gordonm888
gordonm888
  • Threads: 44
October 12th, 2020 at 9:50:32 PM permalink
Quote: Mental

It depends on the payoff for the sequential and the flush. For a sequential royal paying 50,000 for 5 coins, you would stand pat on a flush paying 6 for 1 and go for the royal on bonus poker where the flush only pays 5 for 1.

Of course. I understand that completely without your explanation. Remember: you asked us for help with the strategy analysis - I note that I certainly haven't asked you to help me with the math or strategy analysis and I don't feel like I need any. I have my own customized personal tools at home for analyzing these kind of issues. If you will reread the thread:

1. you did not provide a payout,
2. I asked "what is the payout?"
3. Wizard provided a link to his page showing a payout of 10,000
4. I responded with this:

Quote: gordonm888

I have not typed a single number into Excel, but my guess is that with 3 cards to a sequential royal (payout = 10,000) that you should break up a straight to draw to the three sequential royal cards - but that you should not break up a flush in the same situation.

Ex: with Ts-Js-Qd-Kd-As (in order) you should discard the Qd and Kd.

and with 2s-Js-Qs-Ks-3s you should hold all 5 cards.

If you have been dealt 2 cards to a sequential royal, its not worth much -on the order of 0.1 bet units. I don't imagine its going to change many decisions since you often hold the two high cards anyway.

The information I posted above, IMO, helps provide readers with a feeling for the strategy issues. If you no longer need any assistance with the strategy then I won't post anymore.
So many better men, a few of them friends, are dead. And a thousand thousand slimy things live on, and so do I.
unJon
unJon 
  • Threads: 14
October 13th, 2020 at 5:30:37 AM permalink
Gordon you are confusing people. Mental didnít ask for help. Tony did. Mental posted a very helpful post in the other reversible thread.
The race is not always to the swift, nor the battle to the strong; but that is the way to bet.
Mental
Mental
  • Threads: 1
October 13th, 2020 at 6:53:17 AM permalink
Quote: unJon

Gordon you are confusing people. Mental didnít ask for help. Tony did. Mental posted a very helpful post in the other reversible thread.

I have no problems with Gordon. I completely missed the part of the post where Gordon did specifically mention the sequential royal payout = 10,000. My bad.

We are in agreement on the strategy situation that Gordon posted.

• Jump to: