Hullabaloo
Hullabaloo
  • Threads: 15
July 12th, 2018 at 9:06:22 AM permalink
Quote: onenickelmiracle

I wasn't kidding, I do think it was directed at me.

FWIW, when I read it I also wondered if it was a deliberate, yet covert, attack.
AZDuffman
AZDuffman
  • Threads: 221
July 12th, 2018 at 11:55:25 AM permalink
Quote: beachbumbabs

Then my ruling (if that's what you're asking for) is I do not see a personal insult towards you anywhere in this post, and will not be issuing a warning or suspension. You can appeal if you wish.

Call someone "a kid" three days in the hold.

Someone does not understand what "have you stopped beating your wife" means three days in the hole.

In both cases IIRC we were told because the person it was directed at felt it was an insult then it was an insult.

Here the person said it was taken as an insult. Not even a warning!

"All animals are equal, but some are more equal than others."
All animals are equal, but some are more equal than others
ams288
ams288
  • Threads: 22
July 12th, 2018 at 12:06:15 PM permalink
There is more than one Moderator of these boards. If a member truly feels slighted, they can always ask for a second opinion....
Eater of Worlds
DrawingDead
DrawingDead
  • Threads: 9
July 12th, 2018 at 12:16:56 PM permalink
And 1BB lives! Internet brutality! Just like Hitler! An outrage opportunity! Web-forum justice warriors to the barricades! This is getting hilarious. Here's an insult for you: the emotional age among many of the most regular posters on this forum is a number smaller than their shoe size. Which is exactly why some of them are here. And that statement is absolutely intended to insult any and all people who suffer from willful chronic footwear/grownup ratio deficiency. If it fits, wear it. Or, grow up, and don't.
"I'm against stuff like crack and math" --AxelWolf
beachbumbabs
Administrator
beachbumbabs
  • Threads: 99
July 12th, 2018 at 12:49:56 PM permalink
Quote: DrawingDead

And 1BB lives! Internet brutality! Just like Hitler! An outrage opportunity! Web-forum justice warriors to the barricades! This is getting hilarious. Here's an insult for you: the emotional age among many of the most regular posters on this forum is a number smaller than their shoe size. Which is exactly why some of them are here. And that statement is absolutely intended to insult any and all people who suffer from willful chronic footwear/grownup ratio deficiency. If it fits, wear it. Or, grow up, and don't.

Well, I can't ignore that. No hypotheticals there. You yourself have said you intended to insult.

3 days. See you then.
If the House lost every hand, they wouldn't deal the game.
VCUSkyhawk
VCUSkyhawk
  • Threads: 21
July 12th, 2018 at 1:01:12 PM permalink
Are you not allowed to insult the board members as a whole? I thought as long as it was specified. Makes no difference to me as I am not a super regular. I was just curious.
I got a plan, we take all your picks we reverse them like one of those twilight zone episodes where everything is the opposite. You say "black" we go white.
beachbumbabs
Administrator
beachbumbabs
  • Threads: 99
July 12th, 2018 at 1:09:36 PM permalink
It's a fine line. Precedent has been set that specifically insulting board members has resulted in suspension. Several of those, in the last 5 years. I'm trying to be consistent with that. And taking the phrase "many of the most regular members" (targeting members) into consideration, along with stated DDs intent.

He also could have used the same post to correct the possibly mistaken impression he left (which I still don't think WAS personal, but others disagree) in the first post, but he didn't.

There have been other times, you are correct, where it was vague or implied, and thus was not subject to moderation.

It's something that is best done (IMO) on a case-by-case basis.
If the House lost every hand, they wouldn't deal the game.
rxwine
rxwine
  • Threads: 166
July 12th, 2018 at 1:21:27 PM permalink
My shoes on display.
Quasimodo? Does that name ring a bell?

• Jump to: