AlanMendelson
AlanMendelson
  • Threads: 86
November 12th, 2013 at 12:33:23 PM permalink
Again, too many of you are asking about damages. I don't want damages. I would want a correction and a retraction if indeed Rob Singer is able to somehow publish such claims in Gaming Today, Frankly, I doubt GT would ever publish such a thing. I also wonder if Rob Singer will actually be published in GT.

But it is Rob Singer's repeated personal attacks on me, and others including the publisher of this website, that led to him being banned on my site.
AlanMendelson
AlanMendelson
November 12th, 2013 at 12:38:09 PM permalink
Quote: MathExtremist

That wasn't the question. The question is whether that reputation or business are damaged in any way by someone on the Internet flaming you.

There is a different standard for the Internet and for edited publications such as a newspaper.

The publisher of a website actually has little control and only must make a good faith effort to control and stop libelous posts.
A newspaper, where there is an editorial decision process, with review and judgment calls prior to publication, has a higher standard to prevent libelous comments from being published.
MrV
MrV
  • Threads: 310
November 12th, 2013 at 4:58:59 PM permalink
Quote: AlanMendelson

But he has made an allegation that I am an "addict" and I am "addicted" and there is no proof or evidence of that except for his personal accusation.

So then, if I claim that a cigarette smoker is an "addict," then by your thinking I am defaming the smoker?
"What, me worry?"
AlanMendelson
AlanMendelson
November 12th, 2013 at 5:42:28 PM permalink
I dont understand your point Mr V. Are you defending Rob Singer?

And in case you want a serious response, someone who smokes is not necessarily addicted to cigarettes.
rxwine
rxwine
  • Threads: 156
November 12th, 2013 at 7:28:35 PM permalink

Quantity does not equal quality.

Was he in reform school on your forum? I can't imagine his reputation hadn't proceeded him. If the Wizard ever invites him back here, I would hope the Wiz would not be too surprised when things start going rather badly.

Although some people here refer to it as livening up the forum. That's about the most positive spin you can put on it.

(actually, I believe his reincarnation in other forms has visited with us more than a couple times)
prisoner of gravity
AlanMendelson
AlanMendelson
November 12th, 2013 at 7:40:00 PM permalink
Quote: rxwine

Was he in reform school on your forum?

Rob was always abrasive, but things really got ugly when he started to make claims that the IRS allowed him to deduct his groceries as a tax deductible expense for gambling because he had people over at his house to discuss video poker, or had barbecues and video poker was discussed, and he served lunch when people came over to learn about video poker.

Then Rob offered up his tax returns to prove the grocery deductions but they were never sent because another forum member didn't send his tax returns for inspection first. But the fact was the other forum member didn't deduct his groceries as a gambling business expense, so why would anyone need to see the other player's tax returns.

That's when I became critical of Rob and Rob started to accuse me of being a gambling addict.

Before all that I wasn't an addict -- because I put videos about Rob's system on the Internet and on my website, and I gave him a fair shot to explain his system, and Rob even applauded me for winning on negative expectation games contrary to what the APs say should happen.

But it's when I said that he was off base about his tax return challenge that I suddenly became an addict.

And it got worse when I told him that he left thousands of dollars of comps "on the table" because he failed to play with a player's card and missed out on free play, offers and events such as the Great Gift Wrap Up. He challenged that. But when I reminded him that a year earlier he told me he was sorry that he didn't realize what he missed -- he really came down on me like a ton of bricks.

He also went ballistic over Bob Dancer's divorce saying that when Bob got married he predicted Bob's marriage would never last. But I pointed out that Bob's marriage lasted about 13 years and that launched another salvo that I was an addicted gambler.

And about that time he added me to his list of targets for his Gaming Today articles which included Dancer, the Wizard and others.
speedycrap
speedycrap
  • Threads: 40
November 12th, 2013 at 7:52:30 PM permalink
My business is worth several million dollars a year. My reputation is priceless.

What kind of business is that please??? I am curious.

Sighhhh!!!!! Sometime you come across a moron in your life. If you think it is worthwhile to pursue, then go ahead.

Let's fast forward the clock to 2033. 20 years from now. When we get old and look back . We will find this thing silly.
My opinion is "Don't waste time on this Rob Singer. Spend your time on something else."
wroberson
wroberson
  • Threads: 19
November 12th, 2013 at 8:03:57 PM permalink
So, there's this troll making threats to publish an opinion piece in a magazine stating that a minor celebrity has a gambling problem.
Buffering...
mickeycrimm
mickeycrimm
  • Threads: 62
November 17th, 2013 at 6:17:44 AM permalink

Rob was always abrasive, but things really got ugly when he started to make claims that the IRS allowed him to deduct his groceries as a tax deductible expense for gambling because he had people over at his house to discuss video poker, or had barbecues and video poker was discussed, and he served lunch when people came over to learn about video poker.

Then Rob offered up his tax returns to prove the grocery deductions but they were never sent because another forum member didn't send his tax returns for inspection first. But the fact was the other forum member didn't deduct his groceries as a gambling business expense, so why would anyone need to see the other player's tax returns.

That's when I became critical of Rob and Rob started to accuse me of being a gambling addict.

Before all that I wasn't an addict -- because I put videos about Rob's system on the Internet and on my website, and I gave him a fair shot to explain his system, and Rob even applauded me for winning on negative expectation games contrary to what the APs say should happen.

But it's when I said that he was off base about his tax return challenge that I suddenly became an addict.

And it got worse when I told him that he left thousands of dollars of comps "on the table" because he failed to play with a player's card and missed out on free play, offers and events such as the Great Gift Wrap Up. He challenged that. But when I reminded him that a year earlier he told me he was sorry that he didn't realize what he missed -- he really came down on me like a ton of bricks.

He also went ballistic over Bob Dancer's divorce saying that when Bob got married he predicted Bob's marriage would never last. But I pointed out that Bob's marriage lasted about 13 years and that launched another salvo that I was an addicted gambler.

And about that time he added me to his list of targets for his Gaming Today articles which included Dancer, the Wizard and others.

Alan, I'm glad you're standing your ground with Singer. His hate mail to me got so bad I threatened to press charges. Montana has a Privacy In Communication law where it's illegal to continually harass someone through electronic means. I finally blocked his emails. He is a diabolical person. He put heat on me with the IRS. His son-in-law was the district manager of the Phoenix office of the IRS. Singer told me things about myself that only the IRS and me should know. While he was telling the gambling world that I was a sick losing gambler, he was telling the IRS that I wasn't paying enough taxes on my gambling win. This is how low he can stoop.

I personally think he should be frozen out of the gambling community as much as possible.
"Quit trying your luck and start trying your skill." Mickey Crimm
Ibeatyouraces
Ibeatyouraces
  • Threads: 68
December 23rd, 2013 at 8:06:08 AM permalink
deleted
DUHHIIIIIIIII HEARD THAT!

• Jump to: