gordonm888
Administrator
gordonm888
  • Threads: 50
March 29th, 2020 at 8:22:37 AM permalink
My wife has a friend she went to high school with >40 years ago (and follows on Facebook) whose grown son has tested positive for COVID-19.

We know two other people who have tested negative. That's it for us.

My wife is now on 3 weeks of not leaving the house/property and zero physical contact with people other than me. I have left the house 6 times in those 3 weeks - to buy booze or groceries or for restaurant food pickup.
So many better men, a few of them friends, are dead. And a thousand thousand slimy things live on, and so do I.
SOOPOO
SOOPOO
  • Threads: 112
March 29th, 2020 at 11:49:41 AM permalink
Quote: darkoz

So correct me if I am wrong

If positive and asymptomatic then I have been exposed and have developed immunities. I can go anywhere

If negative then either:

A) I don't have it but could still contract it and get sick/die so still need to quarantine

B) I do have it but within the last 14 days and have not yet developed anti-bodies. I may still get sick and still need to quarantine

Is that pretty much a correct assessment?

I believe your first sentence to be true, but that is not 100% certain yet.

A is 100% true

B is not clear, to me at least. I do not know the timing of developing antibodies that would be detected by the blood test available.
I (nor anyone yet I would guess) would know what level of antibodies would be needed to guarantee immunity.
rsactuary
rsactuary
  • Threads: 22
March 29th, 2020 at 12:56:37 PM permalink
If you are positive and asymptomic, it is possible that you could still be contagious. It's essentially your (B) scenario. I think what you're trying to get at is that you contracted it, recovered from it and therefore immune. Slight, but important difference.
odiousgambit
odiousgambit
  • Threads: 311
March 30th, 2020 at 2:55:58 AM permalink
"What it's like" to get this is, and other tales from the front lines, are harder to come across than I would have expected. It certainly hasn't been like when we get a hurricane and they're down on the beach live in a flash

Here are two stories - I was going to quote from them but I think you just need to read them

http://www.tomgrossmedia.com/mideastdispatches/archives/001912.html
the next time Dame Fortune toys with your heart, your soul and your wallet, raise your glass and praise her thus: “Thanks for nothing, you cold-hearted, evil, damnable, nefarious, low-life, malicious monster from Hell!” She is, after all, stone deaf. ... Arnold Snyder
DRich
DRich
  • Threads: 78
March 30th, 2020 at 8:27:13 AM permalink
Quote: darkoz

Her high blood pressure was over 200 I think.

That is a weekly occurrence for me.
Order from chaos

• Jump to: