wroberson
wroberson
  • Threads: 19
November 23rd, 2013 at 1:49:56 PM permalink
I'm home from Vegas. The flight back was only 2 hours and 51 minute due to the 100 knot tail wind.

Thanks for reading and commenting. And, I'm sorry for it's crudeness. It's so hard typing without a standard keyboard.

I am up 325.00 plus 100 in football parlays. The trip cost me cash out of bank, 504 and change. So, I nearly won enough to cover it, which was my main goal. TR covered the resort fees for me.

If anyone takes SPIRIT air, you can get 50 bucks in match play chips at the D. I guess that's downtown. All you need to do is save your boarding pass and take it to the D's player's club desk WITHIN 24 HOUR of arrival. the offer ends March 15th 2014. I will be getting mine on December 10th.

My next trip is December 10 thru 13 and I'll be posting here. Again without a keyboard, it's not going to be pretty.

I never ran into a S17 table, but there were tables at every limit 5-100.

Play safe. Or not...

If you'd like to see a few pictures of Zion National Park, you can see them here:

http://www.facebook.com/roberson.william
Buffering...
wroberson
wroberson
November 29th, 2013 at 9:26:03 PM permalink
Just a final recap and profit loss statement.

When I got home I spent 100 before hitting the bank and pad my auto insurance. After depositing my gold in the bank, the bottom line went up 200.00.

The cost of the November trip $504. After all was said, done and spent, the finally tally was a total cost after expenses and money spent at home over the weekend is -$179. Not bad for any vacation, but not too good for someone trying to make a profit playing blackjack. I am super thrilled anyway.

My next trip is just 10 days away. The cost for this trip is only $312 thanks to the $30 airfare I picked up several weeks ago for a one way ticket and paying full for the return trip. The goal is the same, to win. I've found a house with decent rules and limits and can play within my comfort zone without having to track down a low limit table. The only drive I'll be making is to the D to redeem my $50 match play.

Working on a January trip. I can get RT air to under $200 and free room at any MGM property, plus another $50 in match play. The car so far is 104. It's running close to $325 for 3 days. This trip is dependent on a good win in December.
Buffering...
1BB
1BB
  • Threads: 18
November 30th, 2013 at 4:29:35 AM permalink
What games do you plan on playing on your upcoming trip and will you be counting at blackjack? Have a good trip and for goodness sake, if the bathtub clogs again pick up the phone and call someone!
Many people, especially ignorant people, want to punish you for speaking the truth. - Mahatma Ghandi
tringlomane
tringlomane
  • Threads: 8
November 30th, 2013 at 7:43:49 AM permalink
Thanks for sharing!
wroberson
wroberson
December 10th, 2013 at 8:27:22 PM permalink
I'm back in Vegas staying at the Rio. The trip has been a nightmare so far. I get to the rental car place and didn't have 350 for the hold on the car. The card is a low limit card with a limit of 320. Thirty was inflexible and denied my rental. 2 hours later Budget helped me out and set me up with a rental. I will never do anything with Thrifty. I will not suggest Thrifty. I hate thrifty. Take the skateboard. You'll be better whacking your balls on a park bench.

The trip hasn't been an entire loss. I signed up for a spirit credit card. Just doing the application got me a free ticket. 2500 mile will get me a one way ticket. 120 to me. The plans are changed and I will be pouting in my room all night. No games. I still have 50 waiting for me downtown at the D.

Until something happens...
Buffering...
EvenBob
EvenBob
  • Threads: 432
December 10th, 2013 at 8:32:59 PM permalink
Quote: wroberson

I'm back in Vegas staying at the Rio. The trip has been a nightmare so far. I get to the rental car place and didn't have 350 for the hold on the car. .

Never use Thrifty. They want way too much of
a CC hold. Use Hertz or Alamo. Screw Thrifty.
"It's not enough to succeed, your friends must fail." Gore Vidal
wroberson
wroberson
December 10th, 2013 at 8:50:22 PM permalink
Yeah. So the car rental shot up from 64 to 154. I'm just going to relax and locate my center again. Might as well skip the free Miles too. I can't find a flight for 2500 miles. Liars. At least it's not 12 degrees out.

I think the best part to this story is the 8000 in credit cards sitting on my dresser.
Buffering...
Ibeatyouraces
Ibeatyouraces
  • Threads: 68
December 10th, 2013 at 8:55:52 PM permalink
deleted
DUHHIIIIIIIII HEARD THAT!
wroberson
wroberson
December 11th, 2013 at 12:46:02 PM permalink
Well, I drove to the Tillman Bridge and walked across. I enjoyed it an took some pictures. At the Arizona side there's a barricade with "I was here" graffiti. Can't wait to see what's on it.

From there I went to D on Fremont got 50 match play for even money bets. I walked out 6.50 up. Talked with a guy in line for the cashier. He turned his match play into 300. So,it can be done and that made the match play a deal. Playing machine controlled blackjack is not my forte. Walked over to the Fremont . No decent tables or seats at the same. So I went over to the 4 Queens.

t 4Q, I sat to play. I waited and waited and the dealer refused to expose the machine shuffle of the deck until I was given my chips. I played about 5 carousels never got ahead and lost 75. The game is impossible. At any minute the cards could go on auto pilot dealing loser after losing hand. My only winning hands were playing against basic strategy. Standing on 15 v 10.

My serious opinion is not to play shuffle master blackjack. Even when it's your only choice. If you do, stand on hard hands more often than unusual. Do not double down. Take the 20 dollar win when or if you get there. I have 0% confident that the cards will ever be shuffled to a point where all the hand in a single will be winners born the player. Or to produce a string of winning hand for player. The whole carousel depends on the cut. And I may be way off thinking there's a winner in there somewhere

I've got 27 hours to get my 75 back. I'm feeling pretty good. Getting across that bridge was a good call and has helped get me back into a positive state of mind.

That's 51 hours as I leave Friday. 5pm
Buffering...
AcesAndEights
AcesAndEights
  • Threads: 67
December 11th, 2013 at 1:33:33 PM permalink
Quote: wroberson

My serious opinion is not to play shuffle master blackjack. Even when it's your only choice. If you do, stand on hard hands more often than unusual. Do not double down. Take the 20 dollar win when or if you get there. I have 0% confident that the cards will ever be shuffled to a point where all the hand in a single will be winners born the player. Or to produce a string of winning hand for player. The whole carousel depends on the cut. And I may be way off thinking there's a winner in there somewhere

More ASM conspiracy theories? Gosh.
"So drink gamble eat f***, because one day you will be dust." -ontariodealer

• Jump to: