Mission146
Mission146
  • Threads: 124
February 10th, 2016 at 2:13:13 AM permalink
Greetings!

First of all, congratulations to FourFiveFace on a great win! FourFiveFace went into the Super Bowl with a three-way tie for the lead, and both Wizard and FourFiveFace picked the game correctly, but FFF ran away with it by answering 8/10 questions correctly!

SOOPOO, likely anticipating the Dog Picks on the parts of Wizard and FourFiveFace, went the opposite way and it didn't work out for him this time...but I do like the strategy. SOOPOO probably figured Wizard would play historical results of all NFL games (Dog, Under) and thought FFF would either take the Broncos or the Under, so a result of CAR/OVER might make the questions irrelevant...at least as far as the individuals tied with him were concerned.

I hope everyone enjoyed the new format because it is here to stay! Again, the objective of this format is essentially to at least get everyone to the Conference Championship games still having a chance, and I feel like this format accomplished that. In fact, if we look at JML24 jumping from 13 to 27 and SteelDCo jumping from 13 to 25, I'd say the top half of the players had an outside shot at winning.

Without further ado, here are the final stats. One thing to note is that I am going to go ahead and use the Super Bowl predictions to take care of ties and will explain what happened with those at the bottom:

FourFiveFace: 31 Points
Wizard: 29 Points
JML24: 27 Points
SteelDCo: 25 Points
JW17: 22 Points*
SOOPOO 22 Points*
BeachBumBabs: 22 Points*
AyeCarumba: 20 Points
JohnZimbo: 19 Points
GenWyzgy/Aluisio: 17 Points **
EdCollins: 15 Points
MidWestAP: 14 Points
Mission146: DNF/DQ***

*JW17 wins the tiebreaker because he had Denver winning the Super Bowl, SOOPOO had Carolina losing to the Patriots, but I would suggest that picking the winner takes precedence. Furthermore, Denver actually beat the Patriots, which makes the Denver pick even stronger considering that Denver won the Super Bowl.

** OOPS! They both picked the Patriots and the Cardinals! Had they won, I would have declared them both the winner and paid both. In the meantime, I'll have to come up with a fix for this tiebreaker. In all likelihood, I'm going to set it up so TieBreaker 1 is the SB Picks before the Playoffs start and TieBreaker 2 is the SB Picks that will go after the questions!

***Based on the performance of FourFiveFace, it would have been mathematically impossible for me to win as my highest possible score would have been thirty. How I would have answered the questions is irrelevant, but my SB Pick would have been Denver, Over, so four points there.

Shoot me a PM as soon as you see this, FourFiveFace!!! I don't want to send you a PM first and screw up you seeing you won here.
Vultures can't be choosers.
MidwestAP
MidwestAP
  • Threads: 22
February 10th, 2016 at 2:28:57 AM permalink
Thanks for DQ'ING Mission to keep me out of DFL! To bad there's not a 'You Suck' award here, cause I surely did.

Thanks for running this!
beachbumbabs
Administrator
beachbumbabs
  • Threads: 99
February 10th, 2016 at 4:53:06 AM permalink
Thanks for the game, mission! Congrats to four five face!
If the House lost every hand, they wouldn't deal the game.
jml24
jml24
  • Threads: 2
February 10th, 2016 at 10:19:40 AM permalink
Thanks for running the game, it was fun following these props during the game, and a lot less risky than betting actual money!
Ayecarumba
Ayecarumba
  • Threads: 236
February 10th, 2016 at 3:16:30 PM permalink
Thanks for running this Mission! I was also using what I thought was a contrarian strategy. I assumed the leaders would back Denver and end up in a big tie. My hope was that the Panther's would have a big day... which they didn't.

Congratulations to FourFiveFace on the victory. Great picking on the props!
Simplicity is the ultimate sophistication - Leonardo da Vinci
Johnzimbo
Johnzimbo
  • Threads: 4
February 10th, 2016 at 4:44:20 PM permalink
Thanks Mission, it was fun and look forward to next year
FourFiveFace
FourFiveFace
  • Threads: 15
February 13th, 2016 at 9:24:37 AM permalink
Happy to win; thanks to Mission for putting this on again! Part of my thought process was that 5.5 points was too much considering the strength of the Denver defense. But another part of it was that everyone and their mother was picking Carolina to roll, so I went the other way.
Mission146
Mission146
February 17th, 2016 at 4:22:59 AM permalink
You're welcome to everyone who said thank you!

I'll be sending out some PM's later on this evening to set up all payments.
TwoFeathersATL
TwoFeathersATL
  • Threads: 37
February 17th, 2016 at 5:16:18 AM permalink
Quote: Mission146

You're welcome to everyone who said thank you!

I'll be sending out some PM's later on this evening to set up all payments.

Where Mission been? No TR? ;-)
Youuuuuu MIGHT be a 'rascal' if.......(nevermind ;-)...2F
Mission146
Mission146
February 17th, 2016 at 5:27:07 AM permalink
Quote: TwoFeathersATL

Where Mission been? No TR? ;-)

I wish!

• Jump to: