn't deal the game."
Tomspur
Tomspur
  • Threads: 28
June 19th, 2014 at 11:16:29 PM permalink
Quote: AcesAndEights

Quote: Tomspur

I don't think it matters really. If you have decided to go and you are not comfortable then you leave, it really is that simple.

As for the naked pool at Mandalay Bay, there are some absolute CRACKERS lying around sunnig themselves. I cannot believe you would be disappointed........

Being in Surveillance does have its advantages even though we had been specifically warned not to use those cameras......bah humbug :)

Crackers? Is that South African slang for a hot chick? I only know it as a racial slur for white people...

It is actually an English (the country) term for a hot chick, also similar to belter or ripper (which is Aussie).

The way some Englishmen speak the Queen's language is very entertaining :)
“There is something about the outside of a horse that is good for the inside of a man.” - Winston Churchill
Tanko
Tanko
  • Threads: 0
June 29th, 2014 at 2:26:04 AM permalink
Quote: sodawater

Bruce Willis's daughter "Scout" walking topless in NYC:

She's obviously desperate for publicity.

Real sidewalk beauties don't need to go topless.

Sidewalk Beauties

• Jump to: