RonC
RonC
  • Threads: 40
March 17th, 2015 at 9:07:30 AM permalink
These figures are not nearly exact since we paid for a lot in cash the last day, so I am adding that and all our tips on to the bankroll. By my count, we lost $2,000 on the trip. The vast majority of the losses were at Aria.

Aria's Figures

My win/loss shows us losing $900 on table games and $768.51 on slots. I don't think they are accurate on the table games loss. That doesn't surprise me; they were off last time also. I will make notes next time when I buy-in and when I leave the table. I assume the slots are more accurate.

Total points for the trip was 30,390. The MLife desk said that my average bet was $50 over 10.5 hours of play. That may be fairly accurate because there were no good nights with pressed bets but there was enough pressing that I would have expected it to be a bit higher. My wife played slots the same amount of hours at about $0.60 a bet. Not sure what all that works out to as ADT/Theo.

Comps

Upfront the offer was one night in the hotel and $150 resort credit. I also have $35 or so dollars of Express comps.

I called the host office and asked but they were unwilling to comp anything else--the other nights or $100 or so in additional room charges--but my expectations were that I would get minimal comps.

I don't know how those comps look on my play but I would note that the losses came so fast, overall, that both my playing time and average bet suffered overall on this trip. This trip featured faster losses than usual (with no difference in playing style; I play pretty much the same every trip) and more nights in the room before midnight than other trips. Usually even a losing night on the bankroll I have can last hours beyond that.

Overall, it was a great trip and we had a lot of fun. It was a successful trip!!!
RonC
RonC
  • Threads: 40
March 17th, 2015 at 9:07:51 AM permalink
Stratosphere Host...

I did get a call from a host at the Stratosphere asking could she do anything for us on this trip. She called while we were at the airport. She was very nice and said that we would be hearing from her. Honestly, I am not sure if I am interested but I will see what they offer and go from there.
aceofspades
aceofspades
  • Threads: 366
March 17th, 2015 at 9:23:22 AM permalink
Quote: RonC

Nice standard room and not too far from the elevators.

Loved this as, anyone who has stayed at the Aria know the convex/concave hallways are looooooooong
aceofspades
aceofspades
  • Threads: 366
March 17th, 2015 at 9:29:27 AM permalink

Donating to Aria

We spent the next couple of hours playing at Aria and it did seem to go a little better, but we ended up down a couple of hundred overall. Not nearly as bad as the past few nights. The difference in a winning session at craps and losing one for me seems to be that one shooter who lasts through a couple of sets of modest presses and gets the rack full enough of chips that you just know you can't give it all back. This session had no shooter; it was up $100, down $100 all night. My wife had some longer play on the slots but nothing to write home about. Both of us lost in the $100 range. It is well past three...where did the night go?

All in all, one great evening in the books!

For me, Aria is hit or miss - I either have an amazing win or horrific loss
AcesAndEights
AcesAndEights
  • Threads: 67
March 17th, 2015 at 10:47:58 AM permalink

My wife wants to do a little hooker role play with me at the table. Subtle, unlike some of the real ones out there. I get her back to the room and....well,and...I have to tell her that I can't afford to pay because I lost my bankroll for the day!

That is great, thanks for sharing! I got a laugh.
"So drink gamble eat f***, because one day you will be dust." -ontariodealer
tringlomane
tringlomane
  • Threads: 8
March 17th, 2015 at 6:42:31 PM permalink
Quote: AcesAndEights

That is great, thanks for sharing! I got a laugh.

Yeah that was really a great line...

Thanks for sharing!

• Jump to: