AcesAndEights
AcesAndEights
  • Threads: 67
March 9th, 2012 at 5:05:50 PM permalink
Quote: kneelb4zod

disregard above, just saw the link.

Yeah, there's no "professional" ultimate to speak of. Several leagues have been tried, in fact there's another one in its infancy right now: the American Ultimate Disc League. But nobody really wants to watch Ultimate, despite how much they try to pump it up, market it, legitimize it with officials, etc., so every time they've tried a pro league it's flamed out.

The best players play on the high-level club teams from their nearby big city, and compete every fall for the USA Ultimate national championship. They train and practice a lot, but they all have day jobs and have to self-fund their uniforms, equipment, travelling costs, etc.
"So drink gamble eat f***, because one day you will be dust." -ontariodealer
AcesAndEights
AcesAndEights
  • Threads: 67
March 13th, 2012 at 9:30:12 AM permalink
Quote: AcesAndEights

Yeah, that's what I was hoping. Between this trip and my others in the past year, I've made it about 3/4 of the way to Platinum, so maybe I can cross that bridge when I go back for the bachelor party in about a month.

I just logged in to the MLife website, and it's not displaying my tier credits anywhere. It's got my express comps, but usually there's the little slider along the "Saphire....Pearl...Gold..." etc. bar...anyone else have this problem recently? Was wondering if I came anywhere close to Pearl on this trip.

In case anyone else is wondering, I called MLife member services at 866.761.7111 to ask about my tier credits balance, and the guy at that number said there was a problem they still hadn't fixed on the website, but asked me to call 866-800-4668. At that number, I had no option but to pick a hotel, so I just picked the one where I had gambled most recently, and the desk agent was able to look up my TC balance after some back-and-forth about why I was calling.

So it's good to know my tier credits aren't completely gone, but annoying that such an important website feature has been broken for so long.
"So drink gamble eat f***, because one day you will be dust." -ontariodealer

• Jump to: