2 votes (100%)
No votes (0%)

2 members have voted

RealizeGaming
RealizeGaming
  • Threads: 61
October 31st, 2018 at 2:32:28 PM permalink
Hey everyone!

We are currently working on another version of our MultiDraw video poker game and wanted to ask the experts some questions on which cards to hold in this new version. In this new version of the game, we are allowing the MD card to appear on the deal of the game, whereas previously in MultiDraw the card could only appear on the draw of the game.

If you would like to test the early build of the game, you can find the game here: http://realizegamingllc.com/dev/MDDelux/
*Please keep in mind it is an early build and we know there will be a number of things that need to be corrected, but we are also very happy to listen to your feedback as we work to get the game into a final version.

The examples shown below are for DDB version of MultiDraw Deluxe.

First Case:

My first guess is to hold the four to a flush.

Second Case:

I'm almost positive players would just hold the three three's even though a kicker is dealt into the hand.

Third Case:

I'm also guessing the best hold is to stay with the straight and not chase the royal flush.

Fourth Case:

Straight draw or straight flush cards only?

Fifth Case:

Straight with a gap in it or straight flush?

Six Case:

Straight possibility?

Feel free to play around with the early build by using the controls at the bottom and please feel free to post any questions you might have.

Thanks,
Realize Gaming, LLC
beachbumbabs
beachbumbabs
  • Threads: 100
October 31st, 2018 at 3:09:28 PM permalink
My answers, could be wrong.

1. 3 to a RF
2. 3OAK, no kicker on DDB. You would on TDB.
3. 3 to a RF.
4. 3 to a SF because the 4th card is terminal. (Only 1 rank will give you a straight.)
5. 3 to the SF. Sa me reason as above.
6. on DDB, I'm pretty sure you hold the unsuited Ace.
If the House lost every hand, they wouldn't deal the game.
RealizeGaming
RealizeGaming
November 1st, 2018 at 2:19:48 PM permalink
Quote: beachbumbabs

My answers, could be wrong.

1. 3 to a RF
2. 3OAK, no kicker on DDB. You would on TDB.
3. 3 to a RF.
4. 3 to a SF because the 4th card is terminal. (Only 1 rank will give you a straight.)
5. 3 to the SF. Sa me reason as above.
6. on DDB, I'm pretty sure you hold the unsuited Ace.

Thanks beachbumbabs. I appreciate your thoughts.

I'm sure I will have some more questions this weekend once I get a chance to test the game more.
drrock
drrock
  • Threads: 3
November 2nd, 2018 at 11:28:48 PM permalink
My calculations agree with bbb in each case. A couple extra comments.

In hand #2, you might want to prevent the ability to have two 3's of diamonds in the same hand.

In hands #4 and #5, the straight draws are not even 2nd best. In each case, the singleton ace has higher EV than the 4 straight. But the ace is still lower than the 3-card SF draws.
RealizeGaming
RealizeGaming
November 3rd, 2018 at 9:27:33 AM permalink
Quote: drrock

My calculations agree with bbb in each case. A couple extra comments.

In hand #2, you might want to prevent the ability to have two 3's of diamonds in the same hand.

In hands #4 and #5, the straight draws are not even 2nd best. In each case, the singleton ace has higher EV than the 4 straight. But the ace is still lower than the 3-card SF draws.

Thanks drrock. I'm not sure how I missed that three of diamonds appearing twice in the hand. That is definitely not possible in the game so we will fix that right away.
heatmap
heatmap
  • Threads: 259
Thanked by
RealizeGamingbeachbumbabs
November 3rd, 2018 at 1:29:59 PM permalink
WOAH

RealizeGaming
RealizeGaming
November 3rd, 2018 at 1:31:43 PM permalink
Quote: heatmap

WOAH

Great win!

I see you didn't even use the pre-select controls to get that win.

Thanks for sharing!
heatmap
heatmap
November 3rd, 2018 at 1:49:51 PM permalink
Quote: RealizeGaming

WOAH

Great win!

Thanks for sharing!

WHATTTTTT are preselect win controlsss haha what is this wizardry??? i feel good about myself i guess haha
RealizeGaming
RealizeGaming
November 3rd, 2018 at 3:52:03 PM permalink

WOAH

Great win!

Thanks for sharing!

WHATTTTTT are preselect win controlsss haha what is this wizardry??? i feel good about myself i guess haha

I have to give credit to the programmer for the pre-select controls. He does an amazing job programming all my games. Anyway, we use the controls to test as many different hands as possible and to make sure the game is holding the correct combinations of cards prior to running the billion simulations of the game.

I would definitely feel good about your win, but don't hesitate to play around with the contols….especially #22 since it is always nice to see four aces with chances for the kicker.
heatmap
heatmap
November 3rd, 2018 at 5:36:11 PM permalink
I think you should JUSTIFY your hold reason, as in in logic, you are most likely comparing at least 2 hands, if not 3. And that work is being wasted if you arent also sharing that information with your users. The users know this is happening in the background, but say you only have 2 hands you are comparing, as if the only 2 possible BEST hands at the top of your lists are a high card , and a pair of cards, my suggestion is to display that comparison.

so you would put "we picked this hand to hold instead of the other hand because potential value of hand 1 (n) is greater than hand 2 (n+1)"

or to shorten

Hold reaon: "POTENTIAL Flush is greater than 2 pair"
heatmap
heatmap
Thanked by
RealizeGaming
November 3rd, 2018 at 6:00:50 PM permalink
WOWZA!
RealizeGaming
RealizeGaming
November 5th, 2018 at 4:33:01 PM permalink

I think you should JUSTIFY your hold reason, as in in logic, you are most likely comparing at least 2 hands, if not 3. And that work is being wasted if you arent also sharing that information with your users. The users know this is happening in the background, but say you only have 2 hands you are comparing, as if the only 2 possible BEST hands at the top of your lists are a high card , and a pair of cards, my suggestion is to display that comparison.

so you would put "we picked this hand to hold instead of the other hand because potential value of hand 1 (n) is greater than hand 2 (n+1)"

or to shorten

Hold reaon: "POTENTIAL Flush is greater than 2 pair"

I wanted to share a little feature that my programmer Alex included with the game. I'm sure I can't begin to accurately explain everything contained in the following screen, but it will at least give you an idea of what is going on behind the scenes of the autoholder.

In a web browser, click on the F12 button when you go to the game link. It will open up another window which will show you the autoholder logic for each hand you play. The autopicker will start at the top of the list to check to see if the four cards will meet the requirement before working its way down the list. Once it meets the described conditions, the game establishes the hold for the hand. Please keep in mind that there is some "nested" code beyond the check label for each hand since he has to tailor it to each specific game. As he stated, some of the code needs to be cleaned up for this specific game, but overall it is working pretty well and you can get an idea of what the autopicker is going through on each hand.

Give it a try and let us know if you have any questions. I will try to answer them as best I can or I will consult Alex for the answer and get back to you.

RealizeGaming
RealizeGaming
November 5th, 2018 at 4:34:17 PM permalink
I'm anxiously awaiting the dealt four aces and the MD card with a +5 x10 on it! If anyone gets that please post it.

Thanks for sharing heatmap.
heatmap
heatmap
November 5th, 2018 at 4:41:43 PM permalink

I'm anxiously awaiting the dealt four aces and the MD card with a +5 x10 on it! If anyone gets that please post it.

Thanks for sharing heatmap.

I cant believe i didnt even look there to begin with the developer panel is where all good stories on websites start
GWAE
GWAE
  • Threads: 93
Thanked by
RealizeGaming
November 5th, 2018 at 4:50:56 PM permalink
its an ok game but in my opinion I am never going to play a game where there you have to pay 2x the 5 credits just for the bonus.
Expect the worst and you will never be disappointed. I AM NOT PART OF GWAE RADIO SHOW
RealizeGaming
RealizeGaming
November 6th, 2018 at 3:25:43 AM permalink
Quote: GWAE

its an ok game but in my opinion I am never going to play a game where there you have to pay 2x the 5 credits just for the bonus.

We have an early version of Jacks or Better using the MD card where we only charge 5 + 5 wager. We’ve used the higher wager for the DDB version to show off the MD feature and to allow for bigger rewards (more cards and higher multipliers). I’m sure we could adjust the DDB game to a 5 + 5 game.
  • Jump to: