racquet
racquet
Joined: Dec 31, 2014
  • Threads: 50
  • Posts: 411
September 22nd, 2020 at 11:40:34 AM permalink
So what exactly does "Recommended by Wizard" get you? I understand that this situation conforms exactly to the rules and that the customer has no recourse, and in fact shouldn't have any recourse. Read the rules.

So tell me what the Recommendation is good for? If the site has a forty page set of terms and conditions, and buried within is some obscure rule that essentially says "we're going to keep your money if you win a big bet and aren't REALLY, REALLY careful", is that okay with the Wizard?

What do we get when we play at a "recommended" site? Why should your recommendation matter?
darkoz
darkoz 
Joined: Dec 22, 2009
  • Threads: 269
  • Posts: 9422
September 22nd, 2020 at 3:19:03 PM permalink
I personally don't trust any casino I can't call the gaming authorities on.

Even brick n mortar like Indian reservation casinos.

Don't trust them.

They are worse than credit card companies, banks, and insurance companies
For Whom the bus tolls; The bus tolls for thee
sabre
sabre
Joined: Aug 16, 2010
  • Threads: 2
  • Posts: 1172
Thanks for this post from:
OnceDear
September 22nd, 2020 at 3:48:11 PM permalink
Quote: darkoz

I personally don't trust any casino I can't call the gaming authorities on.



Trust isn't a prerequisite for beating places for 6 figures.
Gandler
Gandler
Joined: Jan 27, 2014
  • Threads: 33
  • Posts: 1589
September 22nd, 2020 at 4:03:44 PM permalink
Quote: darkoz

I personally don't trust any casino I can't call the gaming authorities on.

Even brick n mortar like Indian reservation casinos.

Don't trust them.

They are worse than credit card companies, banks, and insurance companies



I agree 100%.

One of several reasons I avoid non-state approved online casinos and tribal casinos (amongst other political reasons).
Wizard
Administrator
Wizard
Joined: Oct 14, 2009
  • Threads: 1419
  • Posts: 24211
September 22nd, 2020 at 4:10:48 PM permalink
Quote: sabre

If LCB and that dimwit Casinomeister and the other "reputable" casino listing sites blacklisted every casino that didn't enforce restrictions through their software, then within one month every "reputable" casino would have that feature.



I so wish I could suspend you for the slur of Casinomeister. He is a friend of mine and does as much as anybody in holding the industry accountable.
It's not whether you win or lose; it's whether or not you had a good bet.
gamerfreak
gamerfreak
Joined: Dec 28, 2014
  • Threads: 51
  • Posts: 3386
September 22nd, 2020 at 6:12:12 PM permalink
Quote: racquet

So what exactly does "Recommended by Wizard" get you? I understand that this situation conforms exactly to the rules and that the customer has no recourse, and in fact shouldn't have any recourse. Read the rules.

So tell me what the Recommendation is good for? If the site has a forty page set of terms and conditions, and buried within is some obscure rule that essentially says "we're going to keep your money if you win a big bet and aren't REALLY, REALLY careful", is that okay with the Wizard?

What do we get when we play at a "recommended" site? Why should your recommendation matter?


From what I gather, WOO approved casinos use software providers that are known to be fair mathematically.

That said, I would not trust any unregulated online casino to not have completely slimy management when it comes to operations and decisions on jackpots, payouts, etc.
DRich
DRich
Joined: Jul 6, 2012
  • Threads: 80
  • Posts: 8541
September 22nd, 2020 at 6:22:54 PM permalink
Quote: darkoz

I personally don't trust any casino I can't call the gaming authorities on.

Even brick n mortar like Indian reservation casinos.



i Have never had a problem with an Indian casino but I definitely don't trust online casinos that aren't regulated locally.
Order from chaos
darkoz
darkoz 
Joined: Dec 22, 2009
  • Threads: 269
  • Posts: 9422
September 22nd, 2020 at 7:48:51 PM permalink
Quote: DRich

i Have never had a problem with an Indian casino but I definitely don't trust online casinos that aren't regulated locally.



DRich,

I speak as an AP.

I don't expect any problems for non-AP's in land based Indian casinos.

Without regulations Indian casinos can do lots of shady things to AP that no other business in America would get away with.

Meanwhile I have had regulated casinos attempt to withhold my jackpot winnings, etc and I just call in the regulators and force the casino to do what the law requires.

While I know many feel casinos should be able to defend themselves against Advantage Players, they still should do so under the law. When they cross over into lawlessness, I call in the regulators

Can't do that in an Indian casino
For Whom the bus tolls; The bus tolls for thee
Gandler
Gandler
Joined: Jan 27, 2014
  • Threads: 33
  • Posts: 1589
September 22nd, 2020 at 8:07:40 PM permalink
Quote: darkoz

DRich,

I speak as an AP.

I don't expect any problems for non-AP's in land based Indian casinos.

Without regulations Indian casinos can do lots of shady things to AP that no other business in America would get away with.

Meanwhile I have had regulated casinos attempt to withhold my jackpot winnings, etc and I just call in the regulators and force the casino to do what the law requires.

While I know many feel casinos should be able to defend themselves against Advantage Players, they still should do so under the law. When they cross over into lawlessness, I call in the regulators

Can't do that in an Indian casino



I agree. I am not an AP. And, for most players who just put a few dollars in a machine it's probably not a big deal.

But, people don't understand, tribal lands are essentially crossing over into a different country (often with their own police). They can do a lot to you and you have little recourse. (it's virtually impossible to sue them even for blatant wrongs, and forget about any kind of outside LE getting involved, yes the FBI does have some jurisdiction, but unless its a massive conspiracy, they probably don't care.....)

Even if you are not an AP there are plenty of shady stories you can find about various bad experiences. When a government involves itself in gambling it causes problems (and yes I include Canadian Casinos, and State Lotteries).

You don't have to be an AP to want to avoid tribal casinos, even if just for political/philosophical reasons.
Mission146
Mission146
Joined: May 15, 2012
  • Threads: 133
  • Posts: 15308
September 23rd, 2020 at 4:20:10 AM permalink
Quote: darkoz

I personally don't trust any casino I can't call the gaming authorities on.

Even brick n mortar like Indian reservation casinos.

Don't trust them.

They are worse than credit card companies, banks, and insurance companies



Haha...the gaming authorities. Anywhere except Nevada, that's cute. They should be called the, "Casino Operations Protection Department."
https://wizardofvegas.com/forum/off-topic/gripes/11182-pet-peeves/120/#post815219

  • Jump to: