FleaStiff
FleaStiff
  • Threads: 259
October 5th, 2018 at 9:05:02 AM permalink
Quote: PokerGrinder

Actually the SIM cards that I bought in Asia were a lot better than the crap I bought in London and they were much cheaper.

That is strange. In the Asia threads there were some discussions about how the low barriers to entry kept Asian food vendors selling only fresh foods at low prices. Perhaps its the same way with SIM cards.
Ayecarumba
Ayecarumba
  • Threads: 220
October 5th, 2018 at 11:03:26 AM permalink
Quote: FleaStiff

That is strange. In the Asia threads there were some discussions about how the low barriers to entry kept Asian food vendors selling only fresh foods at low prices. Perhaps its the same way with SIM cards.

In urban centers, I am sure that there are more users competing for the same bandwidth. The free market should equate to higher prices = less traffic = better performance. But, are there a lot of tall buildings with metal infrastructure, and a small number of cell towers? Could it be the two regions use different network standards: CDMA vs. GSM?
Voice of the Announcer: Meanwhile, at an abandoned gold mine, a sinister figure lurks. Snidley Whiplash: I love to lurk. It's so me

• Jump to: