Gandler
Gandler
Joined: Jan 27, 2014
  • Threads: 31
  • Posts: 1457
April 21st, 2020 at 8:29:56 AM permalink
Quote: onenickelmiracle

Don't catch that tooth infection, pretty smart.



If you have an abscess you will be in so much pain you will not want to go to the casino. (Not to mention you should go to the dentist ASAP).

But, many factors that cause increased temperature are contagious, and even if they are not, stopping sick people (who would probably only go to a casino in such a condition if they have gambling issues) from going to a casino is generally speaking a good idea even if it is not contagious.
SOOPOO
SOOPOO
Joined: Aug 8, 2010
  • Threads: 108
  • Posts: 6992
Thanks for this post from:
TDVegasJoeman
April 21st, 2020 at 9:28:17 AM permalink
Doctor here..... the temperature thing is SILLY!!!! First of all, most COVID carriers will be afebrile (without fever). The first few days of infection you can still transmit it but won't have ANY symptoms. My brother in law had it. For a few days he did have a fever..... when he woke up.... but he took a few tylenol and the fever went away...... will he be put through a lie detector exam asking him if he had a fever but masked it with tylenol? Puleeeaaassseee!!!!
When testing first started, they said get tested if your temperature was greater than 100.4. There are some people, mostly the elderly, that are febrile at a number WAY lower than that. If their temperature is 100, they might be sick as a dog.
The problem is politicians will feel they have to do something. Even if it makes no sense.....
TDVegas
TDVegas
Joined: Oct 30, 2018
  • Threads: 0
  • Posts: 586
Thanks for this post from:
SOOPOO
April 21st, 2020 at 10:10:00 AM permalink
Quote: SOOPOO

Doctor here..... the temperature thing is SILLY!!!! First of all, most COVID carriers will be afebrile (without fever). The first few days of infection you can still transmit it but won't have ANY symptoms. My brother in law had it. For a few days he did have a fever..... when he woke up.... but he took a few tylenol and the fever went away...... will he be put through a lie detector exam asking him if he had a fever but masked it with tylenol? Puleeeaaassseee!!!!
When testing first started, they said get tested if your temperature was greater than 100.4. There are some people, mostly the elderly, that are febrile at a number WAY lower than that. If their temperature is 100, they might be sick as a dog.
The problem is politicians will feel they have to do something. Even if it makes no sense.....


It’s all a crock of crapola. So they are going to do temperature checks, they are going to create a “clean” environment. They are going to try and run the place like an ICU.

All welcome stuff to some degree, I guess.

Then....”continue to vape, smoke and drop ashes all over the casino floor, tables, slots....

The hypocrisy is monumental. There isn’t a desire for a safe environment. It’s all window dressing and the view is still going to be rife with a big problem that the casino bosses don’t want to talk about. Infected air. The word “clean ashtrays on a regular basis” isn’t even in their write up.

Do what they want....just don’t couch it to me “we are taking stringent precautions”.

Deny a slight temperature in 100+ degrees days...but allow smoky smokerson have the run of the place? Pffft.

It’s a farce. They know it.
Last edited by: TDVegas on Apr 21, 2020
mcallister3200
mcallister3200
Joined: Dec 29, 2013
  • Threads: 16
  • Posts: 2402
April 21st, 2020 at 1:15:06 PM permalink
LMFAO at tables supervisors sanitizing chair and rail after every single player leaves and every dealer sanitizing on/off buttons. It’s not going to happen, as much as players move they would be spending the majority of their shift doing that, put on a cleaning uniform instead of a suit.
billryan
billryan 
Joined: Nov 2, 2009
  • Threads: 175
  • Posts: 9752
April 21st, 2020 at 2:07:01 PM permalink
It sounds good, and appeals to some people but i'd think it is mostly " aspirational" .
billryan
billryan 
Joined: Nov 2, 2009
  • Threads: 175
  • Posts: 9752
April 21st, 2020 at 2:07:31 PM permalink
accidental duplicate post
alan.mendelson
alan.mendelson
Joined: Apr 21, 2020
  • Threads: 0
  • Posts: 16
April 22nd, 2020 at 6:31:48 AM permalink
Quote: mcallister3200

LMFAO at tables supervisors sanitizing chair and rail after every single player leaves and every dealer sanitizing on/off buttons. It’s not going to happen, as much as players move they would be spending the majority of their shift doing that, put on a cleaning uniform instead of a suit.



Was this in the section regarding poker?

If so, players don't move that often.
BTLWI
BTLWI
Joined: Nov 6, 2013
  • Threads: 6
  • Posts: 412
April 22nd, 2020 at 8:41:44 AM permalink
Quote: mcallister3200

LMFAO at tables supervisors sanitizing chair and rail after every single player leaves and every dealer sanitizing on/off buttons. It’s not going to happen, as much as players move they would be spending the majority of their shift doing that, put on a cleaning uniform instead of a suit.



Y'all are way hung up on the petty stuff. How much sanitizing do you think a chair needs? 1 Spray and 1 wipe.

Also just because it says person XYZ will do this doesn't mean they can't change that to a cleaning person or different role.
mcallister3200
mcallister3200
Joined: Dec 29, 2013
  • Threads: 16
  • Posts: 2402
April 22nd, 2020 at 9:31:41 AM permalink
Quote: BTLWI

Y'all are way hung up on the petty stuff. How much sanitizing do you think a chair needs? 1 Spray and 1 wipe.

Also just because it says person XYZ will do this doesn't mean they can't change that to a cleaning person or different role.



I’m not hung up on it at all I really don’t care. Just pointing out they’re just not going to actually be doing what they say they will if you understand how majority of floor people work. The amount of time ash trays and empty unattended drinks generally sit there is an indicator. Majority of them who aren’t gung ho on trying to move up into middle management the entire motivation tree for what they do is either to 1. Avoid blame. 2. Avoid work.
mcallister3200
mcallister3200
Joined: Dec 29, 2013
  • Threads: 16
  • Posts: 2402
April 22nd, 2020 at 9:33:16 AM permalink
Quote: alan.mendelson

Was this in the section regarding poker?

If so, players don't move that often.



Table games.

  • Jump to: