Skeptic
Skeptic
  • Threads: 5
October 28th, 2016 at 9:13:11 AM permalink
Quote:

I will state that I am NOT an MLB fan, so I cant say for sure, however my friend says the Cubs have been slowly building their team for a couple years. Remember they made it to the NLCS last year and lost. This year they have the best record in both conferences. He actually told me like 3 years ago that 2017 was their year. So they may be a year early.

I don't follow it that closely either but I'd also known they were up-and-coming with high expectations under Theo Epstein. But still. It's the Cubs. To win the World Series. Goat curses and all that.

Jokes aside Theo Epstein deserves his own wing in the Hall of Fame. First the Red Sox and now the Cubs. It really is amazing what he's accomplished.
billryan
billryan
  • Threads: 178
October 28th, 2016 at 9:35:25 AM permalink
My friend did this with the Giants win over the then perfect Patriots. He took several photos of the him with the ticket, then reported the ticket lost. I'm not certain but I think it took awhile to get paid.
Ayecarumba
Ayecarumba
  • Threads: 236
October 28th, 2016 at 9:48:38 AM permalink
Quote: VCUSkyhawk

Because he did say he would have me redeem if he could keep the ticket. Why wouldn't you?

In the original post, you indicated that you asked him if he wanted you to redeem it, and he said "no".
Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication - Leonardo da Vinci
VCUSkyhawk
VCUSkyhawk
  • Threads: 21
October 28th, 2016 at 10:03:11 AM permalink
Yeah, I should have been more clear. That is what he said, but then I told him I was going to try to find out online if it could be done. He isn't opposed to cashing it in, just he wants the original stub.
I got a plan, we take all your picks we reverse them like one of those twilight zone episodes where everything is the opposite. You say "black" we go white.
VCUSkyhawk
VCUSkyhawk
  • Threads: 21
October 28th, 2016 at 10:05:14 AM permalink
Quote: billryan

My friend did this with the Giants win over the then perfect Patriots. He took several photos of the him with the ticket, then reported the ticket lost. I'm not certain but I think it took awhile to get paid.

Do you know the amount? I am curious if they will kick up a huge fuss over such a small amount if I can give them the details from the bottom of the stub.
I got a plan, we take all your picks we reverse them like one of those twilight zone episodes where everything is the opposite. You say "black" we go white.

• Jump to: