KevinAA
KevinAA
Joined: Jul 6, 2017
  • Threads: 18
  • Posts: 280
September 3rd, 2019 at 1:54:36 PM permalink
Quote: darkoz

Here is another issue:

Many casinos show on a players card at either the kiosk or the actual slot machine:

Running total of all points earned as well as daily points earned.

DAILY POINTS EARNED???

Let that sink in a moment.

Take your players card out at midnight amd reinsert it. Did the daily points reset? Probably not.

Take it out right after each hour of the night. Lets say it resets at 6am. That is your daily points go from whatever you earned back to zero.

.guess what? THE CASINO HAS NOW DISCLOSED TO THE PLAYER WHEN THE GAMING DAY HAS STARTED.

If this title 31 is to be enforced then casinos must eliminate their daily points disclosure.

Starting to see why the whole title 31, casinos dont disclose that info argument is pointedly ridiculous



The daily points time does not have to be the same as the gaming day.
darkoz
darkoz
Joined: Dec 22, 2009
  • Threads: 248
  • Posts: 7802
September 3rd, 2019 at 2:09:08 PM permalink
Quote: KevinAA

The daily points time does not have to be the same as the gaming day.



I suppose in theory.

And yet I have never seen where they didnt coincide.

Mind you a large part of my AP career is based on knowledge of this.
For Whom the bus tolls; The bus tolls for thee
SOOPOO
SOOPOO
Joined: Aug 8, 2010
  • Threads: 109
  • Posts: 7722
Thanks for this post from:
MaxPendarkoz
September 3rd, 2019 at 2:38:23 PM permalink
I was watching a crime drama show. They go to a prison scene. Four guys. First in for arson. Second for armed robbery. Third for murder Fourth for disclosing to SOOPOO when a gaming day begins. SOOPOO asked the guy at the promotions desk how he could qualify for the free toaster. It said he had to gamble at least an hour each on two consecutive gaming days. When he foolishly told me the hour, I immediately called the Feds and happily they took the bastard away in cuffs. I copped a plea for "accessory to telling a customer when a gaming day ends". Hopefully I just get probation.
michael99000
michael99000
Joined: Jul 10, 2010
  • Threads: 9
  • Posts: 2112
September 3rd, 2019 at 2:46:22 PM permalink
Quote: KevinAA

The daily points time does not have to be the same as the gaming day.



Itís too late to try and throw the civilians off course.

Just alert the higher-ups that the closely guarded secret is out.
Mission146
Mission146
Joined: May 15, 2012
  • Threads: 125
  • Posts: 13201
September 3rd, 2019 at 2:55:06 PM permalink
Quote: darkoz

I suppose in theory.

And yet I have never seen where they didnt coincide.

Mind you a large part of my AP career is based on knowledge of this.



I believe SugarHouse is an example where free play starts at 7:00a.m., sometimes ends at 11:59.m. and the gaming day runs midnight to midnight. One exception is if you start playing at a machine before midnight and stay on that same machine until after midnight while never removing card and card never timing out.

Rivers is the same thing and the same company owns both, except some Rivers offers are done at ten and others midnight. They also start at 6:00a.m., but I believe the gaming day runs midnight to midnight.

I agree the vast majority of casinos promo day and gaming day are the same, but advise anyone to ask a host if they have a reason the information is important to them,
Vultures can't be choosers.
darkoz
darkoz
Joined: Dec 22, 2009
  • Threads: 248
  • Posts: 7802
September 3rd, 2019 at 4:06:40 PM permalink
Quote: Mission146

I believe SugarHouse is an example where free play starts at 7:00a.m., sometimes ends at 11:59.m. and the gaming day runs midnight to midnight. One exception is if you start playing at a machine before midnight and stay on that same machine until after midnight while never removing card and card never timing out.

Rivers is the same thing and the same company owns both, except some Rivers offers are done at ten and others midnight. They also start at 6:00a.m., but I believe the gaming day runs midnight to midnight.

I agree the vast majority of casinos promo day and gaming day are the same, but advise anyone to ask a host if they have a reason the information is important to them,



I believe sugarhouse gaming day starts around 5am or 6am. It has been about 3 years since I was there so maybe thats changed but I doubt it.

Freeplay does end at midnight AND kiosks after midnight can no longer be checked for points (which is the only way to check at sugarhouse aside from going online).

All of which sounds like a pretty dastardly way of throwing late night revelers under the bus.

Truthfully I dont know any casino gaming day that coincides with midnight. Most gamblers are just getting into their stride. The casino at least has some heart to position new gaming days at that time the average player is ended their play and headed home
For Whom the bus tolls; The bus tolls for thee
RS
RS
Joined: Feb 11, 2014
  • Threads: 62
  • Posts: 8623
September 3rd, 2019 at 5:54:03 PM permalink
Quote: bobbartop

Recently I asked my host at what time does their "new day" turn over. They said that that is a guarded secret of the casino. I still don't understand what the big deal is, but they weren't going to tell me no matter what. They're usually pretty open and generous with me if I ask them a question of any kind, but not about when the new day starts. It was like I was asking them for the secret code to open Fort Knox. No way, they ain't saying.

Does anyone have an idea why this is such a guarded secret?

thanks


I would think it has to deal with Title 31 -- Anti-Money Laundering laws n such.
DRich
DRich
Joined: Jul 6, 2012
  • Threads: 75
  • Posts: 7214
September 3rd, 2019 at 6:39:26 PM permalink
Quote: RS

I would think it has to deal with Title 31 -- Anti-Money Laundering laws n such.



I don't think it is a guarded secret. At most of our casinos it is 3am to 2:59am. Of our 180 or so smaller locations it is usually 3am but some are 2am and some 4am.
Living longer does not always infer +EV
GWAE
GWAE
Joined: Sep 20, 2013
  • Threads: 93
  • Posts: 9854
September 3rd, 2019 at 7:26:36 PM permalink
Quote: RS

I would think it has to deal with Title 31 -- Anti-Money Laundering laws n such.



thanks RS... guess I don't have to read the rest of the thread like you apparently didn't.
Expect the worst and you will never be disappointed. I AM NOT PART OF GWAE RADIO SHOW
LVJackal
LVJackal
Joined: Jun 1, 2010
  • Threads: 4
  • Posts: 85
September 3rd, 2019 at 8:19:44 PM permalink
You are talking about two different things. The gaming day for accounting (and as submitted to the governing body) is easy to figure out... it ends when table games will no longer place cash into their drop boxes prior to the drop.

Where the promotional gaming day starts and ends is listed on their mailers.

  • Jump to: