MDawg
MDawg
Joined: Sep 27, 2018
  • Threads: 10
  • Posts: 425
July 26th, 2019 at 10:35:48 AM permalink
Well, I hope your room was at least comp'ed up front, all you did was play Pai Gow and drink? Does Pai Gow even earn any comps to speak of?

I like that you went to the spa regularly the steam room is an essential part of any Vegas trip. Steam room or sauna is a part of any day, at home or away, period, actually.

Not enough Vegas suites have a steam room in them.
ams288
ams288
Joined: Sep 26, 2012
  • Threads: 16
  • Posts: 5271
July 26th, 2019 at 10:38:23 AM permalink
Quote: MaxPen

He was just trying to snap you back to reality.



Well instead he gets a bad rating and no tip!
Lock him up!
ams288
ams288
Joined: Sep 26, 2012
  • Threads: 16
  • Posts: 5271
July 26th, 2019 at 10:39:48 AM permalink
Quote: MDawg

Well, I hope your room was at least comp'ed up front, all you did was play Pai Gow and drink? Does Pai Gow even earn any comps to speak of?

I like that you went to the spa regularly the steam room is an essential part of any Vegas trip. Steam room or sauna is a part of any day, at home or away, period, actually.

Not enough Vegas suites have a steam room in them.



Not comped at all. I normally play at MGM properties where I can get most properties comped.

This was my “splurge” trip for my birthday. I booked a good flight + hotel package deal with Delta vacations.
Lock him up!
TigerWu
TigerWu
Joined: May 23, 2016
  • Threads: 18
  • Posts: 3469
Thanks for this post from:
ams288
July 26th, 2019 at 10:39:53 AM permalink
Quote: ams288

On my way to the airport. Lyft driver listening to Rush Limbaugh. ONE STAR!

I’m kidding.

Or am I?!



That is definitely worth losing one star over, but if the ride was otherwise fine I wouldn't trash his ratings completely.
ams288
ams288
Joined: Sep 26, 2012
  • Threads: 16
  • Posts: 5271
July 26th, 2019 at 10:47:39 AM permalink
Quote: TigerWu

That is definitely worth losing one star over, but if the ride was otherwise fine I wouldn't trash his ratings completely.



Agreed. One star would be too harsh.
Lock him up!
MaxPen
MaxPen
Joined: Feb 4, 2015
  • Threads: 13
  • Posts: 3423
Thanks for this post from:
ams288
July 26th, 2019 at 10:51:21 AM permalink
Quote: ams288

Well instead he gets a bad rating and no tip!



Would expect nothing less from you.
MDawg
MDawg
Joined: Sep 27, 2018
  • Threads: 10
  • Posts: 425
July 26th, 2019 at 11:25:37 AM permalink
Quote: ams288

Not comped at all. I normally play at MGM properties where I can get most properties comped.

This was my “splurge” trip for my birthday. I booked a good flight + hotel package deal with Delta vacations.


If it's not comped then I suppose playing something like Pai Gow where not expected to win or lose much is a good way to go if you like that game.

Happy BDay!
FleaStiff
FleaStiff
Joined: Oct 19, 2009
  • Threads: 261
  • Posts: 13805
July 26th, 2019 at 1:21:13 PM permalink
Quote: MDawg


I like that you went to the spa regularly the steam room is an essential part of any Vegas trip. Steam room or sauna is a part of any day, at home or away, period, actually.
Not enough Vegas suites have a steam room in them.

Sauna four or more times a week has a very significant advantage on weight, cardiac functioning and hypertension. I assume steam rooms confer a benefit as well.
tringlomane
tringlomane
Joined: Aug 25, 2012
  • Threads: 8
  • Posts: 5980
July 27th, 2019 at 11:03:08 PM permalink
Congrats on the Pai Gow royal!
ams288
ams288
Joined: Sep 26, 2012
  • Threads: 16
  • Posts: 5271
August 1st, 2019 at 5:24:05 PM permalink
A little update, I just booked another 5 night trip at the Encore for next April. That’ll be my “splurge” trip for 2020. (By “splurge” I just mean the hotel isn’t comped. I already have three other 2020 trips booked with comps from MLife).

Also, I forgot to post these pics earlier. I was the only one in the Encore spa one morning so I took some pics. Definitely my favorite spa in Vegas.





Those waterfall showers are awesome.



Lock him up!

  • Jump to: